King Crimson to tour US in 2017

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by gillcup, Jan 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbino

Jimbino Goad Kicker, Music Lover

For their fall jaunt in the US, Fripp posted that Austin and Atlanta are likely, but not yet confirmed.

2. tedhead

tedhead Forum Resident

YES!!!!

:goodie:

About a month ago I told a friend I had a sneaking suspicion that Austin might be on the table...please Mr. Fripp, make it so!

3. Catcher10

Catcher10 I like records, and Prog...duh

Second show in Seattle just announced, Monday June 12th. Which is actually the day before the original date, so I now will see the 2nd show in Seattle.....I am good with that, means any bugs from the opening show should be worked out.

For all you PNW fans that missed the first show, presale starts in 1 hour.

Tyler Chastain likes this.
  4. William Smart

William Smart 21st Century Schizoid Man

I was hoping for a CT. Show, but the closest is NJ. I hate that drive. I may miss this and that's tragic.

5. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

The F&F Seattle show was moved from Monday to Sunday 6/11. So now I'm on schedule for the Sunday 6/11 and Tuesday 6/13 shows. The OCD part of my brain wants to scoop up a ticket for Monday too, but I may let that pass if there is a chance for Fall Texas Crimson.

6. whiskeyvengeance

whiskeyvengeance Forum Resident

And I already bought a non-refundable flight to Denver and booked a hotel... Oh well. If I'm lucky I can catch both.

7. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

Attn: @dlokazip

dlokazip likes this.
  8. jacethecrowl

jacethecrowl Forum Resident

Tour dates in the works for summer and November 2018, making this the most stable, longest-running KC lineup. The beast is clearly having a blast.

Tyler Chastain and Jimbino like this.
  9. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

Yeah, and who woulda thought it? After decades of uncompromising shows with no more than two "oldies" per show (I got very used to that and preferred it), now they're practically a King Crimson Jukebox. :laugh: Thankfully, but not surprisingly, these are high-quality shows.

I'm sure Fripp knew this would make for a successful tour, one that would fund The Next Thing.

I'm also sure he has some unwieldy philosophical rationale that says otherwise.

Max Florian likes this.
  10. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

...now if only this stable lineup would produce a new studio album or two.

Zach Johnson and lucan_g like this.
  11. chewy

chewy Forum Resident

Hi, whats F&F? (.....i wish it was fhil + friends, but i doubt it ;) )

you know the moody blues are doing the DAYS 50th tour sat-sun, then crimson mon-tue. thats how the week goes: Moody Blues all weekend, King Crimson monday and tuesday

12. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

Friends & Family

13. jacethecrowl

jacethecrowl Forum Resident

I think this band is capable of a "Larks' Tongues in Aspic Part 5" at minimum. Would be a nice throughline to their career, and my suspicion is that "Part 4" is not sufficiently appreciated.

14. Catcher10

Catcher10 I like records, and Prog...duh

Added a 3rd night to Seattle...WTF!!?? They must like salmon and rain........

15. Alternative4

Alternative4 One of These Days I'll Get an Early Night

I really hope that 2018 includes this part of the world.

16. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

Goldstar offering tickets in LA from $25! I've never seen the band, is anyone else here going? Interested in going?

17. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

KING CRIMSON ~ "Frame By Frame" The Essential KC

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  18. Maranatha5585

The above item sits a top.. at the apex of my king Crimson collection.
    Fripp held a contest in "Goldmine Magazine" in the early 1990's,
    just prior to the release. He had 10 questions that he chose, and the winner
    would receive the only signed box set in the world... by every member of
    Crimson up to that time. There were nearly 1000 entries, and mine was the
    first correct one that was chosen out of four correct sent in.
    I felt confident when I snail-mailed in my answers to Goldmine.
    Then the waiting began.

A long time passed, then one afternoon my phone rang at my then Pgh, PA.
    home... I picked it up and a British voice was on the other end asking for Bruce.
    I said this is he, and he introduced himself as Gerrard from Caroline U.K.
    I thought back over what seemed a month at least.. when he said excitedly
    you are the winner of the King Crimson boxed set!! I went wild, we had a nice
    short talk, as he informed me that Robert wanted me to know that he wanted this
    to be a very special gift, Fripp wanted me to understand the time involved in such
    a task and that he sent his congratulations. A few months later Gerrard called me to let
    me know the signatures were slowly getting done. How difficult it was getting everyone
    to sign the box from all parts of the world, while many were working, touring, and
    more than anything getting it securely sent all over from one to another previous and
    current members. I said fantastic and thanked him again.

It was about six months later that it arrived! I was so pumped for this moment.
    It was an extremely well packed box, insured and needing my signature... I ran up
    stairs and began the unveiling. I was utterly amazed at what I held in my hand.

Sometime mid 90's I drove up to NYC to see family and Fripp play at the World Trade
    Atrium. He was with Trey and the California Guitar Trio for two nights of free concerts in the
    huge area... After the show they were all available to meet and sign at the small store in
    the middle of the huge bottom floor atrium, they were selling an assortment of KC/Solo music.
    The guy in front of me actually had about 15 or more LP's... to my amazement Fripp
    signed every one of them.. I was next, just had the paper program given away. I then
    informed him that I was the winner of his contest maybe five years earlier. He wrote out
    to Bruce the winner, and was excited I had drove that far to see the show.
    So bitter sweet looking back, when you think of the horror that would occur there just
    five or six years later.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    Sandinista, Max Florian, ARK and 15 others like this.
  19. SKean

SKean Forum Resident

So you did receive the signed box?

20. Jimbino

I hope you snatched up some tix!

Maranatha5585 likes this.
  21. simon-wagstaff

simon-wagstaff Forum Resident

For that price I would consider a flight out. I have a nice ticket for Count Basie though.

22. opiumden

opiumden Forum Resident

I have one main center tickets for each seattle show (june 12th and 13th), but unfortunately it seems like I won't be able to make it.
    Let me know if you're interested in them.
    If these kind of posts are not allowed in this thread please let me know - I'll make a new thread or just delete my post.

23. Jimbino

ARK, albertop and KDubATX like this.
  24. Maranatha5585

I just ordered mine... Ready forward to those LTIA versions, et al

25. Maranatha5585

Whew !? ... some typo there - I am really looking forward to the "LTIA" Part I - Lev 5 versions through the years, was what I was trying to convey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.