‘L.A. Woman’ 40th anniversary 2CD - November 25?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by downer, Nov 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. downer

downer Senior Member Thread Starter

Not sure what his source is, haven't seen it reported anywhere else as yet...

The Doors LA Woman Gets Dressed Up For 40th
    by PAUL CASHMERE on NOVEMBER 13, 2011
    The Doors ‘L.A. Woman’ is getting a 40th anniversary make-over by Rhino Records. A new 2CD version of the classic album by The Doors will be released on November 25.

For the bonus disc two first time releases include The Doors’ versions of Willie Dixon’s ‘(You Need Meat) Don’t Go No Further’ and Barrett Strong’s ‘Money (That’s What I Want) as well as the Jim Morrison composition ‘Orange County Suite.

The release will mark the start of Year of the Doors 2011-2012.

There is also a brand new track with DJ Skrillex featuring Ray Manzarek, John Densmore and Robby Krieger, the three surviving members of The Doors. Ray calls it “the first new Doors track of the 21st Century”.

‘L.A. Woman’ was the 6th album for The Doors and the last album Jim Morrison recorded before his death. The album was released in April, 1971. Morrison died in July, 1971.

The 40th anniversary edition has been completely remastered and features so slightly differing takes on the original album disc.

‘Love Her Madly’ has an extended fade-out making in 18 seconds longer than the original version; ‘Cars Hiss By My Window’ has had an additional verse added making it 4:58 instead of 4:12. ‘L.A. Woman’ includes the guitar intro ‘My Country, ‘Tis Of Thee’ making it 7:59, 10 seconds longer.

downer

2. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

First, we already have a thread running on the 40th anniversary release. Second, I doubt November 25th is correct. Amazon does not list this set. The only upcoming release they list that is related is Mr. Mojo Risin', a making of documentary, on DVD and Blu-Ray. Both versions are supposed to be released on January 24, 2012.

3. apileocole

apileocole Lush Life Gort

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.