KISS: The Songs 1974-2012

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GodShifter, Feb 7, 2017.

1. William Smart

William Smart 21st Century Schizoid Man

I hadn't heard of the Swedish documentary. Thanks for that moanswoir! Yeah I hope he's conquered all his demons and is happy. But in truth I was shocked when I seen that photo. I showed my wife that picture and the LIU cover and she thought I was crazy when I said that was Vinnie. I mean she REALLY thought I was lying to her."No No that's some woman". I was like that may very well be a woman, but she was originally Vinnie Vincent! I don't think she believes me still! Oh well pax brother

24voltsdc, ejluther and Zoot Marimba like this.
  2. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

Vinnie called Paul 'Mean Mr. Mustard' :laugh:

3. William Smart

I will check it out ty! I swear I have found so much good music since I found this sight last April. Like Black Country Communion! I know they've been around for a few years but for me they're brand new! Damn they Rock! I was blown away when I heard them, then I went to look up what the lineup was and my jaw dropped! Talk about pedigree! Found Big Big Train Who have I've been around since the 90s, but new to me. And the list goes on. Love this forum. But this thread makes this forum for me. Thanks again brother

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    carlwm and Curveboy like this.
  4. William Smart

LMFAO! Seriously? That's hysterical, but I think he's Polythene Pam and Gene's Mean Mr Mustard! Uh sorry that wasn't nice.

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  5. William Smart

OMFG! ROFLMFAO! (wow I don't even have to type words anymore!) (you just did dummy) oh!

6. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

7. Exile On My Street

Exile On My Street Senior Member

Holy crap I thought this was a joke! That's really VV? :yikes:
    Hey, I've got no problems with it at all I just had no idea! I don't follow his life/career. I gotta hear this interview!!

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  8. Exile On My Street

Exile On My Street Senior Member

That's classic and you're probably right about this and why Paul is so uptight after all of these years.

Dr. Mudd and yarbles like this.
  9. William Smart

I don't know, I didn't see anything wrong with it. And after all I am Mr. Sensitivity In. hmmmmm is that first name last, last name first or last first name.....

10. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

11. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Honestly I find these speculations about Vinnie's lifestyle distasteful. I see an older guy who put on some weight and is doing his best to look a little glam.

12. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

Not meant to be distasteful. Just sharing what our immediate reactions to seeing pictures of him are. No judgement from me.

William Smart and ejluther like this.
  13. brownsound2112

brownsound2112 Forum Resident

I don’t think anyone means disrespect. It does appear that he is accentuating his feminine features - the hair, eyebrows, make up, boots...

Whatever....so great to see him apparently well and speaking so forgivingly and with so much grace.

William Smart and ejluther like this.
  14. Analogmoon

Analogmoon All the Way Back in the Seventies

The clothes also -

No big deal.

I still recall seeing the unmasking on MTV (September 18th 1983).

William Smart likes this.
  15. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member Thread Starter

I was just making a joke. I meant no disrespect. I tend to agree with @Curveboy that he’s trying to still look rock ‘n’ roll even with the years and the weight gain. Keep in mind Vinnie always had a bit of a feminine look even in the early days of his tenure with KISS and certainly with Vinnie Vincent Invasion. I think he’s just trying to keep that imagine. I mean, he’s not going to show up wearing a cowboy hat and jeans, right?

I haven’t listened to the interview.

16. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

Ace Frehley too.

GodShifter likes this.
  17. Analogmoon

Analogmoon All the Way Back in the Seventies

That is was cool when he mentioned going to the store and buying magazines. I recall being very excited about getting the newest Circus magazine.

18. ejluther

ejluther Forum Resident

Great points...I know I’ve been so curious about him for years that I’m just plain ol’ interested in his life and all its facets...even though I know full well (and honestly believe) that, at the end of the day, it’s none of my business...humans are complicated animals, I guess... :shrug:

I imagine anything Vinnie wants to say about any of this will be part of this book that may come to fruition...I, for one, would love to read it.

19. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

Bear in mind that since you're such a Vincent fan, you've probably seen more pictures of him since the 80's where others hear, like myself, has not.

20. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns

Although Ace now looks like a badass biker dude.

21. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

So....what happened to the discussion of Kiss Songs 1974-2012?

22. yarbles

yarbles Too sick to pray

Well, after day two's thoroughly rivetting Q&A, at least we now know the truth about the demise of VV's dogs. Or not.

William Smart and johnny q like this.
  23. Zoot Marimba

We finished for all and intents and purposes, so now this is a catch all KISS thread

William Smart, Curveboy and ejluther like this.
  24. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

I see. Alright then, I must have missed the memo;):)

25. Zoot Marimba

If you want to discuss the songs, go right for it