Kevin Can Wait: Erinn Hayes Exit (Potentially) Explained

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dirwuf, Jul 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

You really need to write a book. Seriously.

2. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

Hayes is 11 years younger than James. She's a young looking 41.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  3. dirwuf

dirwuf Misplaced Chicagoan Thread Starter

And Taylor Spreitler, who plays their daughter is 24.

You do the math...

4. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

It's a bad show. I watched it once, Kevin is one trick pony after King Of Queens..

5. dirwuf

dirwuf Misplaced Chicagoan Thread Starter

It's not bad because of him...he's pretty much the only thing which makes it watchable.

6. VeeFan64

VeeFan64 A 60s Music Kind of Guy

Being a fan of King of Queens, I got pretty psyched until I saw the last two episodes she (Leah R.) was in. What did she do to her face? I can't even look at her. They stretched her skin so far back she doesn't look human anymore. I hate that this is necessary in Hollywood. Won't be watching.

7. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

All I know is if I paid as much for tickets as Billy Joel charges and this happened at a show I was at I would be like "WTF???" and assume Billy was having too many bottles of red and bottles of white ....

xilef regnu likes this.
  8. Splungeworthy

9. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Yeah, similar story in TheWrap...

Kevin will see a personal tragedy in between seasons of “Kevin Can Wait”: The show will kill off his wife, played by Erinn Hayes.

Hayes starred opposite Kevin James in the show’s first season as his wife, but it was announced in June that she was leaving the show because executives wanted to go in a different direction.

“The character will have passed away, and we will be moving forward in time, catching up at a later date,” Thom Sherman, CBS’s senior vice president of programming, told reporters at a Television Critics Association panel.

'Kevin Can Wait' Will Kill Off Erinn Hayes' Character, Make Way for Leah Remini

10. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Bad idea.. let it fail.. King Of Queens only happens once...

Matthew Tate likes this.
  11. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident

So, he knocked her up at 16. It happens. Plus he was a cop and the law doesn't apply to them anyway.

12. jupiter8

jupiter8 Senior Member

why don't they just kill off "Kevin Can Wait" and bring back "King of Queens"? NBC is reanimating all of their dead shows.

13. profholt82

profholt82 Resident Blowhard

Aside from the excellent chemistry between James and Remini, what made 'King of Queens' work so well was the ensemble cast. Veteran comedy actors like Jerry Stiller, Nicole Sullivan and Patton Oswalt, to name a few, all played important roles in what made the show a success. Even in episodes where the plots were thin, and the writing wasn't at its best, the cast had enough talent to make them enjoyable. I don't think shoe-horning Remini into 'Kevin Can Wait' is going to be a magic band-aid that fixes everything. The show is nowhere near the caliber of 'King of Queens.'

14. trusso

trusso Forum Resident

Since when does the actors' actual age have anything to do with their character's? For all we know, they could be a 43, 41 and 21. Not unrealistic at all.

905, The Hud and Matthew Tate like this.
  15. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident

Honestly, I watched the show (never watched King of Queens) and I didn't think the episodes with Remini were all that funny.

mark renard, BNell and Deesky like this.
  16. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

17. Splungeworthy

To be fair, it's nearly impossible to introduce this kind of plot development gracefully in a multicam sitcom, and probably the less said the better, which is basically how they did it. It's not like we've had multiple seasons of getting to know his wife to build up any kind of attachment to her. Sucks for Erinn Hayes, but let's be real here-she's no Leah Remini. They did shoehorn Remini into this episode rather clumsily, as she has already insinuated herself into the mother role for Kendra with her wedding to Chale (a ridiculously unlikely pairing if ever there was one).

neo123 likes this.
  18. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I'll never know...
    I grew quite attached to her, right from the start in fact, and is the main reason I won't be watching the reboot.
    Quite so, Hayes is very likeable.

James Slattery likes this.
  19. Glenpwood

Glenpwood Hyperactive!

The shows producers said they will address the death and how it happened in a later episode according to the EW Fall TV Preview. There was a nicer moment between Kevin & his daughter concerning the wifes absence later in the episode before he walked her down the aisle so it wasn't to me as big a slight as the article made it sound.

mosogotamravip and Matthew Tate like this.
  20. greenhorn

greenhorn Forum Resident

Firing Erinn Hayes was wrong, I liked her. Now it will just be Kevin James and Leah Remini antagoinizing each other. I used to like them both, but given the circumstances I dropped the show off the DVR.

eddiel likes this.
  21. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

:laugh:

Yes I'm not particularly keen on this reboot. The first season was no masterclass in TV but I enjoyed it. I have no interest in King Of Queens part II.

Deesky likes this.
  22. ElevatorSkyMovie

ElevatorSkyMovie Senior Member

Don't you mean "The Honeymooners" part III?

Benno123 and eddiel like this.
  23. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

Indeed. Usually its the funniest material used for promos. Those promos are not funny.

Vidiot likes this.
  24. Hymie the Robot

Hymie the Robot Forum Resident

Cringe worthy comes to mind when thinking about last night's episode. Thaught the other show was better but doubt I will set the TiVo for either.

Jack White likes this.
  25. Agerst1574

Agerst1574 Forum Resident

I was a fan of King of Queens. I am really struggling to watch this show. Watched it last night and there were a couple of good lines but for me it is painful to watch Leah Remni in this. Part of it has to do with the plastic surgery she has had. She can barely move her lips and she is so botoxed out. Part of her strength as an actress in King of Queens were her facial expressions and she is physically incapable of doing that now.

Regarding Erinn Hayes, she was likeable but never convincing as Kevin James' wife. This show is really a mess.

utopiarun, Deesky and Matthew Tate like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.