Kraftwerk 3D - release?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by It's Felix, Apr 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maurice

Maurice Senior Member

I suppose you're right. For my part, it's my favorite album of theirs so I'm actually happy to think of it now as a free bonus disc of the English language edition to go alongside the German language edition in the box itself.

Electric Sydney and wolfram like this.
  2. rtalwani

rtalwani Forum Resident

Same here, after only one email request. It's nice to have the complete correct German language cd set, especially since my vinyl and BD sets are the English language versions.

Electric Sydney likes this.
  3. Electric Sydney

Electric Sydney Forum Resident

I'm still waiting, after two emails I may have to send one more.

frank3si and rtalwani like this.
  4. CrombyMouse

CrombyMouse Forum Resident

Guys, who attended their current 3-D tour recently? How does it look like? What's your opinion?

They will be playing in SPb, Russia in February and I'm considering to attend.

5. Maurice

Maurice Senior Member

I've seen this 3-D tour twice now, both times I thought it was fantastic, absolutely mesmerizing. However, I do think the visual effects are improved if you're sitting towards the middle of the orchestra section (or whatever the equivalent would be at the venue) rather than right up front. But otherwise, go!

CrombyMouse likes this.
  6. CrombyMouse

CrombyMouse Forum Resident

Did you wear 3D-glasses? Because I wear eyeglasses and it's difficult to wear two pairs.

7. surfling

surfling Forum Resident

you will absolutely need the 3D glasses. but i've seen lots of people wear them on top of their regular glasses, so it seems to work.

go see the show. it's totally worth it. i must have seen the 3D show a dozen times now and they keep refining the sound and image quality. the current 3D video wall is spectacular (no more projection).

CrombyMouse likes this.
  8. Maurice

Maurice Senior Member

Yes, I now have two pairs from each show, both now stored inside my copy of Der Katalog.

Electric Sydney likes this.
  9. zwolo

zwolo Forum Resident

this Blu-ray surround is unreal! is anybody still enjoying it? It blows me away every time I put it on.

10. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

I certainly still enjoy it quite regularly. Incredible stuff for a surround fan like me.

mark winstanley likes this.
  11. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

It's one of the first things I reached for when I bought my replacement surround system and - even though I don’t have the additional two Atmos speakers - I think that it has the most impressive sound field of any surround mix I own. Rather than feeling that my head was in a well-mixed 5.1 configuration of instruments, like I do with a lot of the Steven Wilson remixes, I found that pretty much every way I turned my head the music was present in much the same way: a by-product, surely, of the fact that these are synthesisers and not to the brain “directional” in the same way as a band featuring acoustic instruments. Either way, these will certainly be amongst my reference discs for surround, joining Jean-Michel Jarre's Aero ... another disc that I listen to exclusively as a surround demo.

Hymie the Robot, stereoptic and zwolo like this.
  12. SlimLee

SlimLee Forum Resident

I can't speak for the 5.1 surround mix, but I have to say, the stereo mixes on this set are fantastic. I've been revisiting the 8CD box, and I truly think this may be one of the best mixed releases I've heard (at least in electronic music). Everything is perfectly balanced, and the use of the stereo field is an integral part of the performance. Some may suggest that Kraftwerk aren't pioneering anymore with new compositions, but they've really knocked it out of the park with the production value on this set.

GordonM, surfling, fRa and 5 others like this.
  13. fRa

fRa Conny Olivetti - Sound Alchemist

Have not bought it yet, but your post surely makes me interested
    Anyone knows if the German edition is available still?

14. surfling

surfling Forum Resident

couldn't have put it any better.
    I had the same feelings exactly about the last official album TdFS.
    whatever you may think about the music (I think it's mostly excellent), but the mix is near perfect.

15. SlimLee

SlimLee Forum Resident

I couldn't say for sure, but I went and checked Kraftwerk's official webstore and noticed it's down for maintenance. Hopefully that means there's a revamp coming, and possibly some new products!

fRa likes this.
  16. SlimLee

SlimLee Forum Resident

I agree with you. What more, I believe the versions of Boing Boom Tschak/Technopop/Music Non-Stop in this collection are the ultimate versions of those songs. The mix really enhances the theme of the suite (electronic dance music), by immersing the listener inside the music. When I listen to it in headphones, I really feel like I'm inside a drum machine or computer while the music is being performed, and the synth notes and drum patterns are all around me. The rest of the Technopop album really benefitted from these new arrangements too (minus perhaps the instrumental Telephone Call).

17. Thank you for this!

18. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident

From Discogs:

The download code is incorrect: ".com" must be entered in the url instead of ".net".

scobb and Jimijam like this.
  19. negative1

negative1 80s retro fan

There is a 1 cd version of 12345678 coming out in a week or two, for those that just want a short version
    sampler of the tracks.

Will be getting it for my brother. It's in english.

[​IMG]
    Single disc CD edition of last year’s 3-D: The Catalogue set. This abridged edition is English language and features highlights from each of Kraftwerk’s 8 x classic albums.

This is the tracklisting for the German version, I'm pretty sure the English will be the same. (Couldn't find a current listing)
    =======================================================================================
    1 A U T O B A H N
    14:27

2 G E I G E R Z Ä H L E R
    3 R A D I O A K T I V I T Ä T
    00:31
    06:14

4 T R A N S E U R O P A E X P R E S S
    5 M E T A L L A U F M E T A L L
    6 A B Z U G
    03:21
    02:08
    02:24

7 D I E M E N S C H – M A S C H I N E
    05:07

8 N U M M E R N
    9 C O M P U T E R W E L T
    02:58
    03:22

10 B O I N G B O O M T S C H A K
    11 T E C H N O P O P
    12 M U S I K N O N S T O P
    02:33
    02:46
    07:44

13 D I E R O B O T E R
    07:44

14 T O U R D E F R A N C E
    15 P R O L O G U E
    16 E T A P E 1
    17 C H R O N O
    18 E T A P E 2
    04:17
    00:27
    03:46
    01:12
    04:59

T O T A L - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    01:16:03

later

Maurice likes this.
  20. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

That's a nice option for casual fans. Sort of an updated version of "The Mix".

Sytze, Shvartze Shabbos and Maurice like this.
  21. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

It certainly is, and this one is chronological. Bought the cd box, but couldn't help myself and bought the (German) 1cd as well last year. Nice addition, and the packaging (jewel case in slipcase) matches the individual 2009 remasters ☺

wolfram likes this.
  22. jamo spingal

jamo spingal Forum Resident

Just listened to the 3D album on Spotify highest steaming quality. Wow, just like the live concert last year. Having said that, the live sound was far superior than normal. If I had a 5.1 setup I would buy the Blu-Ray.

wolfram likes this.
  23. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

I still "need" to buy the 1 CD German version. Got the CD box and the vinyl box. Waiting for another 3-for-2 deal on the German Amazon to pick-up the BluRay box as well.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  24. PJC68

PJC68 Forum Resident

I bought the 2 x LP version when it came out and got a free big A1 poster of the album release

25. rikpepe

rikpepe Active Member

Me too! I am and always will love this MASTERWORK- this is incredible stuff - if people don't like this and people don't respect this effort then they must not have a decent ATMOS setup and no 3D.
    As it has been said before many years ago in a most astute way- People are blind deaf and dumb lemmings and would rather kill their prophets than be enlightened.

"And put in your earplugs
    Put on your eye shades
    You know where to put the cork"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.