Kiss 2014 Vinyl Reissues (Pt4)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Jul 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongPlay33

LongPlay33 Well-Known Member

The triple lucky K , KISS, Kramer and Kelly.

1973_2fk4 and tonyzz like this.
  2. tonyzz

tonyzz Well-Known Member

How many people on this thread have the KISS lunch box with thermos 1977, isn't that the coolest thing.

LongPlay33 likes this.
  3. LongPlay33

I got the Flip and sip top version

tonyzz likes this.
  4. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Well, I finally cleaned Elder and RARO. I decided to play Elder tonight. I'm likely posting something negative in review of these reissues for the first time here. My side 1 was noisy. I'm half way through side 2 and it's less noisy, but not quiet.

I've bought or have on preorder, every title. This is the noisiest one I've heard.

4stringking73 and Vinyl Fan 1973 like this.
  5. Mij Retrac

Mij Retrac Forum Resident

Me too. I have exchanged mine in hopes that I get a less noisy one. Mine was also cupped and slightly warped. I will let everyone know how my second copy sounds when I get it in a couple of days.

4stringking73 and Clanceman like this.
  6. tonyzz

tonyzz Well-Known Member

Finally open my the elder reissue
    Eric carr drums in Only you sounds amazing,for me his best song.
    The reissue sounds better than my Eu copy from the 80's.

4stringking73 and LongPlay33 like this.
  7. Mij Retrac

Is this the US pressing? If so how quiet is it? I have the EU and US versions and both are noisy in different ways. The EU version has low level swooshing on it and the US version had lots of crackles and pops.

8. Sentinel

Sentinel New Member

Me, too. I sent for a replacement from Amazon. The second copy of The Elder was much noisier than the first. So, I ended up sending the 2nd copy back and keeping the first one. I was really hoping for this one to be pristine since the original vintage pressing sounds so muddy.

Clanceman likes this.
  9. tonyzz

tonyzz Well-Known Member

It is the Eu, a little noisy but much better than my 80s version.

LongPlay33 and Mij Retrac like this.
  10. Mij Retrac

Looks like the solo albums are getting pushed out again. Just got notice from Amazon that Ace is shipping September 23rd now. I assume I will get emails about the other three soon.

11. Mij Retrac

My EU copy was marginally better than the first US copy I had. I should be getting my second copy any day now, probably the beginning of next week.

12. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

My copy just arrived. I will be cranking this tonight.

13. LongPlay33

The Richest ,Gene simmons is in #3 bass players with a $300,000 000 fortune.

tonyzz likes this.
  14. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Yeah, I'm just going to keep mine. The s/n that I hear doesn't significantly detract from the music, but compared to all the other reissues, this one is a bit disappointing.
    I'm not going to make much of it, but I'd have probably simply mentioned it, while praising the remaster and the sound of the recording, but I can't. The muddiness is all still there. After all, I have plenty of records with incredible sonics, but plenty of surface noise. In this case, the sonics do not sound improved, at least with one shootout vs. cd.

Most of you that I've been on this thread with from the beginning, know that I probably rank in the top couple percent of those that "love everything" about these. This is the first that I'd put in the category of *inferior*.

Tonight I have RARO ready to go! I'm expecting to be back in the high praise category for this one. :D

15. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

How would the Elder reissue rank with the original Japan LP release (which share the same track order and mix)? Anyone have both?

16. sandimascharvel

sandimascharvel Forum Resident

My original US Elder CD issue is a bit muddy as well. However, last year I got a nice original Japan P33C issue and it was much clearer, as if a pillow was on my speakers before.

I really wish I kept all my original vinyl. I remember all the artwork being so vivid compared to any CD or vinyl reissue, especially the solos. (I wish I could find something that looked as nice as those did). Only my Alive II stayed unfortunately (since Paul had signed it in the getefold). Ah, the things we sold off not knowing any better in younger years....

17. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Same deal here Clanceman...I am also dissapointed in my Elder pressing...like you, my side one is worse than side 2...."Fanfare" is almost ruined in snap, crackle, pop. :-(

Clanceman likes this.
  18. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

What's the general opinion on COS and Hot in the Shade? I really want to own this on vinyl but concerned how they sound. I wanted The Elder really badly but after some of the comments I think I'll skip it. RARO is currently sold out at HMV, but I hear that sounds amazing, so I will be picking that up. Still waiting for Crazy Nights.

4stringking73 likes this.
  19. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

HITS is too long for it to be a sonic wonder on LP.

20. Vinyl Fan 1973

Just got done reading some info regarding HITS and it seems that the MFIT's version on Itunes is getting great reviews. Hmmm maybe I should try and download that first. I'd love any improvement over my original CD. The duration of the LP does concern me, in that I don't think I'm going to get the improvement I'm looking for in LP format.

21. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

RARO is down to $25 can on amazon.ca

Vinyl Fan 1973 likes this.
  22. Vinyl Fan 1973

Thanks for the heads up!

23. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

COS suffers from the same issues as HITS, it's too long to be cut on one LP. I bought it for the collection, the pressing is good however it's cut too low in volume and doesn't have the energy that it would have if it was spread over 2 LP's and cut accordingly.

24. Vinyl Fan 1973

Man I would have shelled out more for a double 45RPM reissue of both COS and HITS. Well that settles that, I'll go home tonight and purchase the MFIT's version of HITS, and just pick up RARO and Crazy Nights on LP.

bartels76 likes this.
  25. LongPlay33

If you want a no noise The Elder copy you're going to have to wait a little for the new remasters cd version of it, the same with all those other reissues Lp with problems , for this time i agree with curveboy.

Curveboy, 4stringking73 and tonyzz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.