Kia Soul commercial using the music of Motorhead?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sloaches, Sep 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sloaches

sloaches Forum Resident Thread Starter

Please tell me I didn't see a Kia Soul commercial featuring "Ace Of Spades" by Motorhead.

Edit- I guess I did.

2. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

There's a longer version:

sloaches likes this.
  3. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Doesn't bother me. Hopefully Lemmy got some good coin out of it before he died. But that's not the original recording. Did Lemmy and the current lineup re-record a special version for commercial licensing? I wonder what other songs they did this with.

sloaches likes this.
  4. SquishySounds

SquishySounds Yo mama so fat Thanos had to snap twice.

Iggy Pop's heroin anthem Lust for Life was used for a cruise ship. I wouldn't be shocked if Cannibal Corpse songs were put in prescription drug commercials at this point

Jaap74, sloaches and GodShifter like this.
  5. Why not?
    Ace of Spades is a kick butt song all the way.
    With the Hamster running for its life and jumping to freedom what better song?

Now, if you want to try equating a Kia Soul with anything butt kicking THEN I'm with you as far as wondering.

sloaches likes this.
  6. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

Well, they were in Ace Ventura.

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  7. Spaghettiows

Spaghettiows Forum Resident

Cool, but I can't picture Lemmy driving a Kia.

8. AKA

AKA Senior Member

He was more of a white limo kind of guy.

9. Echo

Echo Forum Resident

Well, there are many more commercials at tv with great rock music. Here in Europe it's right now Black Sabbath's 'Paranoid' (for a new car model by Nissan) what you will watch every 5 minutes at the commercial block:

The good thing is a new generation will meet music they don't hear everyday (I never hear here Black Sabbath at the radio). I still doubt the fact Ozzy wil be a good driver and if being paranoid is a fine state of being while driving :)

10. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

Ok, I hadn't seen this commercial. But I've been using the free ad-sponsored version of Spotify for a few weeks now. Just now I went to listen to Motorhead's Under Cover for the first time, and guess what ad they showed me? Nice to know they're paying attention.

11. Nice Marmot

Nice Marmot Nothin’ feels right but doin’ wrong anymore

I think it's a pretty nice nod to Lemmy, who did dabble with more radio friendly music about mid-career. At least they are using a classic Motorhead tune and not one of those songs.

12. CirculationUnderflow

CirculationUnderflow Well-Known Member

Just dont think that is what Lemmy envisioned for the song, Im sure he could of sold out to commercials when he was alive so now its just blasphemous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.