Kinks Deluxe Editions 2011-2014 (Part Five)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mark, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff Thread Starter

2. malco49

malco49 Forum Resident

funnily enough i was playing my somewhat recently purchased remastered single disc copy of LVPATMP1,the one with with demo tracks of apeman and powerman and another version of lola,when it got stuck in the cd player door! i had to pull it out and it got ruined :( i had to sacrifice for the sake of the rather pricy CD player.glad i pre-ordered the new super deluxe!

3. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

I try to never buy multi disc cd changers because I had a disc get stuck while it was rotating to change a disc

Mr. H likes this.
  4. DayRavies

DayRavies Forum Resident

My fear is that this will one day happen to me with something I have that has gone out of print of a disc from a pricey box set.

melstapler likes this.
  5. malco49

malco49 Forum Resident

this is a single disc player and a fairly nice one.....i just hadn't properly aligned the CD

6. malco49

malco49 Forum Resident

i kinda thought the same thing as i had my 3CD box of TKATVGPS ready to listen to next......

7. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

I usually burn anything I have onto cdr for listening so I can put the cd back in the case and not touch it. This way when it begins to rot, the shrug I give will contain no guilt.

Criminy pete and Mr. H like this.
  8. JL6161

JL6161 Forum Resident

Oh my god, I have been waiting for Lola Deluxe forever, and here I completely miss the announcement. Pre-ordered as hard as possible.

9. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

Well you ARE excited about this release, aren't you? :p

10. cc--

cc-- Forum Resident

well, I'm not the world's most masculine man...

11. DayRavies

DayRavies Forum Resident

Cover-art posted on AmazonUK. It just looks like the standard Lola vs Powerman cover. There's no "Legacy Edition" banner or seal or anything (Legacy Edition being Sony BMG's equivalent to Universal's Deluxe Edition).

However, they have added, rather unceremoniously, the words "and Percy" in the bottom right corner of the cover in the same font as the proper title. Kind of annoying that it disrupts the original coverart (much like how I was slightly annoyed that the Face to Face Deluxe Edition zooms in on the front cover and alters its composition significantly).

dougb222 likes this.
  12. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

The price must have went down again the other day. My order indicates £10.48 + £3.08 = £13.56 ($23.21).
    It is now up again to £14.99

13. ralphk

ralphk Ain’t gonna work on Maggie’s farm no more

I originally ordered at a higher price, cancelled the order when it looked like I wouldn't get the lower price, and then reordered for £10.48.

14. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

You can always cancel at the last minute if the price hasn't gone down low enough. amazon doesn't charge until it is shipped, so you really can't lose out - provided you remember to cancel if the price hasn't dropped!

15. KinksFan1992

KinksFan1992 Forum Resident

Just been listening to the London Victoria Theatre Soap Opera show from 14th June 1975 on the Concert Vault.

Great quality - it'd be excellent for a second disc on a Soap Opera deluxe if that ever happens.

pablo fanques and Matt Ellers like this.
  16. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

Someone on YouTube put up a video of a Soap Opera concert (not Starmaker). Anyone know where this is from (not in YouTube description)?

I got through "Rush Hour Blues"......need to finish the rest.

wavethatflag and Strummergas like this.
  17. TeddyB

TeddyB Senior Member

Capitol Theatre in Hoboken?

18. TeddyB

TeddyB Senior Member

They used some of this for bonus tracks on the last Soap Opera release.

KinksFan1992 likes this.
  19. levi

levi Can't Stand Up For Falling Down In Memoriam

:laugh: Nice.

Jeff

20. Matthew Tate

the kinks are probably the hardest band to collect every version of every song released. i swear there are 4-5 variations of every song the did in the 60's between stereo, mono, bbc, demo's, etc.

21. DayRavies

DayRavies Forum Resident

But it can be done :)

pablo fanques and davidwatts2 like this.
  22. Matthew Tate

they are one of the few bands i know, along with the who where there are a lot of differences in the mon/stereo releases. different guitar parts, vocals, etc. i'm still trying to figure out where they got the version of "catch me now i'm falling" that appears on the picture book boxset

23. KinksFan1992

KinksFan1992 Forum Resident

I risk going slightly off-topic here, but is the Catch Me Now I'm Falling on the box set really different from the Low Budget version?

24. Matthew Tate

i have to check track length but it is either mastered really poorly, just that 1 song on the entire box set or its a rough unmixed take or acetate or something.

25. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

I think The Who are far worse!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.