Kiss 2014 Vinyl Reissues (Pt4)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Jul 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

Really? Anomaly is awesome!

http://www.allmusic.com/album/anomaly-mw0000824416

Mij Retrac likes this.
  2. batman144144

batman144144 Nocturnal crime fighter/audio enthusiast.

I don't think so. I enjoy reading about the little differences between this version and that version. I love hearing all the minutia.

3. markaberrant

markaberrant Forum Resident

I think I would rather kick back and listen to the damn album. I picked up a more than acceptable play copy earlier this year for $10... I passed up copies in even better condition for $20.

4. markaberrant

Sorry, was not trying to be a jerk, I know the whole point of a discussion forum is to discuss things. Just seems odd to fret over all these versions when there is a perfectly good version out there.

That being said, I don't like COTN in any version.

5. tonyzz

tonyzz Well-Known Member

It is funny you don't like creatures but your avatar is a picture of ace from that era.

LongPlay33 and 4stringking73 like this.
  6. markaberrant

tonyzz likes this.
  7. DownInAHole

DownInAHole Forum Resident

Paul's best look was from the Music from "the Elder" era. No one rocks a purple headband like Paul Stanley.

8. intv7

intv7 Senior Member

Whatever floats your boat. It's cool that you think it's "awesome" -- personally I wouldn't use that word to describe Anomaly. It has a few tracks I really do like, a few that I think are at least passable, and a few more that are some of the worst crap he's ever put out.

Curveboy likes this.
  9. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

markaberrant likes this.
  10. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

It goes way beyond the triggers in Peter's case...his playing was simplified as he just didn't have the ability any more.

4stringking73 likes this.
  11. tonyzz

tonyzz Well-Known Member

LongPlay33 likes this.
  12. tonyzz

tonyzz Well-Known Member

Agree,in the elder era kiss had a serious look,elegant,refine .
    I love it even with the short hair and the music they want to play was progressive metal ,they did it ,they were pioneers.
    I lot of people that does not like kiss love the elder ,why?because they said that is real serious rock music not just (i love you baby) type of songs.
    I only wish they did elder part 2:war of gods,what songs would be in it,maybe when the legends die,nowhere to run,thrills in the nigh,its my life,who knows.

LongPlay33 likes this.
  13. I thought I was alone. I also think it's his best look ever. What I really hated from that era was Gene's costume.

14. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

I see, it's just that Criss was using them...he's just not the same drummer...the old days are gone. :shake:

Thanks for your permission to like it, and describe it the way I like too, much appreciated. :D

You're right. Despite it being a well-reviewed and liked album, I hate it now too. Nothing can ever match the glory years of Kiss. :biglaugh:

15. LongPlay33

LongPlay33 Well-Known Member

Because no The elder 2 war of gods, we have creatures of the night.
    Which do you prefer?

4stringking73 and tonyzz like this.
  16. tonyzz

tonyzz Well-Known Member

Split decision.

LongPlay33 likes this.
  17. tonyzz

tonyzz Well-Known Member

Peter criss may be not the best drum in the world but they never used a drum machine like they did with eric carr.

LongPlay33 likes this.
  18. batman144144

Are you seriously suggesting Gene and Paul were saying to themselves, "Wow, Eric Carr's drumming is just awful; we gotta use a drum machine"???

19. 4stringking73

4stringking73 Forum Resident

Creatures.

LongPlay33 and tonyzz like this.
  20. tonyzz

tonyzz Well-Known Member

I heard they use a drum machine in some of the songs in killers and even in others albums.
    Maybe somebody knows this better.

LongPlay33 likes this.
  21. batman144144

I'm not saying in any way that KISS has not used drum machines. However, you seem to be comparing Criss' and Carr's drumming abilities by saying they used them when Carr was drummer but not when Criss was drummer. Are you implying they used drum machines because Carr was a weak drummer?

22. tonyzz

tonyzz Well-Known Member

Not really,paul just want to save money and used a drum machine for the demo and later use the same demo for the album.
    It was just in the eric carr era.

LongPlay33 likes this.
  23. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

Anyone know yet if the US COTN will be the original or 85 version?

24. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

The few times a drum machine was employed it was programmed by Eric...he was fascinated by them.

wkcchampion likes this.
  25. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

A couple songs on HITS used a drum machine supposedly as those were pretty much demos. I don't think any drum machines were used on any of the other Eric Carr albums.

4stringking73 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.