KISS: The Songs 1974-2012

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GodShifter, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Sandinista

Sandinista Forum Resident

Ha! I was Indian Hill Road which North Wilton, close to Ridgefield/Georgetown. Graduated '86. You?

William Smart likes this.
  2. Jason W

Jason W Forum Resident

I have friends who still live on Indian Hill Rd. I lived on Signal Hill, then off Sturgess Ridge, then mainly on Chestnut Hill Rd. Graduated '83 (but had moved away in '77).

William Smart and Sandinista like this.
  3. William Smart

William Smart 21st Century Schizoid Man

Look at all us KISS neighbors. We got to have us a Rock & Roll Party PeePuhl!

Fairfield CT.

Jason W, Sandinista and npgchris like this.
  4. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

I'm in CT as well!

Sandinista and William Smart like this.
  5. William Smart

Comin'Home : what a fun fooking song! Again I like Gene in this, but even more I like Paul & Ace. I like that there's no solo, just great chord riffage. Paul's vocals are great, very sweet. Nice simple but tasty drumming. Yeah a short sweet song that packs a lot of feeling into a tight place. Reminds me of my wife...... I'm Comin'Home Baby...... Owwww

npgchris likes this.
  6. William Smart

You know there are a few of us. @vamborules is and there are a few more and some just over the NY border. We really should get together and have that KISS Rock & Roll Party. Tear it up! A near geriatric pahteee! Just to prove we're still alive and well, so it's not to hard to tell!

bartels76 and npgchris like this.
  7. Sandinista

Sandinista Forum Resident

Nah, you guys should fly down to FL to hang with me and get out of the cold!

8. William Smart

That sounds groovy too.

Sandinista likes this.
  9. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

I see what you did there

Zoot Marimba and dave9199 like this.
  10. William Smart

Duhhhh I just fooking got it! LMFAO what a dummy you are Smart. Oh Geeezus that's too much! @dave9199 Good one. It took the dummy a couple days for it to register.

BluesOvertookMe and dave9199 like this.
  11. William Smart

I seen that "what's Eric Carr got to do with it" Post. And I was like what is @dave9199 talking about? So I go back a few posts, no nobody is talking about Eric, maybe it got deleted with those other posts. Still not dawning on me. So when @SizzleVonSizzleton said I seen what you did there I was "what WHAT did he see? " So I go back and re-read @dave9199 Post again. Scratching my head thinking WTF did I miss! I glance up see the Post above and broke up laughing. In large part because of my denseness and finally getting it. Good one. Old age ain't slowed me down..... Sure old man LMAO good one. Ty I got a good laugh out of that... And my own idiocy!

ejluther and dave9199 like this.
  12. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

Your post above made me laugh as much as mine made you laugh.

13. Jason W

Jason W Forum Resident

I want to make sure everyone knows about the new 3-volume book set: KISS My Wax by Tom Shannon, which catalogs and illustrates every iteration of each KISS LP from around the world. More info here: Home

14. William Smart

HAVE A SAFE HOLIDAY PEOPLE!
    I mean PEEEPUHL!

15. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

Boy, Eric in that camouflage jump suit sitting on that bad 70's couch is quite the sight!

16. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

17. Evil Strawberry

Evil Strawberry Forum Resident

Yep I remember That on What's New Scooby Doo. UNDERRATED Scooby Doo Show IMO

18. Jason W

Jason W Forum Resident

i didn't realize they had earlier appearance. the KISS/Scooby-Doo movie was fantastic- and they just taped dialog for the next one!

19. Jason W

Jason W Forum Resident

Has anyone ever compared the Japanese LP pressings to the US? So many KISS collectors covet those pressings, but I wonder how they sound. I've found Japanese pressings, albeit the best vinyl quality, can be bright. Any thoughts?

20. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

Wow, I forgot that we just past the anniversary of Eric's death. Though Peter will always be my favorite, I love Eric and am sad he isn't with us anymore

21. William Smart

Strange Ways : Love the beat, sludgy, grinding. Peter sounds Sooo good. Love Gene in this, vocals and bass. The stand out though is Ace's solo. I think it's probably the best one so far out of the first two albums. For me anyways. This Parasite and Goin' Blind are my three favorites on this album. Probably goes against the general consensus, but what's gnu with that? I know a lot of people complain about the production of this album, but I like it. Against the grain like I said but gnu. So I dislike Kissn'Time and Theme immensely off the debut after that I basically love everything else. Thank the Gods they never played those two live, at least when I was getting into them. Would have ran for the door. The Doors. So at the end of the 2nd album my very favorites are Parasite, Goin'Blind and Strange Ways. The rest I only love.

