Kraftwerk 3D - release?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by It's Felix, Apr 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mbe

Mbe Forum Resident

2. Yost

Yost “It’s only impossible until it’s not”

I think it's not, and Tour de France Soundtracks proved that to me.

3. TwentySmallCigars

TwentySmallCigars Forum Resident

As opposed to the good old days when they used to duckwalk across the stage and wow us all with their twin lead guitar work and impressive drum solos.

4. Sevoflurane

Sevoflurane Forum Resident

:laugh:

As much as I love Minimum-Maximum, Florian's robot moves more during the one song than he does in the whole show. The only time he looks enthusiastic is when he leaves the stage.

SteveM likes this.
  5. If one ordered the four Blu-ray audio - video box than anything else is redundant, and lower sound quality like the 8 CD set, correct? And of course this takes into consideration that you have a higher end Blu-ray player for the audio content.

6. rtalwani

rtalwani Forum Resident

Yeah, well, he stuck it out as long as he could but the DVD makes pretty clear that his heart was no longer in it.

Sevoflurane likes this.
  7. fumi

fumi Forum Resident

I am also disappointed. Endless recycling. If you've got the energy to tour, you've the energy to write new material.
    Fifteen years of rinsing 'the catalogue'. No more, thanks.

Millington likes this.
  8. Millington

Millington Forum Resident

I think the last straw, for him. Was being made to wear that hi-viz grid jump suit.

9. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

Wow, tough crowd. We get the whole Kraftwerk output in 5.1, probably hi-res and 3D visuals on top and people complain that no new material is coming out (even though everyone seems to agree that it wouldn't be worth it anyhow).

So what would excite you guys at this point?

10. Millington

Millington Forum Resident

Ralf & Florian get back, to their classical roots - for the complete Kraftwerk works.

On a Pianoforte by Ralf. Flute & woodwind by Florian.

Maybe the other 2 bods could join in on harp & vibes, if the material calls for it!

wolfram likes this.
  11. negative1

negative1 80s retro fan

God no, ears bleeding, losing consciousness.

later

shantysnowman likes this.
  12. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

Endless endless... ;-)

freemanl, albertop and Yost like this.
  13. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

Runicen and Shvartze Shabbos like this.
  14. RPM

RPM Forum Resident

Already wrote it, but again:

- publishing the original albums in Japanese mini lp replica format with all the possible extras i.e. a deluxe edition (singles, language variations, unreleased versions like the Italian Pocket Calculator). Maybe a vinyl counterpart also. I don't like the Catalogue design shift from the original (Techno Pop renaming etc)

- Vintage videos and live video material

- Reunification as the original four and a show that would be in the 1981 visual/sound identity, not the 90's fluorescent tights, The Mix robot dolls and laptop staring. Maybe also a Ralph And Florian pre Autobahn material played live.

- Eventually a new material that would surprise us

Runicen and wolfram like this.
  15. Yost

Yost “It’s only impossible until it’s not”

This. +1

16. RPM

RPM Forum Resident

17. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

richard a likes this.
  18. richard a

richard a Forum Resident

Yes to most of this, except the going back to the 1981 tour? Why on earth would it be beneficial for Kraftwerk to go back to something they did 35 years ago?
    And what original four? I assume you mean the Ralf, Florian, Wolfgang and Karl line-up, but there had been plenty of line-ups before this, and just as many aftewards, all of which are Kraftwerk.
    Currently Henning has been working for the band for nearly 40 years, and has been an onstage member since 1991, while Fritz has been a full member since 1990, so surely their places in the band are at least as important as Wolfgang (1973 - 1986) and Karl (1975 - 1990)?

QQQ, shantysnowman and Dave 81828384 like this.
  19. onlyconnect

onlyconnect The prose and the passion

I am looking forward to this release but still confused.

1. Are the video performances the same as on the CDs?
    2. Are there both German and English language versions of the videos (ie different performances)?
    3. Are there both German end English language versions of the CD? (ditto)?

Tim

Bgf1973 likes this.
  20. RPM

RPM Forum Resident

Well they are currently stuck with the post Mix looks/ appearance and I like the pre Mix better, that's real Kraftwerk to me. I completely agree with Wolfgang in the text:
    "Remembering our appearances during the 70s and the 80s, so much had moved on. But I understand that today's Kraftwerk fans won't be able to sense this. We used to move; these robots don't. The non-performance of Kraftwerk Mark III made me yawn"
    Yes, I agree, just used the phrase "original four" to make it simpler to understand. Maybe the "usual four" or "most known to the public four" is more precise.

21. bonjo

bonjo Forum Resident

At first I thought you were being serious...

Kim Olesen likes this.
  22. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

Sorry. I wasn't.

23. Bgf1973

Bgf1973 Forum Resident

I hope a german edition of blu ray and vinyl edition. I think they sound better in german

Bernardo

QQQ, Dave 81828384 and rtalwani like this.
  24. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

I'd be interested to know what soundtrack there is for the third and fourth blu-rays. If the bonus content is genuinely the projection content then in principle it should be a duplicate of the sound options on the first & second ... but if that's the case then it would have made more sense to issue the sets as two concerts per BR instead of four.

25. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

So this will be the first Kraftwerk release without any Florian input.
    Also strange to think that since the departure of Karl Bartos, 27 (!) years ago, there hasn't been a Kraftwerk album without a Bartos co-writing credit (Expo 2000 is the only release without it).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.