KING CRIMSON The ConstruKction of Light DELUXE BOX - some details (Heaven and Earth deluxe) *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Adam Pajda, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

But think of how lonesome your other KC box sets will be if you don't get the family all together... *sad violin music plays* :cry:

;)

Are there that many complete shows in circulation? I can't imagine a roundup of ProjeKcts, TCOL, and TPTB along with live shows being that much larger than the mammoth Starless box. That thing was a beast.

Main question mark is how much visual material will be included. Personally, I can more or less do without that so long as I've got the full monty in terms of the existing audio recordings, but I may be alone in that.

Tim Bucknall and audiotom like this.
  2. MichaelCPE

MichaelCPE Forum Resident

Some of the ProjeKcts only played a few nights (P1 & P4), but P2 went on tour and played many shows.

What very much annoys me is that having already paid for most of the ProjeKcts shows, if they really do include them all the only way I can get all the other content in the box it pay for these shows again.

Tim Bucknall and quicksrt like this.
  3. audiotom

audiotom Senior Member

For the most part gonna pass

Unless the announced box adds something special

Didn't care for the last three albums and have the projects box

4. opiumden

opiumden Forum Resident

All ProjeKct shows that can be made available/recorded is available as of now.
    It will be impossible to release them all in CDs. They're gonna have to use at least 2 blu-rays to release them all. And then think about the 2000, 2001, 2003 tours, which should be also a part of this box.
    Another reason why I don't like this idea is there are a lot of ProjeKct studio materials that need to be included in this box too. Space Groove, Heaven And Earth and leftover/outtakes from that albums.
    As another person who paid for ALL of the ProjeKct shows, I second your opinion. And as a man who have listened to almost every one of them, there is no need to release all of them.
    A few from each would be enough. P1 could be released in its entirety. Other ones not so sure.

diderot and Runicen like this.
  5. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

I'm in.

I have not purchased all the Projekct downloads, so no issue for me.

Sordel, Shvartze Shabbos and privit1 like this.
  6. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

I really must hurry up getting these frigging boxes. Only have the Court & Larks one and the rest is still on my list...

Mr. H and uzn007 like this.
  7. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

These Frigging Boxes would be a great band name. Sort of like Them Crooked Vultures. :winkgrin:

agn, JediJoker and Pim like this.
  8. opiumden

opiumden Forum Resident

Trust me on this, I won't mind buying them all again since some of them will be available in hi-res for the first time. It just ain't worth the space.
    I fear other tours (especially 2003) and previously unreleased stuff won't be released because of this decision. They'll gonna have to compromise because the box will be too huge to be marketable at some point.
    Also, it's better for us if they release select shows from each ProjeKct. They are already hard to digest due to their improvisational nature.
    If you really want all of them, go get your 1000 club membership. For a mere $100 you could get them all and more.

Zongadude likes this.
  9. Adam Pajda

Adam Pajda Forum Resident Thread Starter

According to David Singleton the box will be called Heaven and Earth.

uzn007, Runicen, albertop and 2 others like this.
  10. Zach Johnson

Zach Johnson Forum Resident

Not the best choice, given that it was a Yes album and now a Kamasi Washington album.

agn likes this.
  11. Adam Pajda

Adam Pajda Forum Resident Thread Starter

Brian Polli (one of FB King Crimson group) wrote:

During the week I asked Pat about the ReConstrukction of Light. Specifically why he was doing it.

He basically said that he was never happy with the V-drums on the original. Some wanted to re-record the entire drum track using drums of his choosing. He said something along the lines of wanting to hit the drums a bit harder this time.

RF gave him the green light to work on it. Seems there were issues finding all of the original masters. I don't think they found all of them in the end.

Pat is working through the tracks in the little spare time he has, and was really beaming when talking about the project.

A couple of mixes have been done. One by Markus, one by another guy who's name escapes me RF to choose which one he likes. He mentioned that RF now may not be happy with the guitars. So clearly it's a work in progress.

Can't wait to hear it.

Eddy Baggins, agn, JediJoker and 4 others like this.
  12. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Don't you worry, the family is doing just fine! *David Cross violin solo plays*
    :D

Tim Bucknall and Runicen like this.
  13. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

Ah, but Fripp got there first...

