KISS: The Songs 1974-2012

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GodShifter, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

For the Vinnie fans out there.

[​IMG]

ejluther and Curveboy like this.
  2. ejluther

ejluther Forum Resident

For whatever reason "Full Shred" just makes me laugh...I also think it's interesting that the makeup pic of Vinnie is blown out so the makeup is not really visible...maybe he's afraid of a lawsuit from KISS?

Deuce66 likes this.
  3. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Full Shred

ejluther likes this.
  4. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I think Vinnie actually owns the rights to his KISS makeup design.

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  5. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

I remember those documents that showed him owning his and Eric’s makeup designs.

Deuce66 likes this.
  6. ejluther

ejluther Forum Resident

I’ve heard/seen that, too. How could that happen and why would Paul and Gene let it? And Eric’s, too? Weird.

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  7. Zoot Marimba

So is Vinnie.

ejluther likes this.
  8. ejluther

ejluther Forum Resident

So the new poster is missing a “D”? ;)

9. Zoot Marimba

Here’s a tribute to the Catman himself:

carlwm and ejluther like this.
  10. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

He purchased the rights from Eric before Paul/Gene thought of the idea?

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  11. ejluther

ejluther Forum Resident

No argument here - I love me some original catman!

carlwm and Zoot Marimba like this.
  12. ejluther

ejluther Forum Resident

But why wouldn’t they do so when they first designed them? And does that mean VV is getting a piece of everything that has Eric’s makeup on it? Including the posthumous stuff put out by his family? I just don’t see that happening somehow...it’s all just, you know, weird. It just seems to me like something Vinnie would try to do but not succeed at...

I found this;
    It is rumoured that the KISS legal team sent Mr. Cusano a short correspondence asking him to refrain from using the make up in future as they owned the copyright to it and not him.

In a bizarre twist of events, Vinnie then copyrighted Eric Carr's fox make up when the patent lapsed on it. This may explain why the Eric Carr figure in MacFarlane's 2002 range wore the Silver Fox make up rather than the standard Fox!
    Undiscovered Kisstory- Alternative Make Up Designs

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  13. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

They (Eric/Vinnie) either designed their makeup or had very significant input into their design, enough so that they had legal ownership over the designs, same as the original KISS characters belonged to each member and they were legally bound to be used exclusively in KISS. I would love to see those contracts from the early days laying out the business of KISS in all its gory details.

Zoot Marimba and ejluther like this.
  14. ejluther

ejluther Forum Resident

And here’s something else interesting/odd about Vinnie’s makeup from that same article:
    Undiscovered Kisstory- Alternative Make Up Designs

but the make up designed for Vinnie by Paul Stanley had its roots in the original characters dreamt up for Wicked Lester back in 1971 when Gene was to be a caveman and Paul a gambler.

These designs never went beyond the drawing board but back then a Egyptian Warrior character was created and sketched out for guitarist Steve Coronel.

Direct link to pic here:
    https://imgur.com/gallery/jzgIwIj

Doggiedogma and Deuce66 like this.
  15. ejluther

ejluther Forum Resident

And Vinnie would/could try to trademark Eric’s because they were in the same band together? Anything’s possible in VV’s world I guess...FULL SHREDD!!! ;)

16. Doggiedogma

Doggiedogma "Think this is enough?" "Uhh - nah. Go for broke."

This image of VV looks to be same as the one you pictured above of VV as Ankh. Also, the "second show added" blurb is cool, VV tix are popular in Graceland.

ejluther likes this.
  17. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

Gene takes a shot at Paul's voice.

Video is potato quality visually but you can hear what he says clearly.

18. Zoot Marimba

Holy s***, That is I believe the first time he’s ever taken any kind of shot at Paul.

19. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

Seems like he went for the quick joke without thinking about how it would end up online. Paul is not going to be happy.

johnny q likes this.
  20. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

Love how Gene takes a shot at Paul then says, "...but I love him" implying his shot is done out of love for him and can be rationalized by saying that.

21. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Well Paul's current vocals have become a sort of internet meme at this point, no big reveal there.

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  22. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

Gene is seriously out of line here. For everything Paul did wrong with his voice he destroyed it selling Gene's product. It's a major betrayal to stand over Paul's corpse and crack wise about it when all you've seen is the dividends.

Gene is just the lowest of the low.

GodShifter and johnny q like this.
  23. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

Gene mentions Paul's voice in front of Paul here. This was quite sometime ago.

Marble Index likes this.
  24. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I would assume they've had a lot of talks regarding his voice and I can understand the frustration that Gene and the other members must feel when they see and unfortunately have to listen to Paul trying to perform like he did in his heyday. He stubbornly refuses to alter his stage persona to match his current abilities and the times we live in. At the first sign of trouble with his voice 2006-08 he should've addressed the issue but I think he just plowed thru and permanently damaged his voice (my opinion).

It will be interesting to see how this plays out, I think Paul will take the high road publicly and blast Gene behind closed doors even though he hasn't been shy about criticizing members in the past, sometimes viciously.

GodShifter and Paulo Alm like this.
  25. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

“I never lose my voice???” His (Genes) voice was utter crap on the 96-97 reunion tour. That and how poor Peter played were my two initial takeaways when I saw my first shows that tour.