KISS: The Songs 1974-2012

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GodShifter, Feb 7, 2017.

1. William Smart

William Smart 21st Century Schizoid Man

Beth : No F'N thank you! Sorry don't care what anyone says about this song. If I never, ever in this life or the next or the one after that (please gods NO) hear this again I will be very happy indeed! Ummm that statement goes for Rock & Roll All Night, KISS'N Time, Love Theme most of the 80s, but not all, just too many to list. Please if any God is listening please take note! I thank you kindly:D. Awww come on guys you know me by now:goodie: Happy Happy Happy............

npgchris likes this.
  2. William Smart

Do You Love Me : Yes indeed I do! Warts, farts and all. Oh the song, uh Yup I do. Great Statement for a band at its peak, even if they were teetering and didn't know they were..... Never mind. Yeah I dig this song a lot always I love the attitude, the snub at fakes & hangers-on. " But do you really really Really love me? " Hel yeah, probably always will! Pax

npgchris likes this.
  3. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

4. William Smart

I Want You : Rock And Roll Over opens with a killer in your face kick as S this is how it's done killer! (lack of commas on purpose :D) What is not to love? (rhetorical) Paul's voice sounds rough, but strong. Gene is laying a sweet bass line down. Peter is out fooking standing, especially his right hand (cymbal). And Ace..... Well if i never said it before (i know, i did) Ace freaking rules! That goes for every solo pretty much he played with KISS. I may like this album more than Destroyer. Yup I do believe I do! Pax

Cheevyjames and npgchris like this.
  5. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Forum Resident

Can't accuse Ace of lip syncing.

walrus, William Smart and Cheevyjames like this.
  6. William Smart

Take Me : In your face Rock! Nice rhythm, nice vocals, solid drumming. Not great, but dam fine! Now after the short & sweet of it...... I took this as a (what follows may sound crazy and that's ok if you think so) kind of ode from B B to Lucille. I get it, that's not the intent of the lyrics. However is there a musician amongst us who doesn't feel more of what or who he is than when you've got your instrument in hand, or when you're behind your kit? Does the opposite sex not see musicians as "more" when they're on stage playing? Nuff crazy Smart stuff for ya? Me too! Back to the asylum for me.... Pax
    PS dam good song 8 on the Richter scale

npgchris likes this.
  7. William Smart

Calling Dr. Love : Not the best "written" song ever by any means. However it is performed with absolute GENIUS! Gene gives one of his best vocals ever! Just fantastic Demon! The other standout is Ace's Inspired solo. Burn all the Holy Books cause Ace is taking us to a New Church! I say again INSPIRED!! and if you disagree with that it's ok cause you're going to Rock & Roll Hell where they play nothing but disco, rap and blue grass while us true believers who are saved are going on to a much better Rocking place! Amen Hallelujah pass the Pickles! :D

Now while it's only me here and I'm basically talking to..... me, King Crimson, King Crimson, King Crimson..... That felt good!

RARO is just so good.... Well i can't say i dig Beth part 2, it belongs on that list a few posts back. An oversight on my part..... Mea Culpa Mea Maxima Culpa!

Meds must be wearing off.... Yup just read this Post. Nurseeeee! pax

Cheevyjames, Sandinista and npgchris like this.
  8. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Forum Resident

Last time original Kiss line-up would walk out on stage 10/7/2000 Charleston SC.
    Eerie and bittersweet at the same time.

9. Deuce66

Deuce66 Forum Resident

Talk about raw, jagged edges all over the place. I can imagine them being almost painful to experience live in the very early days.

William Smart and GodShifter like this.
  10. ejluther

ejluther Forum Resident

11. Deuce66

Deuce66 Forum Resident

Rhett, William Smart and ejluther like this.
  12. Who'sTommy

Who'sTommy Forum Resident

Gene and Ace really work well together, so it seems, as long as it is outside KISS. Good to see them having a good time together.

Rhett, Musicman1998, npgchris and 2 others like this.
  13. npgchris

npgchris Well-Known Member

Lonesurf, johnny q, ejluther and 3 others like this.
  14. walrus

walrus Forum Resident

You don't notice that kind of stuff in the moment, though. I mean, I listen to old Stones live albums and boots from the 70's through the early 80's, and they're all over the place, sloppy, and sometimes Mick sounds like he's barely singing. But I'm sure none of that mattered to the crowd on that actual night.

Now, I bet early on there were a lot of "WTF??" reactions to Kiss, before they'd fully honed their schtick, but I feel like, from day one, they had the kind of energy where it didn't matter if everything was 100% on...I mean, people bothered by that can just listen to the records, or go see Rush, y'know?

15. ejluther

ejluther Forum Resident

Posting this just because it’s awesome!

16. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

HA! The best thing in this entire thread.

17. GodShifter

GodShifter Are you having a laugh?® Thread Starter

18. npgchris

Indeed! :cheers:

I've been off the board for about a week and a half, and I see I've got a few VH albums to catch up on! Hopefully will be able to over the next few days!

With Gene doing these Vault get-together's now, hopefully we'll have some news items to post here from time to time. Seems unlikely any other city will be able to match the surprise of Ace, Bruce and Eric, however! :thumbsup:

19. Musicman1998

Musicman1998 That Wannabe Music Critic

Unless he somehow gets Vinnie

William Smart likes this.
  20. npgchris

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

;)

21. Rose River Bear

Rose River Bear Forum Resident

That is great. I need one!

22. Cheevyjames

Cheevyjames Forum Resident

I love how in comparison with the lego roadies, KISS is truly LARGER THAN LIFE!

23. Rose River Bear

Rose River Bear Forum Resident

We miss this thread!

24. William Smart

LMFAO! I love it!

npgchris likes this.
  25. William Smart

I just seen that. Yeah! A lot! Did we cover all Imports? Live..... Vegas? Did we do it backwards? Or as in my case forwards? Maybe the nuances of crowd noise at various live shows? Guys gimme credit I'm trying! Lol. Peace groovy people, Iam:bdance:

Rose River Bear and npgchris like this.