Kiss 2014 Vinyl Reissues (Pt4)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Jul 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MilesSmiles

MilesSmiles Oenologist Thread Starter

2. wkcchampion

wkcchampion Well-Known Member

Oh yes, Alive 3 is full of mistakes. Even wrong names/bands in the family tree...

3. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

Never interested in that álbum.

4. Supekudx

Supekudx Well-Known Member

Well after listening to Alive The Millenium Concert my opinion is very bad about this LP. The sound quality is horrible. Only for die hard fans.

5. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

I'd say Alive III is worth it for Watchin' You alone....

6. Supekudx

Supekudx Well-Known Member

My first impression about RARO is very positive and I made comparison against the Japanese version from 70's, which I am not sure If is defective, because the sound is louder and grity.

7. wkcchampion

wkcchampion Well-Known Member

I told you :)

Clanceman and Supekudx like this.
  8. batman144144

batman144144 Nocturnal crime fighter/audio enthusiast.

Well, not necessarily. I only have one German pressing, but it's definitely one of my best copies in terms of audio quality and (non-existent) surface noise. I know some prefer US pressings. I have a pretty good cross section from all three pressing plants and definitely do not feel that US pressings are inherently better. Yes, I realize that some who would disagree with me also have a good cross section. Maybe I'm the one that's been lucky non-US pressings; it's possible. Maybe they have been unlucky with them, also possible. Nonetheless, in my opinion, the quality of product from the US, UK, and German pressing plants is pretty much the same.

(If anything, I would give the edge to my German pressing, but I only have one copy from that plant, so who knows? Maybe most of their product is garbage. I doubt it, but one copy does not a judgement make.)

With all of that being said, for those still interested in the box set, personally, I would not let German pressings dissuade me. Far from it.

raye_penber likes this.
  9. batman144144

I agree. I enjoy that CD. I don't plan on picking up the vinyl, but I do like that album.

Curveboy likes this.
  10. batman144144

Happy 4th of July to all my US compatriots -- and everyone else for that matter!

Tree of Life, Clanceman and Curveboy like this.
  11. Mij Retrac

Mij Retrac Forum Resident

I have found that the sound quality on my 4 EU pressings are good but they seem to be cut at a lower level than the US pressings (definitely the case with Love Gun since I have the US and EU pressings to compare). Because of this surface noise becomes a little more obvious in my experience. My EU copy of Love Gun also had more crackles and pops even after a couple of cleanings in comparison to the US pressing. Maybe I got unlucky with the crackles and pops but that doesn't explain the lower level of the pressings.

Just my two cents on the situation. Now I don't have a German pressing but I wouldn't be surprised if the are good.

12. batman144144

Yeah, I remember when you posted about that. That little tidbit is interesting. The lower recording level has not been an issue for me; I have not even noticed it. Now, the idea that one plant may very well be producing a better-sounding record than the others very much interests me. I've been paying very close attention to what everyone has had to say on this topic, and not just on this forum. My US copy of Love Gun was awful. Not only was it the noisiest copy out of this entire series for me, but it was scratched on every song on side 2. It's the only copy out of all that I have ordered that has needed to be returned. My German copy is stellar. I think I posted before that I've actually had more issues with US pressings than the others. This could very well be just my luck of the draw. In fact, I suspect this may very well be the case, at least to some degree. I don't think any of us are privy to enough information on the subject to really make a definitive statement, myself included. Keeping all of this in mind, nonetheless, my overall impression is that all three plants' pressings are more or less equal.

Coincidentally, I just ordered a German copy of Paul's solo. We'll see if it's as good as my German Love Gun...

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  13. fuhrsy31

fuhrsy31 Forum Resident

I guess I'm a die hard! :tiphat:

Supekudx likes this.
  14. Mij Retrac

Mij Retrac Forum Resident

I'm a die hard and I just can't listen to it unfortunately. There are too many other live versions of most of these songs that are done better for me to even want to listen.

15. batman144144

When I get the German copy of Paul's solo, I'll let you know whether it has the printed inner sleeve like the original issues. Of course, this still is not an EU pressing. You yourself may have to be the one that clears this up for us.

wkcchampion likes this.
  16. batman144144

Just in case someone may have missed this info at the end of the last thread, I'd like to re-post it:

Okay guys, check this out: A member on the kissfaq boards contacted a customer service rep for with the Kissteria box set and asked:

Could you please tell me if all worldwide orders (I live in the UK) of the KISSteria boxsets are to include USA pressings of the vinyl.
    I am waiting to place my order but this info is very important for me before proceeding.
    Many thanks

And the response:

Hi XXXXX

Thank you for your patience.

All the Vinyl will be manufactured in Germany, with the exception of the exclusive vinyl's x 6 which will be pressed in the USA.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards
    Cathie
    Digital Stores Customer Services

Now, how strange is that??!!

tonyzz likes this.
  17. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

Of the ones I have they are excellent. I plan to pick up more over time. I just looked at my Amazon account and my pre-order for Alive: The Millennium Concert is no longer showing. :(

18. tonyzz

tonyzz Well-Known Member

Hi guys ,anyone knows how spycho circus sound?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2014
  19. batman144144

I just listened to my recording of Spycho Circus at work the other day. It sounds great. For some reason, I remembered it having more pops and ticks, but it was pretty darn quiet. Yes, I very much recommend it to you. If you haven't heard Within from the reissue, you haven't heard Within.

24voltsdc, Clanceman and tonyzz like this.
  20. tonyzz

tonyzz Well-Known Member

Thanks,i Will buy it, I also love the cover.

21. batman144144

Oh, yes, the Spycho Circus lenticular cover is outstanding. You'll love it.

Keep in mind....I believe it's the German version that is plain and does not have the lenticular cover. To be safe, get a US copy. That one for sure has the 3D cover you want.

tonyzz likes this.
  22. Nick Scott

Nick Scott Forum Resident

The EU version has the lenticular (3D) cover.

tonyzz likes this.
  23. dustdevil

dustdevil Forum Resident

True.
    There are 3 different Pressings of KISS Re-Issues so far.
    1. US Quality Pressing Records (QRP)
    2. EU Pressings made by gz Vinyl, all have Original SS-Logo
    3. German Only Pressing made by Optimal Media, all have modificated German ZZ-Logo, and (No Lenticular on Psycho Circus and no Inners on Solo Albums so far)

and maybe 4 th Option
    4. German manufactured Records for KISSteria Boxset, maybe PALLAS, but most surely Optimal Media, but
    it should get the international Layouts on Cover and Labels with SS-Logo, so we will get
    two different Pressings frpom Optimal

We'll see.....

rock76 and tonyzz like this.
  24. 1973_2fk4

1973_2fk4 Active Member

Yes, I am sure that the Box Set has the original SS - they are produced in germany but for the international market and not for germany, so I am 99.9999% sure they will look as they should look like.
    The "solo LP" discussion:
    I have the german ACE solo LP - sounds fantastic. The sleeve is plain white. But it has the (big - part x of 4 poster) in it. I don't know about a special insert, perhaps someone could please post a photo?

Have a nice day
    1973_2fk4

tonyzz likes this.
  25. tonyzz

tonyzz Well-Known Member

Thank you guys for all the information on psycho circus,I have a crosley record player that makes vinyl sound weak,do you recommend me a better one,I want to hear these excellent reissues the best sound possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.