Kraftwerk 3D - release?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by It's Felix, Apr 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's Felix

It's Felix It's not really me Thread Starter

down to 115 euros on amazon.de

azjvm05 likes this.
  2. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

Haven't heard the 3D versions yet, but the original album version was half German, half English.

3. AndyH

AndyH Forum Resident

The blurays are superb, and whoever described the book as ludicrous (in a good way) was spot on.

I should put that mini review in context.. I've had quite a bit of wine after a long week and am typing this in the dark with 3D glasses on. Amp is playing the Dolby TrueHD track. It's a good sub workout. Very aggressive surround but very immersive.

Curious what the vinyl would be like. My only experience of Kraftwerk vinyl is Man Machine back in the day, and I hadn't quite got into audio snobbery at that point!!

Dave 81828384 likes this.
  4. Dave 81828384

Dave 81828384 Unremarkable Member

I'm pleasantly surprised that amazon.uk has sent my blu-ray by UPS with an expected delivery on Monday. I only paid for standard delivery and was expecting it to be sent via Royal Mail, then Canada Post, and finally about 2 weeks later I would get it.

JackDVD78 and azjvm05 like this.
  5. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

When did you see that? When I checked half an hour ago, it was at € 136, which is still € 34 down from what it was listed for this morning. And € 9 cheaper than jpc, where I had ordered it today. So I cancelled and went for the Amazon offer. I feel a little bad because I would prefer to support jpc, but at these prices I take every cent I can save.

6. Tons of dithering on the Web FLAC, probably the same for the CD

7. JackDVD78

JackDVD78 Forum Resident

Got mine finally delivered afer Amazon shipping thought their local service possibly lost it. It's beeen an ordeal all afternoon.

Needless to say the box set does come already cardboard boxed and then Amazon ships it in their box. Mine was mint condition the box set is massive

The book is heavy! Very high quality I didn't want to touch it except with vinyl power free gloves.

The discs are housed in a nice thick cool case but the disc holders are those bad one that make it hard to remove discs. Once you remove them put them in your own casss is what I'm doing for easier access.

I plan on watching a Decent amount of the first disc tonite with a friend. He has never heard of the group so I think the Atmos and 3D will occupy him.

I'll be placing some thoughts over on this thread for audio video etc.

Kraftwerk 3D boxset - Reviews ONLY, no release dates, or other details

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    negative1 and azjvm05 like this.
  8. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

I listened to the single CD release on Google Music today while hiking and I think it's great. No crowd noise at all!

My Bluray set is in transit from the UK so I'll probably not be able to review it for a while - but if the eschew the crowd on the blurays I'l be very happy.

JackDVD78 likes this.
  9. JackDVD78

JackDVD78 Forum Resident

I just watched with my friend who came over Autobahn to the title track of RadioActivity but I could tell he wasn't feeling it so I ended it there.

Honestly he was destroying the flow. Usually when I listen to Kraftwerk I'm usually just laying on my bed mellow and just thinking and letting the music pass over me. I dont think he knew what to expect of their music.

But I will say my favorite so far is RadioActivity was a nice variation on the song. That is probably my favorite album track of theirs. Album version I can just loop. :)

azjvm05 likes this.
  10. It's Felix

It's Felix It's not really me Thread Starter

About 7pm last night. Sorry if it is back up again it was pretty cheap.

11. wolfram

Yeah, too bad I missed that. But I'll live.

12. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

There is a single CD release?

13. jsb!

jsb! Forum Resident

Argh! So there is. And my purchase (preordered) was of the non-MFiT version. Which was the only one at the time.

I'm going to wait a day or two & see if they clean it up. If they do, I'll re-download the MFiT version. If they don't, I'll write a letter of complaint- Apple are usually pretty good about things like this.

14. oh1

oh1 Forum Resident

Not as yet. The highlights complilation is only physically available on double vinyl or 3D/2D bluray/DVD.

15. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

Don't feel bad about jpc! Where amazon are so big they are incompetent, jpc are outright liars who will not take responsibility for errors! I will not use them.

16. Dave 81828384

Dave 81828384 Unremarkable Member

There is a single "CD" version available for download and streaming.

17. jenssen

jenssen Well-Known Member

just ordered for 109 euro's on Amazon.de

18. jr7936

jr7936 Active Member

just got the lower price for the 8 cd set from amazon.de after it shipped out
    total came to EUR 38.99 which makes it about the same price as ordering the english language one after conversion

19. Maurice

Maurice Senior Member

FYI, the German 8 CD edition is on sale today (along with a bunch of other items) on Amazon DE. After VAT was taken off and shipping was included, it still only came to a hair over $40. Here's an article with the details:

20 Superb German Deals - today only

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  20. fumi

fumi Forum Resident

Hi there,

Does anyone have a high quality image of the alternate cover in blue?

Kind Regards

21. fumi

fumi Forum Resident

My Blu-Ray arrived today and as I'm playing it on my PC, the screen is effectively split in two. Is this something to do with the 3D effect?
    I'm a bit confused now.

22. fRa

fRa Conny Olivetti - Sound Alchemist

23. JackDVD78

JackDVD78 Forum Resident

I'm awful at doing good album cover art scans etc.... but I am hoping that someone can upload some great high res versions over at https://albumartexchange.com Great site for nice cover scans. You need to signup with a login to get artwork without a watermark but it is worth it IMO.

24. fumi

fumi Forum Resident

25. wolfram

Are you guys kidding me? As soon as I go to work the price drops massively? The German box has gone up to € 170 again. How can a set like this go up and down in a range of over € 60 in just a few hours? This is crazy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.