Kreator Reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dennis1077, May 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dennis1077

dennis1077 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Nightbreed likes this.
  2. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

Didn't know about the Voivoid or Kreator reissues. If they are done well, I might be interested. If they are done in the same manner as many metal reissues, definitely NOT interested.

rnranimal and Dudley Morris like this.
  3. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

I just preordered three of them. I decided to skip Endless Pain. I might get that one at a later time. I'm excited to hear these.

4. eric777

I got my autorips for the three I ordered. I am currently listening to the Pleasure To Kill remaster. I haven't heard the originals for these three in over 25 years so I can not do a comparison ;however, I can say that these are not as loud as they could have been which is good. They are still compressed with an average dr of 8 for Pleasure To Kill. The other two are around 9. The sound isn't bad at all.

patient_ot and Todd W. like this.
  5. Sentient Six

Sentient Six Forum Resident

Extreme Aggression is worth it for the live disc alone.

6. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

Might have to get these...look forward to more feedback/reviews.

7. eric777

It would appear that a mistake was made on the digital versions. Some of the tracks I got from my auto rips were the original versions and not the remasters so I have to keep adjusting the volume. I contacted Noise records and they assured me it was a mistake and the CDs should be fine.

8. PopularChuck

PopularChuck Senior Member

My experience with metal has been that digital downloads invariably sound better than vinyl... I've found this with Myrkur, Agalloch, A Forest of Stars, and others...

9. four sticks

four sticks Senior Member

eric777 likes this.
  10. eric777

four sticks likes this.
  11. four sticks

four sticks Senior Member

eric777 likes this.
  12. eric777

No problem at all. I just thought I'd mention it. :wave:

four sticks likes this.
  13. Sentient Six

Sentient Six Forum Resident

How do the remastered versions sound?

14. eric777

Well, they are louder but not as loud as many modern remasters. The drums stand out a lot more also. Definitely more bass.

15. abbeyroad2

abbeyroad2 Forum Resident

I picked up Pleasure To Kill. Basically sounds like the volume has been turned up. Instruments and vocals are more separated and clearer. Which is ironic because the cover art is blurry. I guess they couldn't "remaster" the artwork? Nice booklet though. Lots to read. Definitely worth $11 US. I'll be getting the rest soon.

eric777 likes this.
  16. metalmunk84

metalmunk84 Forum Resident

Anybody here listen to the vinyl remasters of "Terrible Certainty" and "Extreme Aggression"? TC is a double LP which includes the "Out Of The Dark...Into The Light" on disc 2. EA is a triple LP which contains their Live In East Berlin concert on discs 2 and 3.

17. eric777

I got my CDs today. At this point, these are my favorite releases this year. Definitely worth the money. The bonus discs for Terrible Certainty and Extreme Aggression are definitely better then the average bonus discs I usually end up getting.

My only complaint is the packaging. Even though the cases are the hardback digi-book style, the CDs are in sleeves which I hate. At least none of them had scratches. Still they are worth purchasing.

abbeyroad2 likes this.
  18. abbeyroad2

abbeyroad2 Forum Resident

I totally agree. They did a great job on these. I picked up Endless Pain and Extreme Aggression yesterday. Still need Terrible Certainty.

eric777 likes this.
  19. heartbroken_poet

heartbroken_poet Forum Resident

I'm obsessed with the Extreme Aggression album, actually I have several NM copies of various pressings, 1) US Epic Masterdisk DMM (in my opinion, the best, as the album was recorded and mixed in the USA), 2) German Original Noise pressing, awesome pressing, close second to the American one, maybe the standard sound as it was the most available copy, 3) the Noise Scandinavian pressing, great pressing too, but I rank it third, as it is a little less vibrant, as a second generation master copy would sound.

Well you guessed it: I also bought the new reissue/remaster and I have thoroughly compared it to the other pressings, and I have to say, this reissue is REALLY well done, great dynamics, impressive clarity (almost like the original American Epic). The Epic just wins due to a clearly better soundstage more open and holographic, something is quite reduced in the new reissue. But I have to say this is the best metal reissue I have found of any classic metal album. Great transfer from Noise Records, very respectful of the original sound.

The Live in Berlin 1990 is a classic live album which showcases Kreator at their peak. I have seen the video many times, first in VHS format many years ago, and then I got the DVD release which came with the CD version when it came out some years ago, but except a previous limited (and expensive) Italian vinyl release, it is the first time available on vinyl for the general public. It is also great! Powerful and precise sound! And it contains a lot of classic cuts, some of them played even better than on their respective original records.

So on my part I adhere to the above recommendations for this reissue campaign by Noise.

I will get them all, definitely, but I would like the record companies to know that there is no way a new vinyl record is worth $30, and it should be the standard price, as they are currently trying to push. If this will be the future trend I will keep listening to my collection and continue to dive sporadically into the second hand market. In my experience first pressings continue to be unbeatable most of the time. Why should I buy an inferior sounding repress for that money when possibly I'm able to find an original pressing for the same amount or even less?

And are you listening Mastodon? I won't buy your new record for $30. I'll wait until price drops, the same for almost any new reissue.

End of rant.

Dusan, nosliw, Nightbreed and 3 others like this.
  20. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

Ordered the Extreme Aggression 2XCD reissue based on some of the positive comments here, esp. re: the live disc. Looking forward to hearing this album again. My old copy is long gone.

21. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I agree $30 for new vinyl is nuts. Amazon.ca sells all these Noise reissues for $21-25 on CD, also too much.

rnranimal likes this.
  22. This Heat

This Heat Forum Resident

I have the Voivod reissues and a couple of Celtic Frost. Plan on picking up Kreator soon. The vinyl of Voivod's RRRROOOAAARRR is an improvement over my old Combat pressing. The mastering has separation for the instruments so it sounds less like a mushy blur of noise.

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  23. eric777

On Facebook the other day someone asked in the comments of one of Noise records post if Coma Of Souls and Renewal would be reissued with the same treatment as these four. Noise records responded with "yes". It appears that more Kreator remasters will be coming out.

24. heartbroken_poet

heartbroken_poet Forum Resident

Thank you! Awesome news!
    I'm personally expecting to get Renewal.

eric777 likes this.
  25. Chip Z

Chip Z Forum Resident

Thanks for the review and information. But where are you finding Kreator original pressings for "the same amount or even less."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.