Kiss 2014 Vinyl Reissues (Pt4)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Jul 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mij Retrac

Mij Retrac Forum Resident

Can't find one in good condition especially with the poster.

2. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Boomerang has outstanding playing from Bruce and Eric Carr...I think it's a great song.

fuhrsy31, 4stringking73 and bartels76 like this.
  3. wkcchampion

wkcchampion Well-Known Member

I agree. This is why I'm dubbing to a new Sony Metal XR 60 as I type, no Dolby.

Guys!!! Please forgive. I humbly demand pardon!!!
    I noticed that my azimuth was slightly off. the Alive 2 rip has to be remade, the right channel was muffled. I'll do it again ASAP.
    Again sorry, I've recently changed the stylus to the 440 and then swapped cartridge again back and forth a few times. I have to be more precise and less in a rush when swapping.

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  4. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I've never read anything about the song selection, but I like that they avoided some obvious acoustic songs like "Shandi," "Forever" and "Hard Luck Woman." I think the inclusion of "Every Time I Look At You" was redundant, but I think it's one of Paul's best ballads, and I can see him perhaps wanting it to reach more ears than it did in 1992. But I like that generally they stuck to overlooked songs or tunes that sounded quite different acoustically. They really had the benefit of honing the Unplugged show over the Convention gigs all year, which is a luxury few others had before doing their Unplugged tapings, and it really showed. Vocally, it's probably their best effort as well, as Paul & Gene could really focus on harmonies without worrying about putting on a Kiss show. (Sorry, I really love this album :righton:)

5. dustdevil

dustdevil Forum Resident

Today I gave my Japanese The Elder LP two spins.
    I love that Album, maybe you know the 1982 Japanese LP does have
    the correct Trackorder.
    What suprised me was just the Beginning of that Album 'Fanfare'.
    At the End of Fanfare there is an additional "Monk chorale" that is NOT
    on any other LP of the Elder.
    Fanfare runs ca. 82 seconds on the Japanese LP
    I do not own any CD, so maybe the remastered CDs with the correct Trackorder
    or, more important, the new 2014 EU Press LP has it?
    Timings on the internet are not clear
    Does anybody know?

6. I have the 2014 LP reissue. It also has the "monk chorale" you are mentioning and running time for "Fanfare" is listed as 1:22. What has never been mentioned is the "Finale" track that closes the album, right after "I". The running time for "I" is listed as 5:03, but that song actually clocks at 3:54 (plus 1:09 for the "Finale").

Mij Retrac likes this.
  7. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

The monk chants were on the original Japanese CD; then were added to the 1997 Remaster.

Mij Retrac likes this.
  8. dustdevil

dustdevil Forum Resident

Thanks to both of you for the info. :righton:

9. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

Hmm, Hard Luck Woman was played at the Unplugged show, they just left it out of the broadcast and álbum.

10. RelayerNJ

RelayerNJ Forum Resident

Unplugged is the only one I picked up. I agree that although I love the music, it is very digital, a bit too bright and harsh, and very loud (esp for an acoustic set). It doesn't have the ambiance and intimacy of something like Nirvana's Unplugged lp. I expected this when I purchased it, but loved the record and had no real means for an alternative.

Mij Retrac likes this.
  11. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Crap, I forgot about that. I haven't actually watched the Kissology version of Unplugged yet. I wonder if they just left it off because...well, redundant. (although they certainly had room for it)

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  12. Supekudx

Supekudx Well-Known Member

In fact "Escape from the Island" is omitted in the Japanese Pressing.

13. bodicus

bodicus Forum Resident

How good would a properly arranged/recorded version of "Raita" (or whatever it`s called!) have been as an opener for The Elder. The demo is brilliant - LedZep meets Rush with a big helping of stadium rock :agree:

14. dustdevil

dustdevil Forum Resident

Yes, I know, sadly but strange it is.
    That's why I'm looking foreward to the upcoming US Re- Issue, hope there
    are no glitches like ...and then she kissed me ;)

Mij Retrac likes this.
  15. Mij Retrac

Looks like Rock And Roll Over and The Elder have been pushed out AGAIN!! Now the date is August 12th. Creatures remains at Sept 2nd but I wouldn't be surprised if that gets bumped again too since Alive II and the solos have been bumped to that date as well.

16. intv7

intv7 Senior Member

It was actually not part of the "rehearsed" set, although they'd been playing it at all the conventions that summer. They did a few impromptu tunes while setting up the orchestra for "Everytime I Look At You", and that was one of them.

17. tonyzz

tonyzz Well-Known Member

The elder in amazon is for august 19th.

LongPlay33 likes this.
  18. Mij Retrac

I just had the date off by a week I meant the 19th for both.

tonyzz likes this.
  19. tonyzz

tonyzz Well-Known Member

Hard luck woman unplugged is in kissology vol 3 indeed,paul sing the song this time.

LongPlay33 likes this.
  20. tonyzz

tonyzz Well-Known Member

Yes,we hopefully get creatures... By sept 2nd.
    And i want the original '82 mix this time,c'mon america.

21. Mij Retrac

If it isn't the original 82 mix I would be floored. It would make no sense whatsoever for that long of a delay if it wasn't.

4stringking73 and tonyzz like this.
  22. tonyzz

tonyzz Well-Known Member

indeed, the long wait is because they are fixing the '85 to '82 i suppose, if not they just playing with us ,i hope not.
    I have the Eu copy sealed ,just in case .

LongPlay33 likes this.
  23. Mij Retrac

I bought the EU of Creatures and The Elder because I just couldn't wait.

24. 4stringking73

4stringking73 Forum Resident

I canceled my preorder of Creatures from Amazon. I bought the Mastered for itunes version and just cannot listen to it because it is the 85 mix. 82 or nothing for me. I will stick with the 97 remaster cd.

25. wkcchampion

wkcchampion Well-Known Member

But... isn't just the title track different (apart from the running order)? Aren't the other songs the same?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.