Klipsch Cornwall 4

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Dennis0675, Aug 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive! Thread Starter

2. Dennis0675

Klipsch, a VOXX International Company, announced that its Cornwall IV speakers, from its legendary Heritage series, have received modern acoustic and cosmetic updates that further enhance the replication of the live music performance. Visitors to the RMAF 2019 show will have the chance to hear the improved three-way design, now featuring an updated compression driver and substantial electro-acoustic improvements to the mid and high frequency dispersion. The Klipsch Cornwall IV speakers continue to be designed and handcrafted in the USA.

In 1946 Paul W. Klipsch, inventor, acoustics pioneer and maverick, founded Klipsch Audio with the sole purpose of bringing the power, detail and emotion of the live music experience into his living room, through the use of highly efficient speaker designs, handcrafted cabinetry and a thirst for real engineering breakthroughs. The Klipsch Cornwall model was initially introduced in 1959. Now in its fourth iteration, the three-way design uses horn-loaded compression drivers for the midrange and treble and a direct-radiating 15-inch woofer for low frequencies to deliver the full-range bass response of the Klipschorn with the sensitivity and output approaching the fully horn-loaded models.

New features in the refreshed Cornwall IV speakers include the use of an all new K-702 midrange compression mated to a modified proprietary Tractrix horn with patented Klipsch Mumps technology for even mid frequencies and consistent sound throughout the listening area. A new high-fidelity, steep slope network, was also integrated to improve sound reproduction with best in class efficiency and power handling. New ports with Tractrix flares deliver the most efficient, fastest air transfer in their class, resulting in reduced port noise and clean, more powerful, punchy bass.

Further refinements in the new Klipsch Cornwall IV speakers include a newly designed wide dispersion high frequency phase plug to ensure the last octave matches the coverage pattern of the midrange and high frequency horns. The premium aluminum input panels accommodate large, high-quality speaker cables, while strong binding posts allow for bi-wiring or bi-amping, while an updated passive network now features premium grade AudioQuest internal wiring.

The Klipsch Cornwall IV is available in three real-wood veneer finishes, with satin black ash, American walnut and natural cherry choices to complement modern furnishings. As with the entire Klipsch Heritage series, the Cornwall IV speakers are designed and handcrafted in the USA. Each speaker is grain-matched using wood veneer panels from the same timber, resulting in a speaker pair that is virtually indistinguishable from the other.

Klipsch will debut the new speakers at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in Suite # 7154, September 5-8, 2019 in Denver, CO. The Klipsch Cornwall IV (US MSRP is $2,999 each) speakers will be available through Certified Heritage Dealers.

3. kttealow1

kttealow1 Forum Resident

Dennis0675 --- any way to "re-post" as i do not see the photos?

Dennis0675 likes this.
  4. Dennis0675

They are there for me on my phone and on my laptop.

5. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Are you using an ad-blocker plugin of any kind? That might be way. Images show fine here.

6. I see images fine.

I always liked the Klipsch sound, just never had a space I thought would work with them.

7. Dennis0675

I have very old Cornwalls with new crossovers and I love them. You have to get the right amp but when you do its a good time. They are not my only speakers and I'm very familiar with what they don't do well. The bass is a little flabby and the horn can sound a bit hot depending on your taste and what you are running behind them. And yes, a good sized room is a very good thing.

All of this would like me make the target demographic for the Cornwall 4 and I'm very interest in hearing them. The problem is that I'm not going to drop 6k on new speaker without hearing a demo and Klipsch has virtually no dealer network for for Heritage speakers. I would bet 90% of the sales are going to be people that order online without ever hearing them and get a pallet dropped at their house. I can't do and and I won't do that. That new horn looks pretty sweet but I need to hear that it is MUCH better than I,II or III's before I would ever think about buying.

SBurke, Daedalus, The Pinhead and 4 others like this.
  8. JackG

JackG Forum Resident

Day-um. Looks really cool.

Dennis0675 likes this.
  9. JackG

JackG Forum Resident

Yeah, that's a tough one. I took a leap of faith on my Heresy III (and very glad I did) since they were half-price but $6000 and likely a pretty significant return shipping charge is a different story. Plus, I have nowhere to fit them. :)

The Pinhead and Dennis0675 like this.
  10. Dennis0675

Looks a lot like the Crites Cornscala

[​IMG]

11. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

The mid horn with the 'mumps' has long been a favorite among klipschaphiles, they have been used in pro models such as the ki 396 and people rave about them. To me, this what the Cornwall III should have been.

The Pinhead and jusbe like this.
  12. russk

russk Forum Resident

Finally fixed the squaker. That’s awesome

13. Dennis0675

I just read there is also a heresy 4 coming out, not sure what that change is going to be. Generally they have the same parts as the Cornwall’s but I don’t think the new horn would fit.

russk likes this.
  14. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

Gorgeous!

SandAndGlass and Dennis0675 like this.
  15. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

The images are hosted on Facebook. If you have privacy or adblocking tools restricting Facebook then you may not see the images.

16. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

Here's two of the images resized and rehosted on imgur:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

17. IRG

IRG Forum Resident

Very nice. I don't have the space either, most likely. Nor the funds right now.

The Heresy IV might be interesting...

18. Benzion

Benzion "Cogito, ergo sum" Forum Resident

Drooling. Need another room for these... Bet they would sound sweet with my 300B amp.

IanL, Echoes Myron and SandAndGlass like this.
  19. Ken Clark

Ken Clark Forum Resident

Want! Want! Want!

20. cadeallaw

cadeallaw Forum Resident

21. dmckean

dmckean Forum Resident

The Cornwall III was a step backward, the Cornwall IV should sound great.

22. Abbagold

Abbagold Working class hero

I’ve got a Cornwall I, Crites upgrades and puttied horns. This looks much better!

russk and Balthazar like this.
  23. jusbe

jusbe Modern Melomaniac

I need to hear these.

Dennis0675 likes this.
  24. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

I’d consider selling my Cornwalls and some other gear I no longer use to get these.

Dennis0675 likes this.
  25. SKATTERBRANE

SKATTERBRANE Forum Resident

Well its about time. Just sold my Cornwall IIIs and so glad to get rid of them. The cabinet resonance blurred the midrange detail that both my Forte I and Forte II really excel at.

But I doubt the cabinet resonance has been "cured" on the Cornwall IV. But I am confident the midrange has been improved in any event.

SandAndGlass likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.