KISS: The Songs 1974-2012

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GodShifter, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident

That would great if you could but I don’t think it’s needs to be overly detailed or anything like that. Just something general to help guide readers -a page number for each album rather than each song. Then list the songs for each album. Just an example. Maybe you can edit the first post and add the index there. Or create a new thread titled Kiss Song by Song Index. However even this may be a lot of work so it’s understandable if it doesn’t happen.

You already invested a lot of time and effort to this thread and it is much appreciated!

2. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

I might try that instead of ranking all the KISS Songs, which I still want to do, but hey, help a guy out, and it will help with my Iron Maiden thread

3. William Smart

William Smart 21st Century Schizoid Man

I thought maybe so. It just didn't sound like Gene. Then again just as soon as I think I know Gene he surprises me. So it had me wondering. Thanks for that.
    I'm not overly familiar with Ace's solo work after KISS I wonder if there are other examples of him on bass. Shock Me is just so good. It sounds slow, but it's not. Like two different things going on, a slow and fast paced juxtaposition that warps space & time.. .. uh sorry getting near time for my meds I think.
    Peace

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    Witchy Woman likes this.
  4. William Smart

I just seen a contest to win a Tommy "Spaceman" Thayer Epiphone. Spaceman? I must be an old curmudgeon, cranky sob cause that rankles! I bet Ace doesn't even care. Spaceman indeed! MEDS! what next? Space Ace? Make my blood pressure... .. @$$€%!!!!

D.B. and Zoot Marimba like this.
  5. Zoot Marimba

A poor man's Les Paul for a poor man's Ace Frehley. Fitting

knob twirler and William Smart like this.
  6. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

I got love for sale, if Tommy wants to send me one of those guitars, I'm prepared to declare him the true Spaceman!!

7. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member Thread Starter

Well, you’re certainly welcome. I’m glad you’ve enjoyed it. It is one of those unique threads where the participants and their contributions were just off the scale good. The only other thread I’ve ever took part in that is close to this one is the Black Sabbath album by album thread.

Still need to figure out how to adequately index this sucker. A daunting task ...

8. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

Really nice acoustic guitar cover of I Was Made For Lovin' You.

9. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

10. Zoot Marimba

11. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

I got 161.

12. Cheevyjames

Cheevyjames Forum Resident

Listening to the live version of I Was Made for Loving You from Alive III just now. I freakin' love how the "whip" sounds near the end of the studio version were replaced with huge explosions for this Alive III version. So awesome!

robw and William Smart like this.
  13. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member Thread Starter

I don’t like being timed. I quit, but I couldn’t have done as well as most of you guys.

William Smart and Zoot Marimba like this.
  14. erickana666

erickana666 Forum Resident

The version live of alive 3 of iwmfly is so cool, big guitar, the roar of the crowd, this the way this song should be played on dynasty or any concert.
    The Revenge era was so perfect, kiss were mean and good looking style, the songs have balls, great riffs, cool solos and harmonics. It sad that release carnival of souls too late, it killed the album, the wait, the bootleg, and then a release during the reunion with a cheap cover art, no good booklet without lyrics. Releasing that album 2 years before, and im sure the opinions about it will be differents

William Smart and Cheevyjames like this.
  15. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

Isn't IWMFLY a soundcheck, not actually live?

William Smart likes this.
  16. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

all of ALIVE III is a soundcheck recording

William Smart likes this.
  17. erickana666

Yes i think imred that somewhere,that is why this version is so powerful

18. carlwm

carlwm Forum Resident

Just scraped 103. The only albums I completed were Destroyer & Crazy Nights.

I hang my head in shame. :)

19. William Smart

Love Gun : a little staccato opening followed by a nice steady beat that ends with a little fill every couple of measures and back to the staccato. Nice. I like Gene in this, Not so much because of flash it technical prowess as much as note choices and attack. Nice bit of distortion on the rhythm cords which is all just the intro to Ace's solo. Also I love the stuff Ace does in the back ground .You gotta pay attention cause Ace is just freaking genius. The fade out? Pretty as all fook..... Nah i hate this one can't ya tell? Lol quintessential KISS period. Last side of a golden age. Peace brothers

20. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

154. There were a couple I couldn't figure out how to spell. Odyssey was one I paused it to look it up. I blanked on the last two and Carnival. Got at least one on each. All of them through Lick It Up in 9 minutes and 8 seconds. Didn't fill any album after LIU. Almost got all of Psycho Circus. 73%

carlwm, GodShifter and Zoot Marimba like this.
  21. Zoot Marimba

I got every album up through Recenge and select tunes after.

carlwm likes this.
  22. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

Beatles Songs (Studio Album Tracks) Quiz

Just did The Beatles songs. I should've gotten all of them but I blank still on the early uk albums a bit. When under the gun I go blank. 175/192 in 19:00. 91% Ironically, Under The Gun is a Kiss song I missed. The thing with these tests is you have to be a good typer just to make it. Be aware on The Beatles you need to know side two of Yellow Submarine.

23. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

Something interesting from the 'everythingkiss' FB page.

[​IMG]

Deuce66, GodShifter and ejluther like this.
  24. erickana666

I really like VV, but this mini was a mess, i can give a fast guitar course to anyone who cant play guitar here, and these songs will be better played. I never tried to play Tears, but back on the street, a million to one and time of year, inrewlly likr to play these songs. Because of my health, now i cant play them without my notes, score book, but sadly vinnie youmdont have it on these videos.

William Smart and Zoot Marimba like this.
  25. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Can't say we didn't know this was coming eventually, Paul even mentioned that a world tour was in the works which can only mean one thing. It also wouldn't surprise me if they give KISS 2.0 a shot once everything is wrapped up with the main band.

GodShifter likes this.