Kinks Vinyl Reissues Discussion

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by marigoldilemma, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Tartifless

Tartifless Forum Resident

Does anyone know whether the lps will be released invidually ?

2. 0476pearljam

0476pearljam Forum Resident

Yes, it also begins to work on my nerves..;I had bought the first four when they were available before there even was talk about a box set and I bought face to face that got a special release edition in colored vinyl that shared the same mastering as in the box. So I am waiting as I am only interested in something else and village green. One thing is absolutely sure : if I pull the trigger on a german PRT reissues of those two, the kinks lp from the box will be immediately released as single lps; If I don't buy the PRT german reissues, the lps from the box will never see the light of day as single releases...

Paully and Leviethan like this.
  3. Tartifless

Agreed, on another topic i am also waiting for the rolling stones mono individual releases...

My most expected release is still a reissue of Lola !

mooseman likes this.
  4. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

Something Else wasn't reissued in mono in Germany in the 80s. Unfortunately, it's only been issued in mono twice, in 1967 and 2016 only in the box set. I keep hoping they'll release that one individually. The 1980s German mono Village Green is the best version I've heard. It's worth it, you won't be disappointed. It's also on CD quiet vinyl, which the new version may or may not be, especially if it's pressed at United. The original UK probably beats it, but good luck finding a pristine copy under $500.

5. 0476pearljam

I also wait for the single mono stones reissues...and also the single Tom Petty reissues from the box set two from last year...they are available for cheap in the states if I believe discogs but I can't see them in physical stores over here...and I don't want to pay 20 dollars to have a 15 dollars record be sent from the states...

FJFP likes this.
  6. 0476pearljam

Thanks for that. I had in my head to buy PRT stereo something else and village green PRT mono but this last one begins to be pricey on discogs if you include the sending costs. I am a little bit surprised that I can't put my hands on a copy here in Belgium as german records are plenty in the bins but this one always eludes me...

7. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

Yeah, that is weird. You might hit up @Neonbeam in Germany. I remember him saying he often saw the PRTs in shops there. The PRT stereo Something Else is great too. I have the UK version.

Neonbeam and 0476pearljam like this.
  8. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Three times, actually. There's also the 2014 Sanctuary reissue.

9. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

I meant all-analog issues. I don't count the sourced from CD reissues like the Earmarks and whatever else. The Sanctuary was probably hi rez, but who knows?

10. All the box sets are the same. One pressing.

KinkySmallFace1991, e.s. and budwhite like this.
  11. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

They're definitely better than the Earmarks, which were rubbish. Hi-rez digital or not, the Sanctuary reissues sounded pretty good, and for someone looking for mono Kinks outside the box set, they're an affordable option.

12. Nightswimmer

Nightswimmer Forum Resident

It is actually not that hard to explain. When I started collecting records 10 years ago these early 80s PRT/Pye reissues were plentiful and could be had for 5 Euros. Now they are pretty expensive. But even then Village Green was elusive unlike Arthur. I have seen the record only once. Actually, I have never seen it very often, unlike Arthur.

0476pearljam likes this.
  13. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast

Is the green PRT Village Green STEREO elusive at all? I have a copy I got a while ago for about £15..

14. popscene

popscene Senior Member

So...I bought my Kinks mono box at Christmastime last year and admittedly am pretty deep in a record backlog. I realized tonight that I never listened to the "black" compilation disc, and was in the mood for some Kinks. I was grooving right along until the needle hit the groove on Side 3. Lo and behold, the sound coming through my speakers was not "Dead End Street," but Alison Krauss's Windy City album (out several months after the Kinks' set)! Side 4, incidentally, is fine.

Anyone else have a mispressed copy?

Now off to contact Sanctuary...

15. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Yes I would like a US Reprise collection on vinyl. I have a few originals but they are a bit well worn.

16. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

I am back on page 80 of this thread but I doubt this question as to why digital on the first 4 in the UK will be answered. Of new Kinks 60s vinyl reissues I now have the 4 UK digital ones and thanks to SHF the first 4 analogue US versions along with the mono box from Europe (which I assume is the same as the USA mono box but I don't know). Ridiculous I know but I do like these albums and have a big soft spot for The Kinks.

chacha likes this.
  17. SJR

SJR Big Boss Man

Are the EU 180g red vinyl mastered by Kevin Gray all-analog? And are they the same pressings as the ones in the mono box set? Kinda Kinks, The Kink Kontroversy and Face To Face are all in my local record shop. I've been through this thread again and again and just want clarification they are worth it before picking them up.

Thanks!

18. Billy Hunt

Billy Hunt Forum Resident

See post #2084 for a summary of the recent re-issues. The red vinyl KG versions are number 4, which I guess you've identified in store from the hype stickers. If you want to double check have a look at the back of sleeve photos in the Amazon listings linked in post #2096 where you'll be able compare the Sony Legacy labelling and the barcodes with those you've seen.

19. 0476pearljam

As I said in post 3726, the red edition of face to face made in EU has the KG mastering...For the other red editions, I don't know as I only have the regular Us ones that also were KG mastered.

SJR likes this.
  20. SJR

SJR Big Boss Man

Awesome - they're the ones! Thanks!

21. johnnybrum

johnnybrum Forum Resident

Frank Field likes this.
  22. Cassius

Cassius On The Beach

23. Tartifless

Well at 2 : 30 (6 minutes after the post) it was 150 again.

24. Do I have to? :)

25. No you don't. But then your opinions on sound quality won't matter to anyone around here.......