Kraftwerk 3D - release?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by It's Felix, Apr 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I was correcting myself in the other post. I just came home and took a short sight to those articles. Have to read them more detailed now.

2. Does anyone else think the sole purpose of this 3-D release is to counter The Beatles' threads in the SHF?!! Ralf is a shrewd guy and he knows Kraftwerk was far more influential than The Beatles so he's probably getting his own back on SHF members for going over-board about Sgt. Pepper Deluxe and everything else..........:D

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    richard a, Michael D, Jimijam and 2 others like this.
  3. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

4. Dave 81828384

Dave 81828384 Unremarkable Member

Well that brought back memories.

Billy Infinity likes this.
  5. redsmith7887

redsmith7887 Forum Resident

I think I want....

6. albertop

albertop Forum Resident

For me the only valid purchase is the 4 Blu Ray box set. This music is great in 5.1 (as proved by Minimum-Maximum) and we are now getting the full catalogue in surround sound (even if as a new live recording). I'd also love to see the 3D show, it's an integral part of the performance!
    So, in this specific case I wouldn't buy an audio-only version, either CD or digital download just for the different mix. I better start saving for the big box :agree:!!!

Electric Sydney likes this.
  7. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I liked the trailer. Think I gonna buy the box sometime.

8. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Maybe studio re-recordings combined with the stage visuals.

9. rtalwani

rtalwani Forum Resident

My guess is that when Ralf is no longer able to release/rerelease the Catalogue in one version or another, live or otherwise, and before he releases actual new material, he will surrender and release the "lost" albums.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  10. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Ahem ...

11. I hear you but for me personally Kraftwerk was always more about the music. The minimalist visuals were certainly part of the aesthetic and were added to the live show when they became more popular but that was, in part, to embellish a 'live' performance given by four rather 'static guys' behind a bank of machines and cables. It helped to sell their original ideas and concept. Today the visuals are arguably more important as Kraftwerk has become a very static art installation with four old guys behind laptops / work stations! As some others have already said, I'm not sure there is much mileage in watching this at home on a small screen. The music is timeless and can be enjoyed anywhere, even on the move, so I think the audio will suffice for me.

12. Don't bet on it! If you understand Ralf and Kraftwerk you will know that those albums do not fit the modern aesthetic at all and consequently they will never see an authorised re-release. The 'catalogue' is 1,2,3....8. How would the first 3 be titled? "-1, -2, -3"? Would Tone Float be "0"? ;)

13. rtalwani

rtalwani Forum Resident

Much of the live performances I attended seemed prerecorded. Perhaps that's why it doesn't sound live. :)
    Don't get me wrong, I thought they were great, just not 100 percent live.

14. Dave 81828384

As someone wrote on SDE, juno downloads has The Robots and Die Roboter.

15. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

If the only footage was of them on stage it would be the least essential live video recording ever, you may as well look at a photograph. However as the Blu-rays contain surround sound and probably lots of screen images, then I think they may well be necessary.

SteveM likes this.
  16. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

They are not even on stage for The Robots ...

SteveM likes this.
  17. rtalwani

rtalwani Forum Resident

My favorite Kraftwerk is side 2 of -1 (Ralf and Florian). It would be a shame if never released. But I figure Ralf will need some cash flow at some point.

18. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

There was a discussion about that on another thread. I liked the idea of 4 or 5 CDs (including the Radio Bremen performance from 1971) combined in a box called Kling Klang.

19. Sevoflurane

Sevoflurane Forum Resident

I am heavily intrigued by the "Headphone 3D" versions mentioned on the track listing in the Amazon link. What's that about? I can feel a purchase coming on, and am looking forward to seeing them in June.

shantysnowman and SteveM like this.
  20. rtalwani

rtalwani Forum Resident

You don't think they were playing live in the dressing room?

Abhijit Nath and andrewskyDE like this.
  21. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Was wondering about, too. Is it true that 5.1 surround sound can actually be heard on conventional stereo headphones through music that includes binaural sounds?

22. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

My assumption is that it is all pre-recorded except (possibly) for some of his vocals. The live mix probably varies each time, I think some of the other members are checking their facebook status etc on their laptops.

PBo likes this.
  23. morgan1098

morgan1098 Forum Resident

The hype sticker on the 8CD set mentions this "headphone 3d" thing... but only on Disc 7, which would be "The Mix." What the heck does this mean?
    [​IMG]

SteveM and andrewskyDE like this.
  24. Dave 81828384

:tsk:

25. The graphics are purposefully simple, archaic and often naive whilst the 'film' is often vintage / black and white. It's hardly going to push the BD format to its limits! I accept the point about surround mixes though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.