KISS: The Songs 1974-2012

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GodShifter, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

My God...

[​IMG]

2. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

Not at all into Kix, I must say.

3. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member Thread Starter

Okay, it was not the nicest thing I’ve ever posted. I’m a bit tipsy.

Serious, though, we should get together sometime soon. We’re not that far apart geographically.

4. BluesOvertookMe

5. BluesOvertookMe

Would like to make that happen.

GodShifter likes this.
  6. carlwm

carlwm Forum Resident

Boom Boom! :righton:

7. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Welcome back Vinnie!!

8. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

9. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

Aging really brought out the woman inside Vinnie. I don't mean that as a nasty remark at all but that was my reaction to seeing this picture.

10. brownsound2112

brownsound2112 Forum Resident

Many thanks for posting the Vinnie interview, which I found fascinating.

He comes across as pretty sincere, I have to say - and as regards his departure from Kiss, well you can hardly blame him really...his salary was pretty shocking...

Both camps probably have valid points as departs his departure...but it does sound like he was badly treated.

Glad to see him again, hope he is in a good place..

11. Analogmoon

Analogmoon All the Way Back in the Seventies

Some of that is hard to watch (talking about his wife).

12. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

I also noticed he paused when first talking about Eric.

William Smart likes this.
  13. Analogmoon

Analogmoon All the Way Back in the Seventies

14. 24voltsdc

24voltsdc Forum Resident

:yikes:

15. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns

I was going to ask if he's transgender now (which I don't mean as an insult--I have no problem with transgenderism, but he seriously looks like a woman). I also thought his speaking voice sounded more like someone who'd be primarily doing Broadway gigs. Or a slightly different take on Barry Manilow, maybe. I don't know if I ever heard Vinnie speak before yesterday. Or I didn't remember hearing him. His voice and demeanor surprised me, with his demeanor surprising me in a very positive way.

16. William Smart

William Smart 21st Century Schizoid Man

I didn't hit the "like" because you said you were a schmuck, because you're anything but! I hit it because of the kill Trunk in the Stump comment. Also my young nephew corrected me it is "Dump Truck"! So I stand doubly corrected! OK I concede to my distinguished brother @Curveboy , Trunk did keep Metal & Hard Rock Alive and I did enjoy many of the guests he had on "That Metal Show" he hosted buttttttt...... I'm not going to anger Lockard Martin and get deleted as everything I say is so important & relevant :D Klatu Baradda Niktu

D.B., GodShifter and Zoot Marimba like this.
  17. William Smart

Thank you @vamborules For posting that interview. I haven't had a chance to see it yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I said it when I first joined this thread and I stand by it " after Ace I think Vinnie could have been the best fit for KISS ". It's a shame G&P didn't, I don't know, "nurture" that creativity? I think they just wanted an employee they could direct or mold into what they wanted, needed, to fit into their vision of KISS. Just my insane viewpoint, what do I know? Pax

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  18. William Smart

I have never heard Kix, however many years ago my wife and I were in Shop Rite in Milford CT. and we were in line with these young fellows. They were dressed as many young musicians are wont to do in all black and leather and chains, just short of a biker look or overly flamboyant. Anyways my wife looks at me as if to say "what the hell". So I whisper to her "they're in a band dear". One of them must have heard me and started talking to me. He was asking about the area and if there was a Mall nearby. To which I directed him to the Milford Mall just down the road past 95. And yes the New Haven Coliseum was 15 minutes up 95 from here and blah blah blah.... The point if I have one is that they were very nice young men. Very respectful, pleasant. Nice Tour Bus lol. But I never got to hear their music. Didn't miss much I gather? Shame such nice young men:D
    Pax

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  19. William Smart

OMFG! That's Vinnie? Okay I'm no kind of "basher" not LGBT or Religious or anything, I'm very accepting, but wow that's a shock! I can't believe it. I'm at a loss for words for once. Hey if you're happy VV then right on! Everyone's got a right to be happy.

20. ejluther

ejluther Forum Resident

I’d bet a lot of scratch Vinnie is transitioning or has already. Don’t forget the Swedish documentary that came out last year (?) that tried to find him and concluded via sources/private investigators (IIRC) that he was now living as a woman. Did no one even ask about the documentary at least? I’ve just seen pics from the event. His decidedly female appearance must have been the elephant in the room (not an intentional dig at his size but easily read as one) - I just hope he’s living his truth and is happy...

21. yarbles

yarbles Too sick to pray

Gotta hand it to VV, they seem a lot more happy and relaxed with xyr new identity than before. By way of contrast, over the past 20 years, PAUL has still appeared as conflicted, uptight and confused as ze ever has been. Maybe when VV hooks up with GENE in April to collect hirs 'VAULT', it might lead to a similar rapprochement with PAUL...and after more than 35 years of being fellow badly concealed closet icons, maybe VV's transitioning will help PAUL finally to come to terms with zir own identity?

22. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident

This. I’m not a big Kiss fan although I do like some of their songs. But this thread has been so interesting that I started watching their interviews and concert clips on YT. Wow, what a revelation!

23. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

Hmm trying to decide on the 2014 reissues of Hotter than Hell or Dressed to Kill.

24. You're not in Canada so you can still use normal pronouns.

William Smart and yarbles like this.
  25. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Midnight Dynamite is a top 10 best metal disc of all time and should be in every headbangers collection.

William Smart likes this.