Kinks Vinyl Reissues Discussion

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by marigoldilemma, Dec 3, 2014.

1. EdogawaRampo

EdogawaRampo Senior Member

"Lola..." was treated to excellent mastering on the original UK Pye stereo press...I hope it gets treated with the mastering respect it deserves on reissue, which I would buy despite having a couple of originals.

John Bliss and googlymoogly like this.
  2. Jeremy B.

Jeremy B. Forum Resident

They both are.

3. Tartifless

Tartifless Forum Resident

That is right : thee box is mastered by KG, whatever the country.
    I guess the poster confuses with the individual releases released before the box sets where only the coloured EU were KG.

4. sgtmono

sgtmono Seasoned Member

Can you clarify what you mean by coloured EU? I was under the impression that all the 2015 releases pressed in the USA by BMG/Sanctuary with black hype stickers were Kevin Gray mastered, AAA.

5. Moray

Moray Forum Resident

I didn't get any of the individual releases, and someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but from reading on here I understood that they were; i.e. the 2015 USA ones were all KG AAA cuts. However, at the same time there were EU issues that were not KG nor AAA, then a little later some EU coloured vinyl versions that were KG AAA arrived. I've forgotten which albums were done in each of the various pressing as it all became irrelevant (to me) when the box arrived and you could get the lot in one go!

Flaming Torch, scotth and sgtmono like this.
  6. Engineer X

Engineer X Forum Resident

Good to know

7. Tartifless

You are right : us = KG and AAA, EU black = not KG, EU colored = KG and aaa

Flaming Torch likes this.
  8. Tartifless

You are right about the US, i was specifically writing about the EU where only the color ones are KG

sgtmono likes this.
  9. JP Christian

JP Christian Forum Resident

Apart from the 'skip' near the beginning of the the first track - I've 'trained' my cart to play it without skipping but a lot of carts can't!

marblesmike likes this.
  10. Tartifless

At least the following red lps in EU were done :
    - The Kinks
    - Kinda Kinks
    - Kontroversy

I bought all 3 in red EU and they have KG in the deadwax.

Now i am in search of a proper Village Green, there is no point for me to buy the box as i am only missing Village Green.

11. CaseyJames

CaseyJames Relaxed Fit Jeans Vibe

Track down the early 80s PYE reissue. I was fortunate enough to grab a copy recently and was not disappointed!

12. Tartifless

I'll try, i know spanish or German can also be purchased with confidence if UK is too expensive...

13. CaseyJames

CaseyJames Relaxed Fit Jeans Vibe

Yeah, the German Pye/PRT is the way I went. Being in France should make it a bit easier for you to track down. Stateside, shipping was rough but in the end, totally worth it.

baconbadge and Tartifless like this.
  14. Tartifless

I'll do

15. 0476pearljam

0476pearljam Forum Resident

There was also face to face on colored vinyl in the EU...So, as I bought all first four AAA before the box came out, I didn't buy the box and I have no hope now that the remaining ones will be issued individually...

16. WhoDaresWins

WhoDaresWins Forum Resident

FYI- the Spanish PRT and UK PYE/PRT early 80's VGPS are stereo. The early German PRT VGPS is Mono

CaseyJames likes this.
  17. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Does anyone here have an in to Sandoval to find out if there is any progress on Lola? Seems odd that there’s been no mention of it.

John Bliss likes this.
  18. Tartifless

People tend to prefer stereo for Village Green, am i right or confused with ARTHUR ?

19. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

I think Arthur is the one that most prefer the stereo of.
    As for Village Green, I think there is a preference for the mono, bit not as pronounced. I used to prefer the mono too but I think I have a slight preference for the stereo these days.

chacha likes this.
  20. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Forum Resident

Dang, looks like it is gone at Vinyl Me Please.

21. Tartifless

Do we have a date for individual issues ?

22. Tartifless

Oh my ! I knew i had a disc still unsealed at my cousins ! I picked it up and drove by him and left the amazon package at his place and that's it ! I need to grab it asap

23. WhoDaresWins

WhoDaresWins Forum Resident

Perhaps, there is plans for reissues of Kinks in stereo along with Lola
    Stereo- Arthur
    I prefer mono VGPS, some do prefer the stereo version. I would suggest to get both for Village Green

24. No announcement for individual all catalogue analogue series that match the mono box.

chacha likes this.
  25. Moray

Moray Forum Resident

Selling the four LPs you have would get you about two-thirds of the way to the box set; it's only €117 on Amazon Italy just now. I'd imagine there's no way they put any more out individually whilst the box set is still so readily available.