Kraftwerk 2004 The Catalogue Sound quality compared to original Cd's

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Maidenpriest, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Theadmans

Theadmans Forum Resident

....Well finally found time to listen to my German Sanyo Japan pressed Die Mensch Maschine CD tonight. There is NO drop out at 2.12-2.14 on Spacelab on my CD.

Have to say what a fine sounding CD this is ! Remember feeling slightly disappointed by the sound compared to vinyl back in 1986 when I bought the disc. However, at the time I was using a Phillips 14 Bit CD player. Now from a Raspberry Pi Wolfson Audio Card playing FLAC via SqueezePlug into a Beresford Caiman SEG DAC via a highly modified Musical Fidelity X10D tube buffer it sounds superb. The disc and all inlays in it's original Jewel Case is in entirely Mint Condition - just like the day I bought it over 30 years ago !

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    Yost and Front 242 Addict like this.
  2. Front 242 Addict

Front 242 Addict Forum Resident

Thank you Theadmans for sharing your impression regarding the sound and regarding the glitch.
    musically it's a fantastic album, I love all the tracks on the album but Neon lights it's my favorite track, such an amazing song , listen to the song it's like swimming in a pool of mesmerizing / beautiful sounds , the sounds in the song are just gorgeous and glorious.

wolfram likes this.
  3. Theadmans

Theadmans Forum Resident

..well yes Front 242 Addict - you are totally right - Neon Lights (originally issued in Luminous Green Vinyl) sounds so "Luminous" here on this CD it kills me every time! I think this is yet another example of how early CDs sounded superb all along - but were hampered by the quality of CD Players at the time. Today with modern equipment they often sound better than todays remasters.

Front 242 Addict likes this.
  4. albertop

albertop Well-Known Member

A few months ago, @The_Windmill suggested to start a new "Kraftwerk All Albums Comparison Thread" here. Maybe something like the Genesis - Early CD versions thread?
    I am happy to take up the challenge (as mentioned here). It seems there's already a lot of information to process from this thread, but if you have more data please let me know :)

5. albertop

albertop Well-Known Member

New thread available: Kraftwerk – Early CD versions thread (pre-2009 remasters)