L E N N O N O L O G Y pre-orders begin Saturday July 25th, 2015

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lennonology, Jul 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Natural E

Natural E Forum Resident

My copy just arrived, but I'm saving it to put under the Christmas Tree. :)

2. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member

I got my softback copy yestetday too! Skimmed it and it looks fantastic! Out of town for the next week or so so can't really dig into it until I get back but what I saw was terrific!

lennonology and PhoffiFozz like this.
  3. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

You have awesome discipline. If I cut that deal with myself, I'd rationalize that since the Christmas tree won't be going up for a month I could certainly browse through the book, adding it under the tree at the end of November. But I'm quite the negotiator...with myself ;)

Natural E likes this.
  4. Phil D

Phil D Forum Resident

Firstly, I'm not "bitching", merely stating my regret that as usual, you want John, you get Yoko in equal measure. Maybe I will buy the book, especially in light of Chip's gracious reply to my comments - which was rather more measured than yours. Didn't realize this is a public forum by the way, thanks for the insight.

sami likes this.
  5. Phil D

Phil D Forum Resident

I think you might have convinced me Chip, if the book is half as good as EATHY then it'll be a great read. Unfortunately I have a real problem with YO and it's a great pity she's so entwined with John's latter work with the Beatles and the whole of his solo career.

sami likes this.
  6. Phil D

Phil D Forum Resident

Ordered!

lennonology likes this.
  7. PhoffiFozz

PhoffiFozz Forum Resident

I'm loving the book. Thank you! I'll comment more when I get through it. Excellent Job.

lennonology and BeatleStair like this.
  8. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

Hello, I just ordered your book. Is the book shipping now?
    Wish I could have worked a deal for both books, I'm not the kind of guy that goes for phone calls.
    I'm happy with that I got, so no complaints here.
    Regards.
    Larry

lennonology likes this.
  9. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

I don't want anyone to think that I am criticizing this book on any other level except a monetary one. While I can see it has a lot of info and I am sure it took a lot of work to compile, I just feel that $100 is a lot of money for this book.
    I am sure that I will enjoy it,though not to the extent that I enjoyed Eight Arms To Hold You (one of my favorite Beatle books ever). Recording the Beatles (about the recording equipment, etc) from a few years ago was worth every bit the $100. Maybe it's just me. $100 doesn't buy what it used to buy. Sorry.

yellowballoon likes this.
  10. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

So my copy arrived damaged thanks to the good ol' USPS throwing the box around or something.

I e-mail Chip and he has a perfect replacement copy in my hands in two days. What a guy. What a book!

PhoffiFozz and lennonology like this.
  11. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 V/VIII/MCMLXXVII

Mine arrived the other day. In great shape. I forgot I ordered this so what a nice surprise!

lennonology and rstamberg like this.
  12. helter

helter Forum Resident

I agree with Chip you need to include John and Yoko together their lives were too intertwined to try to separate them in a book of this nature.
    Just skimming through the book the past week will give a review after I spend more time reading it.
    The hard cover is nice quality !
    The photo of John in South Africa in 1980 is awesome!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    PhoffiFozz and lennonology like this.
  13. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

Looks great, can't wait to dive into this. Its raining here so may have to cancel outdoor plans...perfect....

14. lennonology

lennonology Formerly pas10003 Thread Starter

I am proud to announce that as of this evening - EVERY order has been filled. They are all packed and ready for dispatch on Thursday, November 12th as the 11th is a Post Office holiday.

BeatleStair and Zongadude like this.
  15. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Nice one, @lennonology. Any news on a distribution deal for the UK? The shipping costs for this are prohibitive at present.

16. backseat

backseat Italian translator - Paul McCartney's 'The Lyrics'

@lennonology
    Today my copy of the book has arrived. Looks fantastic. I saw your acknowledgent to Mark Lewisohn, which says thanks "for setting the bar so high". I just want to say thank to you Chip, for setting the bar so high. No (Beatle) fan, historian or whatever should miss this book for any reason.

Luca

gswan and lennonology like this.
  17. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 V/VIII/MCMLXXVII

Ol' Chip is taking one from the Grateful Dead playbook.

I got my shipping notice the other day, two weeks after the book arrived. :cheers:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    fishcane likes this.
  18. lennonology

I'm sorry guys (and gals), PayPal is making me link a tracking number to every order!

Chip Madinger
    www.lennonology.com
    NOW SHIPPING (and sending out tracking notices two weeks later)

fishcane and MikeP5877 like this.
  19. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

One thing I have learned from this book so far is that John and I were in Madison Square Garden the same night to see the Ringling Bros/Barnum/Bailey Circus!

helter, lennonology and Clarkophile like this.
  20. lennonology

fishcane and backseat like this.
  21. RayistaGeoff

RayistaGeoff Forum Resident

Burning Shed has what I assume are the softbound copies for £85:

http://www.burningshed.com/store/books/product/365/7148/

Cheaper than ordering them from the States for sure. I'm really torn, but I'm going to be home visiting my parents at some point, probably around Easter, so the question is whether I can spring for the hardbound version, since it's not that much more than what the softbound version would cost me if I got it here.

Any chance that qualifying purchasers (whatever that might mean) can get the e-book version for free if it ever comes to pass? 'Cause that's what I use mostly these days, but wouldn't want to miss out waiting around for it and then have it not happen.

Beatles Bible likes this.
  22. lennonology

The copies being carried by Burning Shed are indeed the softbound copies. I will attempt to keep them stocked - it's not a great savings for those abroad, but it's something.

I do not plan to distribute the hardbacks via Burning Shed - they are too limited at this point. I would say that 90+% of the orders so far have been for the hardback. I do not suspect that any copies will remain come March.

As for an e-book, I seriously doubt that one will ever come to pass. I know that it's a growing market, but it's too big of a risk, considering that it all goes up in smoke if even one person sees fit to distribute the file as if it were their own.

Chip Madinger
    www.lennonology.com
    NOW SHIPPING

Reader and rstamberg like this.
  23. Beatles Bible

Beatles Bible Forum Resident

Thanks for posting that link, RayistaGeoff. For anyone in the UK interested in ordering, this is what a Burning Shed order comes to:

Subtotal: £85.00 GBP
    Shipping: £8.25 GBP
    Total: £93.25 GBP

Ordering a paperback copy from Chip directly is $145 including shipping to the UK, which is around £95. So the only substantial saving is in any import fees that might be applied.

This will probably only be of interest to UK people, so everyone else can tune out now. There are no customs fees for items worth less than £135, but you will pay VAT. Some couriers charge a fixed handling fee if the item incurs any extra charges, which can be an unexpected sting in the tail. One way around this is if the sender would be willing to mark it as a gift worth less than £36/$50.

Has anyone here ordered from the UK and can give us the final cost, including any import fees? Did the package sneak under the radar?

RG, assuming your parents are in the US, personally I'd order now and wait until Easter to collect it. You'd save nearly £30 if you brought back a paperback copy yourself ($100/£66), although presumably your luggage would be a fair bit heavier on the flight back :cry:

lennonology and Paul H like this.
  24. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

In fact, you could order several copies and bring one back for me :)

Beatles Bible and lennonology like this.
  25. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

I'm really loving this book. It's a hard-to-put-down kinda book.

lennonology likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.