Kraftwerk 3D - release?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by It's Felix, Apr 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

I`ll raise you your Sgt. Pepper Box, Krafwerk box, Jethro Tull and throw in my Nick Cave*, Bert Jansch*, Paul Weller* box setsand Chris Robimson Betty`s Blends Vol III (LP & CD).*

*Those are the April, May & June pre-orders I remember from the top of my head, this music fixation has gotta stop.

Michael D and Kim Olesen like this.
  2. RPM

RPM Forum Resident

Not excited about this at all. I'd like to see Japanese shm cd papersleeve deluxe editions of the original albums, both English and German in one package, with bonus single versions. Also a vintage live video material. This is boring.

3. Raf

Raf Senior Member

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  4. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Well, whether its all live, partially live or not live at all it is still a special "live" experience when you are there. On disc, not so much.

5. albertop

albertop Forum Resident

:confused:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. RPM

RPM Forum Resident

Some words please...

7. albertop

albertop Forum Resident

I understand you were probably expecting or hoping for something different, but this doesn't automatically mean the new release is going to be boring.

Dave 81828384 likes this.
  8. RPM

RPM Forum Resident

To me Kraftwerk are boring with all this recycling. Maybe it is interesting to newer fans but I finished with them right after The Mix, to be honest. Till 2004 Catalogue announcement there was still a mystery about them that was keeping some old fire burning, but after that with the massive touring and exploiting the material it all went away, even Florian got sick and tired of it. Now, with one original member, a programmable music that is being chewed over and over again is not something that attracts my attention.

9. albertop

albertop Forum Resident

Minimum-Maximum is the only live concert available to date, and in 5.1, to my knowledge. I honestly don't see the recycling you are talking about, sorry.

Billy Infinity and negative1 like this.
  10. RPM

RPM Forum Resident

That was almost 15 years ago. What's new since then in the Kraftwerk realm? Nothing, just recycling, live, no matter it isn't published. Do you expect the new live album to bring the old stuff in a new dimension? It won't.

Millington likes this.
  11. bonjo

bonjo Forum Resident

Of the two.

Billy Infinity and Dave 81828384 like this.
  12. RPM

RPM Forum Resident

:) It still made some sense with two original members.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  13. albertop

albertop Forum Resident

Who cares about a new dimension :)
    I already said I'll buy it for the 3-D show and the 5.1 mix. I love the usual old stuff.

D.H. likes this.
  14. bonjo

bonjo Forum Resident

Ralf Hutter is going to be 71 this year, I doubt we can expect a groundbreaking new work from him anytime soon.

I'm not really familiar with their live shows in recent years, but I'll definitely get this just to see/hear what they've done with the songs. A new release from Kraftwerk, even if it's just live recordings, is still a good thing.

albertop and Dave 81828384 like this.
  15. RPM

RPM Forum Resident

I do too, but it is not offered here imo. That's why I said a vintage video material would be more pleasing.

16. RPM

RPM Forum Resident

That's for sure. I'd rather see them reunite as the original four and give us a classic show like it is 1981, with Wolfgang Flur on the electronic drums he created. FFS they are still alive!
    Well, then you may enjoy it.

17. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

A lot of older composers recycle old material and call it a new work. There's a certain admirable minimalism about the fact that Kraftwerk seem to have decided that their 'catalogue' is complete: it would be trivially easy for them to put together a new track in the classic style.

18. RPM

RPM Forum Resident

To avoid confusion - I don't look, ask or expect a new Kraftwerk material, just conclude that what is going on with them is getting, well, boring.

19. Maurice

Maurice Senior Member

OK, I've got a pre-order in on the Amazon DE site for the German edition 3-D Der Katalog. I'm hoping that this will be a German-language edition but even if it's not at least the title will match my copy of the original Der Katalog box set. However, I'm holding off on ordering the DVD/Blu-Ray combo from the UK because I want to confirm the region code on the set before I buy it. (Or at least until a US retailer puts it up for pre-sale.) On the Amazon UK product description, the region code for both the DVD and Blu Ray is listed as ABC. I know that means the Blu-Ray should be compatible in the US but before I purchase this I want to know that the DVD will work on US players as well.

3-D The Catalogue [DVD AUDIO]: Amazon.co.uk: Music

D.H. likes this.
  20. Blackbear

Blackbear Forum Resident

I'm a huge Kraftwerk fan, but I can't get excited about this new release. I don't think I can sit through yet another version of "the Robots" - they have been remixing, repackaging most of this stuff for 30 years now. I can still remember the long wait for new material after Electric Cafe - then along came "Expo 2000" which I liked a lot. Ralf keeps a tight control over things and has been promising new stuff for a long time now but I'm not sure what the point of the band is now.

21. Dave 81828384

Dave 81828384 Unremarkable Member

I think it's unlikely that it would be region-locked. It would be great if we could see the back of the box assuming the details (resolution, region, etc) are printed there as they most often are.

Maurice likes this.
  22. It's Felix

It's Felix It's not really me Thread Starter

You don't have to like them. It's totally fine. Maybe just relax a little and listen to the music you do like instead.

Billy Infinity likes this.
  23. RPM

RPM Forum Resident

I do like them, used to be a die hard fan. Even did an effort and met them in person.
    No need to be so sensitive if someone expresses unfavorable opinion of your currently favorite band. In your own words - maybe just relax a little.:agree:

Max Florian likes this.
  24. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

I'm a bit like that. Buying everything in German and English. On cd and vinyl. Until now, I guess. This is getting expensive.

25. Millington

Millington Forum Resident

You are so right! I still listen & love Kraftwerk upto Electric Cafe. But when the Mix came out, it was plain to see that they are their own tribute band.

Once a forward looking group are just reproducing sounds out of their laptops, on stage. No new material, same old!

I can imagine they are paying their gas bill on line, when "performing".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.