King Crimson - The reConstruKction Of Light coming soon?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by opiumden, Nov 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacethecrowl

jacethecrowl Forum Resident

The last couple "Stormy Mondays" have been exploring the 2000-2003 era. Really seems like something is in the works.

Runicen and Billy Infinity like this.
  2. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

Speaking of the DGM site... Am I the only one who finds it an impenetrable mess?

I've been moderately tempted to join the 1000 Club to fill in the blanks from the previous boxes and do further explorations, but I have this sinking feeling I'd end up mired in trying to navigate the site to find my downloads...

asdf35 and alankin1 like this.
  3. Cheevyjames

Cheevyjames Forum Resident

You're not alone, it's a horrible site design.

4. Jimbino

Jimbino Goad Kicker, Music Lover

I always find it best to search by Tour Dates and then narrow down by year.

Runicen likes this.
  5. Jimbino

Yes they did the same with the 80s set with a handful of remixes (quite good!) available as freebies. The era of freebies, in this case, seems to be gone.

6. Billy Infinity

Billy Infinity Beloved aunt

Trey just posted on Facebook that he was recently interviewed by Sid Smith on all things 1998-2003 Crim. This is a good sign.

7. jacethecrowl

I could go for a 1997-2008 box, ProjeKcts and all. Don't see any other way to split it all up, and seems to be the span Alex Mundy has been working with lately.

Runicen likes this.
  8. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

How did I miss this thread last year?

9. Zach Johnson

Zach Johnson Forum Resident

I'd rather have separate boxes for ConstruKction of Light and Power to Believe. When too many albums are included in a single box, some live stuff inevitably gets left out (see 80s box). I prefer one studio album and a crap ton of live stuff in a single box, like the Larks, Starless, and Road to Red sets.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  10. opiumden

opiumden Forum Resident Thread Starter

As I have every ProjeKct show and 2000-2003 shows which are currently available to download from DGMlive, I'd rather see more studio materials (ProjeKct X outtakes, 2004 sessions and so on) from that era than live stuff.
    Releasing 2003 or 2008 shows (that are not currently available) would be welcome.

Jimbino and Chrome_Head like this.
  11. jacethecrowl

I don't think there's enough for a TPTB set, but would make the most sense to include in a ProjeKct/TCOL box. I don't need a lot of entire KC shows from this period, which I think could be well served with a heavily curated presentation a la Heavy ConstruKction, plus a couple discs of improvs of course. Same with the 2001 and 2003 shows -- how different are they really? A definitive reading (or two) of every song performed would suffice.

12. Billy Infinity

Billy Infinity Beloved aunt

If they are in fact releasing a stereo remix of The ConstruKction of Light which it seems they've been working on, that would be the main draw for me. There is some strong material on the original CD, but as a whole it generally sounds too cold, clinical, and claustrophobic. These are words with a C this time.

13. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

I C what you did there. :)

I've got quite a bit of '97-'03. and saw several shows. So for me the main draw is hearing the two studio albums in 5.1, as well as a TCOL stereo remix. Space Groove and/or ProjeKct X in 5.1 would be welcome.

I'm sure they'll whip up a winner one way or the other.

Runicen likes this.
  14. Zach Johnson

See that's where you and I differ...I DO need a lot of entire shows from this period. :D

Runicen likes this.
  15. M2225

M2225 Nebulus 7 intergalaxy eclipse

Just finished listening to TCOL for the first time, fully understand some have opinions about the production.
    Anyways Heavy KonstruKction & The Power to Believe are long time faves of mine so I absolutely enjoyed TCOL as an album.
    Would be interesting to hear it with re-recorded drums & remix if that's the case?

16. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

i hope we get power to believe and construction of light in the two disc 40th set up (cd/5.1) like the others were

Instant Dharma likes this.
  17. Zach Johnson

I hope we get them (and Thrak) on vinyl at some point in the next 20 years...

18. I don't like this album or line up either. Unlike The Power To Believe, this one still had a few decent songs. I like some of the title track, all of "Into The Frying Pan" and the Project X bonus track "Heaven and Earth".

19. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

i have pretty much given up on vinyl. i don't find that they are what they were. and for all the buzz about 160, 180 and 200 gram platters etc it still doesn't have the sonic clarity of my dvd a and sacd stuff ... having said that, i wish that on all formats they would stop trying to break the sound barrier and just get the best clean, dynamic sound, rather than the loudest, flattest sound.
    i still spin my vinyl for nostalgia, it's a nice feeling carefully sliding the disc out, getting the duster on it, dropping the needle ... nice stuff

20. opiumden

opiumden Forum Resident Thread Starter

I think they have no intention or see no point of releasing digital recordings on vinyl, and to a point so do I.
    There's no need to release them on vinyl.

21. Zach Johnson

There's a need to complete my King Crimson collection on vinyl though... ;)

opiumden likes this.
  22. jacethecrowl

Clearly coming soon.

Calling all Crimheads

After skipping some of the boxes I'm totally on board with this one.

Runicen likes this.
  23. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

24. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

Fingers crossed that this set encompasses The ConstruKction of Light, The Power to Believe, AND the ProjeKcts as well. That'd be a rather nice bundle of music to take in.

jacethecrowl likes this.
  25. Jimbino

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.