[​IMG]

14. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

If it comes down to a choice between having all of the ProjeKct live material available or having all of the live material performed by KC lineups covered by this box with edited ProjeKct highlights, I'll opt for the latter every time. I enjoy the ProjeKcts for what they are (and have the existing box covering them), but feel they tend to be served by edited highlights in many cases.

Others may want to throw rotten fruit at me for saying so though. ;)

15. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

You'll get no rotten fruit from me.:)

16. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

I wonder if any of the Bill Rieflin recordings will make it in? ('Birth Of A Giant', 'The Repercussions Of Angelic Behaviour') I'm just hoping I can finally throw out the old 'Eyes Wide Open' DVD. The random-access BootlegTV stuff on disc two would be much better served by including the complete shows and the main feature on disc one is non-anamorphic. :disgust: They got rid of the DVD gimmick stuff from the 'dejaVROOOM' set on the 'THRAK BOX', so they might just (probably) follow suit here.

17. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

No rotten fruit from me either.

Runicen likes this.
  18. Zach Johnson

Zach Johnson Forum Resident

Yes I know...but why call something else that at this point?

19. tcj

tcj Senior Member

I wonder if Pat's going to concoct another fascinating album of bits and pieces from P3 like Masque? Seems like if they felt the need for a second album in the Thrakattak-style, Masque 2 would make a lot of sense.

I'm not sure I buy that they're going to include all of the ProjeKct live material. It's all been released on DGMLive so it seems kind of redundant, but a selection of the best shows would be great. I already have all of P1 and P3 shows, and I think most of the P4 shows. I certainly don't need a ton of P2 shows, personally - my least favorite of the ProjeKcts by far. I felt all three of the other Ps were much more musically interesting, but P2, for whatever reason, was pushed much harder with a studio album and a relatively big tour while the others just played a few dates and (as far as I know) no studio recordings. Video footage would be nice to get, however, even if I rarely watch that kind of thing. The ProjeKcts came about during a period of my KC fandom where I pretty much lived and breathed the band and I was always frustrated at not getting to see any of these groups play live.

Either way, I guess I better start saving some money for this... sounds like it's going to be an expensive set.

Runicen and 100423 like this.
  20. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

I'm still trying to figure out why the 'Starless And Bible Back' box set was just called 'Starless' but the 'Larks' Tongues' one kept its full name. :shrug:I'm not sure they're going for logic or consistency here.

Runicen and Zach Johnson like this.
  21. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

I have all the Projekct shows and the US and Japan Construction tour downloads already, so even though I want this box from a completion perspective to go with all my other boxes, I may actually opt to go for the single release on this one instead. Will have to take along, careful look at the box contents once they are revealed.

22. uzn007

uzn007 Watcher of the Skis

Looking forward to this.

Having the live Projekcts will be nice, but I hope they include a lot of live material from the full band as well. The early tours in this period featured (AFAIK) more improv than any Crim tour since 1974. At one point, a friend of mine even made a CD-R compilation of the improv section from a bunch of live audience recordings and labeled it "Projeckt X World Tour 2000".

Getting an official release of a lot of the live improv from this period would make a big difference to me in whether I actually pull the trigger for this box.

diderot and Beatnik_Daddyo'73 like this.
  23. GregK

GregK I'm speechless

Very exciting to have this finally confirmed! I've been waiting for this since this series started, even though I have most of the ProjeKcts downloads. There must be some studio material other than Space Groove, since some P4/ConstruKction of Light early versions and rehearsals have come out on the tour boxes recently. The 2000 shows are some of the very best live Crimson I've ever heard, easily rivaling the Starless/Lark's Tongues band, with the 2001 close behind (fewer improvs in '01 makes those shows just a little less interesting). Never get tired of any of this material so to have it all in a deluxe box with annotations and another excellent booklet makes it worth whatever the asking price will be. I just hope they keep the "reconstructing" to a minimum, or at least include original versions along with the revisited material.

Runicen and jacethecrowl like this.
  24. John Kelman

John Kelman Writer/Photographer, AAJ Senior Contributor

My take, without any confirmation from the Crimson camp, is that the term "2000 era" means, in addition to the ProjeKcts, the final incarnation of Crimson. So I suspect it'll be in this box...but, again, this is just my take on David Singleton's words, not any actual knowledge beyond that.

25. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

"Live long and ProjeKct"

[​IMG]

Runicen, JediJoker and 93curr like this.