Dressed To Kill is up next. This is where I became a fan. I was aware of the band from the first, but being a prog-snob I wrote them off. It was the tour for DTK that I basically became a fan. Lol and never looked back or regretted it.

Sorry it took so long to get to that last song. The Crim Fairy bestowed a blessing upon me and I've been lost in The Court ever sense. I told brother @npgchris I would finish and I try to be a lunatic of my word.:D

I hope everyone had a great time this holiday weekend. Blessed be, Peace

Paulo Alm, npgchris and GodShifter like this.
  22. npgchris

npgchris Forum Resident

So was the DTK tour the first time you saw them live?

"Love Theme From KISS" was a section of one of their early live tunes ("Acrobat") removed from the rest of the song. I like "Love Theme...", but on its own it's no great shakes. As part of "Acrobat" it's way cooler, IMO.

I was going to ask you if you ever remember them doing "Acrobat", but by DTK I'm pretty sure it was long gone from their repertoire. I think by the time the Hotter Than Hell tracks were added to their set list, that it was never played again. But I would think "Acrobat" would be a song that you would like.

Thanks for continuing the reviews. I look forward to reading your thoughts on DTK. One of KISS' "under the radar" gems of their catalog.

Besides needing to give us some more "song workshop" breakdowns, perhaps @Terrapin Station can let us know if he recalls them doing "Acrobat" live in the early days. It really stands out from the rest of their repertoire due to its length and somewhat complex arrangement (at least by KISS standards).

23. William Smart

Yes DTK was when I first seen them. I don't recall them ever doing Acrobat. Like you said by that time it was not part of the live show anymore.

npgchris likes this.
  24. npgchris

npgchris Forum Resident

The great @ejluther and I are finalizing the "Certificate Of Completion" for the KISS Songs thread that has been discussed a few times in the past. For those who don't know (or don't remember), I thought it would be cool to have a little token of remembrance for this epic thread once we wrapped things up. Initially, the idea was that the only way you could "earn" one would be to participate in the entire (or at least, most of the) thread, but I suppose there's no reason to be elitist about it!

Originally, I was simply going to print them out and mail them to those who earned one. I'm still going to make the offer to send one to certain folks who contributed throughout the thread. What I'm going to do is, once it's finished (we'll be there in a day or two), I'll post a link here so that anyone who wants one can download it, and print it out on their own. "Card stock" paper works a lot better than traditional paper. 50 lb. paper works nice, and a minimum of 32 lb. is recommended.

If your name is on the list below, and you don't have a nice-quality printer (or would just prefer to not have to deal with it), send me a PM with your address, and I will get one out to you. If you would like it personalized, then indicate what name you would want to appear on the "name" line (be it your username here, or your real name). The certificates that we make available for download will just have a blank line where the name goes, so you can fill it out as you wish. If your name is on the list below, and you'd like, I can arrange to have a personalized one available to you for download, so you can have a nicer certificate, but still save me from having to mail one to you. It would be a download just for you, and the link would be PM'd to you.

I just chose random pages throughout the thread to spur my memory of who the regular contributors were, which is how I came up with my list. If I inadvertently left you off, just PM me. To keep costs reasonable, I'm only willing to mail these to those of you who were with us for the majority of the ride, and who chimed in regularly. Those of you who only spoke up now and then can just print out your own. I think that's fair.

Again, apologies if I forgot someone. I wouldn't be surprised if I did!

(Jason, please be on the lookout for a PM from me)

@Curveboy
    @SizzleVonSizzleton
    @bartels76
    @BluesOvertookMe
    @William Smart
    @MagneticNorthpaw
    @vamborules
    @Musicman1998
    @dadonred
    @Haggis Wampovich
    @Terrapin Station
    @Rose River Bear
    @Diamond Star Halo
    @Sandinista
    @Cheevyjames
    @Combination
    @Digital Morphine
    @Deuce66
    @Paulo Alm
    @nodeerforamonth
    @SammyJoe
    @Tree of Life
    @Cooks420
    @The Slug Man
    @dave9199
    @24voltsdc

If you just want to print out your own, there's no reason for you to have to PM me.

Thanks, all! And thanks to @GodShifter for his epic work in guiding this thread. I hope that all of the regulars here expressed their thanks to him!

:cheers:

25. npgchris

npgchris Forum Resident

BTW, before someone alerts me to the omission, @Exile On My Street was deliberately left off the list, as he and I have already communicated!

If you don't see your name on the list, and you were a frequent contributor, please don't feel bad. I came up with that list in about 10-15 minutes, so just PM me if you were a regular and need one sent to you.