Kevin Smith "Clerks" 10th Anniversary 3 DVD Set 9-7-04

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by reechie, Jun 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reechie

reechie Senior Member Thread Starter

'CLERKS X' DVD - FULL DETAILS ON WHAT WILL BE INCLUDED ON THE DISC

This huge 3-disc set (yes - 3 discs!) will contain the following, as posted on June 10, 2004:

* The 93 minute "Clerks" Theatrical cut

* All new HiDef transfer from 16mm IP supervised by Dave Klein with all-new 5.1 Skywalker Sound remix supervised by Scott Mosier, includes original commentary track from laser disc/initial DVD release (Disc One)

* The 103 minute "Clerks" IFFM First Cut, includes all-new audio/video commentary track with Kevin, Scott, Jeff Anderson, Brian O'Halloran and Jason Mewes. (Disc Two)

* The 95 minute "The Snowball Effect: The Story of Clerks" Brand Spanking*New Documentary that inteviews almost everybody who ever had something to do with "Clerks" (Disc Three)

* The MTV Jay and Silent Bob shorts that everyone's been crying for us to put on a DVD for years now

* The Arclight 10th Anniversary Q&A with Brian, Jeff, Marilyn, Scott, Dave, Mewes, and Kevin

* Lots of new video intros.

* "The Flying Car" short from the Tonight Show (re-telecined in HiDef).

* The Original theatrical trailer

* "Can't Even Tell" Music Video

* The original Jeff, Brian, and Marilyn and Ernie O'Donnell audition tapes

* The brand new, seven minute animated "Lost Scene" short

* Expansive Still Photo Gallery

* 'Clerks' Trivia track

* Original 168-page original first draft screenplay

* Kevin's 'Clerks' Journal

* Kevin's 'Sundance' Journal

* Peter Broderick's 1992 article "The ABC's of No-Budget Filmmaking" that inspired the budget for 'Clerks'

* Peter Broderick's followup article "Learning from Low-Budgets" a year later that does the same treatment on 'Clerks'

* Amy Taubin's Village Voice article on the 1991 IFFM and 'Slacker' that*inspired Kevin to take 'Clerks' to the IFFM

* Amy Taubin's Village Voice article on the 1993 IFFM about 'Clerks' being the gem of the festival.

* Janet Maslin's 1994 New York Times review of 'Clerks' entitled "At a Convenience Store, Coolness To Go"

* The entire John Pierson 'The Odd Couple: Sundance 1994" Chapter from 'Spike Mike Reloaded' book

* The original Kevin-penned IFFM program note

* The original Bob Hawk-penned 1994 Sundance Film Festival program note.

* "Mae Day" - Kevin and Scott's Vancouver Film School documentary short.

* Booklet.

2. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Oh Thank Goodness!

One of my absolute favs finally getting the treatment it deserves. Somehow I have kept myself from buying the cruddy, non-anamophic DVD that is available now.

Thanks for the info!

3. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

I'll buy that for a dollar!

4. reechie

With the weird blue haze on both sides of the picture. It'll be nice to see the film without that.

I don't see any mention of deleted scenes, I'm assuming then that they're all included in the long cut of the film. I guess that'll include the infamous alternate ending.

5. GregY

GregY New Member

Original soundtrack?

6. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member

It's been a while since I've given Kevin Smith any money. I'm probably due since I skipped seeing Jersey Girl. Looks like a definitive DVD release, I'll be looking forward to this one.

7. AKA

AKA Senior Member

Cool. I've been looking forward to this since it was announced over three years ago (I used to be a regular on Kevin Smith's message board).

8. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

"I'm not even supposed to BE HERE TODAY!" :D

Great news. Groundbreaking film. I loved the opening scene where he uses the cookie jar's "Head" to drink his coffee.

9. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

The best line, which I can't repeat here, occurs when Dante's girlfriend leaves the store(he tells her not to do something as she's crossing the parking lot)...

Now I'll finally buy Clerks on DVD.

Evan

10. AKA

AKA Senior Member

"In a row!?" :D

11. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member

"37?"
    :winkgrin:

12. vinyl anachronist

vinyl anachronist Senior Member

What, no "Happy Scrappy Hero Pup" included in the extras? What a gyp.

13. vinyl anachronist

Some more great lines that aren't too nasty to say here:

"What smells like shoe polish?"

"Buncha savages in this town."

...or any sentence with "Asian Design Major" in it.

14. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

What did you all think of the animated series? I thought that, despite the obvious network television limitations, it was pretty good(especially the anime sequence in episode 5).

Evan

15. AKA

AKA Senior Member

I liked it a lot and felt it definitely wasn't given a fair shake by ABC.

My favorite episode was the outbreak episode. The Al Franken/Mayor McCheese gag makes me laugh everytime. Not to mention Gilbert Gottfried as Patrick Swayze.

16. vinyl anachronist

Exactly how I felt. It was fair, but the Pokemon-style episode had me literally rolling on the floor.

17. stypee

stypee New Member

Clerks is by far one of my favorite films of all time, one of the reasons being that it was made during the same years I was attending film school. It was quite an inspiration. I do have one particular gripe, the film was never anamorphic. In fact, it's always been cropped, even on it's Laserdisc release (which I too proudly own) how and why they do this to 16mm film is beyond me.

I also have to agree somewhat the Kevin Smith has become a bit of a whore; while I do love his other films (even Mallrats) his annoying comic book shop plugs on his new DVD'S (and including Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back) are starting to piss me off. I appreciate him making a buck but I really couldn't find myself buying little toys from his movies.

18. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Yeah, but there's lots of Smith Geeks that will buy 'em. If he didn't scare them all away with Jersey Girl, that is.....

Evan

19. vinyl anachronist

I do have to admit that I own a Buddy Christ statuette. :shh:

20. reechie

And I have the Clerks inaction figures and a "Nails Cigarettes" Zippo lighter. Even been to his store in Red Bank, and the Quick Stop itself in Leonardo.

Why shouldn't he make a buck if we're willing to give it to him?

21. stypee

stypee New Member

That's sort of what I said. I don't mind him making the buck and I'd probably by something with the KEVIN SMITH brand on it (and it will not be an action figure) but it's the whole whoring thing that's a bit irratating. I really do idolize the guy, just not in the sense of weird marketing.

22. Beatle Terr

Beatle Terr Super Senior SH Forum Member Musician & Guitarist

Silent Bob and Jay live on forver!!! :goodie: :goodie: :goodie:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.