KING CRIMSON The ConstruKction of Light DELUXE BOX - some details (Heaven and Earth deluxe) *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Adam Pajda, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Doctor Flang

Doctor Flang Forum Resident

My wallet is relieved.

kenbefound, calgary669, Rne and 3 others like this.
  2. Chemically altered

Chemically altered Forum Resident

What a crummy album for this treatment. The Power To Believe is really deserving of it.

3. citizensmurf

citizensmurf Ambient postpunk will never die

No doubt. Being a KC, Zappa, Dylan and Dead completist lately has meant minimum 4 big boxes per year.

Rne and Shvartze Shabbos like this.
  4. That’s right, I’m there too. Not to veer offtrack in this thread but with Dead PNW Box released and KC Box is delayed as noted until early next year, I wonder what’s in store for FZ and Dylan boxes? I thought we’d at least have an announcement on the next Bob Bootleg Series Box by now? On a side note, I did preorder the KC Meltdown Box for 30 bucks from Amazon.uk. It’s not my favorite lineup but it’s still Fripp and co and for 30 bucks, it’s almost mandatory as it includes high resolution Blu-ray audio. I’m excited that it’s been announced.

citizensmurf and Doctor Flang like this.
  5. Doctor Flang

Doctor Flang Forum Resident

Yeah, I'm already broke because i took a month off the work in July, and have already pre-ordered the Bowie 80's box set, Hendrix's Electric Ladyland box set and Jethro Tull's This Was box set. And of course, my kids told me they want the most expensive Lego box sets for Christmas.

Jimbino and citizensmurf like this.
  6. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

At least you got your priorities straight.

7. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

Pretty sure it will get its own box eventually, along with plenty of demos and extra material including the abortive 2004 Forms sessions with the Levin/Belew/Fripp/Mastelotto lineup and perhaps a few of the five-man 2008 shows that have never been released before

8. DPM

DPM Senior Member

I thought that it was already confirmed via the K.C. site that The Power To Believe will be included in this box. When did this change?

Say It Right likes this.
  9. albertop

albertop Forum Resident

Same here. I thought the box would include TPTB. And I don't think it changed.

GregK likes this.
  10. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

And the new iPhone XS :evil:

tcj and citizensmurf like this.
  11. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

"Forms" sessions?

tcj and Kim Olesen like this.
  12. tcj

tcj Senior Member

I'm wondering what this is too. Anyone else? Been a big KC fan for a long time and this is the first I've heard of it.

13. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

Yes, the Forms were born in rehearsal/writing sessions at Belew's basement studio in Nashville, held after Gunn left the band and Levin re-joined in September 2004, with keyboard string arrangements later added by The Vicar. "Form No. 1" appeared on the 21st Century Guide to King Crimson box and "Form No. 2" was on the 40th Anniversary Tour box. There's also "Ex Uno Patres" on the 2015 Elements tour box, which is from the same era of the band... jam sessions really, but in the 2017 Elements tour box the second Form is listed as being "Taken from the forthcoming album 37 Forms"

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  14. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

I am thinking that 37 forms album would make a good entry in the current “announced but never released” thread here on this forum.

15. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

Indeed! Mel Collins was also pencilled in for making a contribution to this proje(K)ct in a Fripp diary entry, but he does not appear on the tracks released thus far

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    Kim Olesen likes this.
  16. opiumden

opiumden Forum Resident

37 Forms are dead as of now. Not "cancelled" dead, but on the back burner, according to Singleton or Alex.
    I cannot recall who replied to it, but it was discussed at the DGM forum section some time ago.
    He mentioned artistic freedom, and said it could be out sometime but not in the foreseeable future.

Just think of USA II. It was coming, and then it was scrapped and partly released on the Audio Diary set that are exclusive to royal packagers this year.

albertop likes this.
  17. GregK

GregK I'm speechless

truly disappointing if so. I believe the latest they've gone without any kind of announcement was just after labor day last year, for the Sailor's Tales set, when they finally posted some news regarding that release. I'm not really looking forward to the Mexico set coming soon, yet another live document of the current incarnation. They are fantastic live, but I don't think I need another release of "more of the same". I've listened to Vienna maybe twice, and this Mexico release doesn't appear to be much different. I guess I've gotten used to these Crimson deluxe box sets at this time of the year!

Runicen and Shvartze Shabbos like this.
  18. Jimbino

Jimbino Goad Kicker, Music Lover

However, while we wait, Fripp and co have bestowed a full gig freebie from 2001 for a limited time:
    KC in NY 2001

19. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

Grabbing it now.

20. WalterDigsTunes

WalterDigsTunes Forum Resident

Well, this made my day! I don't think I have anything from '01; I believe my live 00s KC jumps from 2000 to 2003. Thanks for sharing.

21. Jimbino

Jimbino Goad Kicker, Music Lover

The KC EP Level Five is from 2001 and is my favorite release by the Double Duo. Worth checking out.

konoyaro and seasonsinthesky like this.
  22. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

There's a whole bunch of new releases from 1995 and 2000 shows out on CDs through WOWOW in Japan right now. Maybe they're hoping those can make some profit before the contents of the box set get finalized?

23. GregK

GregK I'm speechless

The statement by Sid Smith accompanying this on the news page is confusing. It states that this concert will be added to the tour bundle soon, but when I originally purchased the 2001 tour bundle a few years ago, this concert was already included. I wonder if this is just an old announcement that was meant to be issued years ago, prior to the availability of the tour bundle, and they are just getting around to it now? Odd.

24. seasonsinthesky

seasonsinthesky orphan coal, sleep, etc.

Happy to see love for Level Five. It was my 'proper' introduction to the band and remains a top favourite as well. Though they may have released superior versions of most of the songs since, it holds up as one of my top two versions of The ConstruKction of Light.

Jimbino and Shvartze Shabbos like this.
  25. uzn007

uzn007 Watcher of the Skis

It's my favorite release from the Double Duo.

seasonsinthesky likes this.