Kiss Vinyl Reissues, Part 6

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MLutthans, Jan 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff Thread Starter

2. Mij Retrac

Mij Retrac Forum Resident

Here we are, part six. This is crazy!!

3. liveshowz

liveshowz Forum Resident

Awwright...

For those of you looking to complete your (European) 2014 pressings...

Swedish shop Ginza has a sale on a couple of them..

http://www.ginza.se/search/Vinyl/513?s=kiss

And while you're at it... get some

[​IMG]

4. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Who woulda thunk it, huh? Right?

I remember those early parts of this thread, before the vinyl was released. I used to post thinking, "I hope there's at least few guys here that will buy these and want to talk about it."

To have gotten to part 6....more than a testament to these great reissues, it's been a testament to this great band, and their outstanding fans.

I've really enjoyed the sprit of this, now 6 part thread. There are guys that don't even like vinyl - @Curveboy - that have been positive contributors here. Thanks for the knowledge and opinions, guys.

And hey, we always get some really late night comedy from @batman144144 :righton:

5. kingofstoneage

kingofstoneage Forum Resident

Does anybody know if the german version (ZZ) of the 2014 RARO vinyl include the stickers?
    Mine does not!

6. 4stringking73

4stringking73 Forum Resident

Well said my friend.

batman144144 and Clanceman like this.
  7. 4stringking73

This was a post that @HailVinyl made on part 5 that I missed so I am responding here in part 6.
    **original post**
    I've just received my copies of "Alive II" and "Rock And Roll Over". I'm extremely happy to be able to say, after 35+ years, that I finally have a properly packaged copy of "Alive II", which was very cheaply released in my country. Not even a gatefold! Both records were simply thrown into a regular LP cover with both front and back artwork. This was always a frustration to me, although the pressing isn't bad-sounding in my opinion. Actually, I don't notice that much of a sonic improvement in this reissue (haven't played the studio cuts yet). BTW, the Colombian pressing of this album was released in automatic sequence order (sides A and D on the first LP, and sides B and C on the second one).

Is it me, or the hues on the Alive II artwork are more saturated than on the original release? Well, I'm not sure if "saturated" is the right word, but basically I feel as if the cover tints in this reissue weren't accurately reproduced.

(Response)
    My copy the Alive II reissue seems matches my original Alive II artwork.

Clanceman and Hail Vinyl! like this.
  8. Thanks a lot! :)

4stringking73 and Clanceman like this.
  9. 4stringking73

Sure no problem, one thing about the Alive II reissue that I really like is that the louder I turn it up the more it "breathes" and comes to "life" in a really awesome way!

Well truthfully all Kiss is even better sounding when played loudly! :agree:

Emperor5353, fuhrsy31 and Clanceman like this.
  10. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Forum Resident

And right between the eyes!

Mark

Clanceman and 4stringking73 like this.
  11. fuhrsy31

fuhrsy31 Forum Resident

I know some aren't fussy about the 2014 Alive 2, but I agree with this post. Once I started listening I couldn't stop with no ear fatigue. Then I continued onto Double Platinum and the pleasure continued.

12. candyflip69

candyflip69 What's good?!

You have the 2014 release of 'Double Platinum'??!

13. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

That can only mean 1 thing!

14. 4stringking73

Yes it can only mean that the poor guy (or gal) is probably hiding a "road case of awesomeness" from his or her significant other. :laugh:

15. fuhrsy31

fuhrsy31 Forum Resident

Yes it's the 2014. Nice quiet vinyl and sounds wonderful. Makes me wonder how good a remix hotter than hell lp would be.

Emperor5353 and 4stringking73 like this.
  16. If the multi-tracks existed?

17. JRJ

JRJ Forum Resident

I am a new member here but I would love to voice my opinion in regards to these Kiss reissues.
    A lot of members here claim that this is just another greedy cash gab by Gene and crew.
    However, I picked up 23 of these issues thus far and they are absolutely flawless.
    I would. Compare the quality of the vinyl to that of MOFI or MOV. And to replace my worn out copies that I had when I was a kid at 25 dollars a pop Canadian, well worth every cent to me!
    Kiss, you are true to your fans and the best!!!
    John

18. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

Dunno about them, but I wanted the picture discs from the members solo albums and the faces on the lps were blurry and dark; nothing like the originals from '78 !!!:realmad:

DoF likes this.
  19. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Great post.....and welcome!

4stringking73 likes this.
  20. 4stringking73

Welcome to the forums:cheers:

21. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

But the original ¨Double Platinum¨ CD was remixed AND remastered by Dan Marino. Did it get a 2014 remaster ?

BTW, since they are of such a good q I might consider buyng them to replace my original, non-remasteres cds.Are all of these vinyl reissues remastered ?

22. 4stringking73

"Double Platinum" did get a 2014 remaster but the only "physical" version is the vinyl lp. And that is only available in the "Kissteria" offering that is uber expensive. But you can get the download on iTunes or on the hi-res sites.

All the vinyl 2014 reissues are remastered. I firstly would recommend you get the 97 cd remaster of "Creatures Of The Night". It is the original mix of the album and is the widely preferred mix of the album. The 2014 Creatures Vinyl has a couple of songs remixed and a different song order, but it still is amazing! The 97 remaster cd's are dirt cheap and very,very, good so if you like Kiss I would pick them all up.

Check out the previous parts of this thread and you will get a good idea of the majority of people's thoughts on these great 2014 vinyl (and download) releases. Have fun and enjoy the ride, seriously it is a blast! Let us all know your thoughts along the way:righton:

batman144144 and Clanceman like this.
  23. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Wasn't it established earlier in this thread (or maybe the ABA thread) that the remixing on Creatures amounted to only the title track?

Mark Wilson and 4stringking73 like this.
  24. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Indeed...title track only remix, low end cut for the other songs.

25. 4stringking73

Yes, you are correct, thanks for catching my error.

superstar19 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.