Lana Del Rey's Born To Die-3rd album by a female to be on Billboard 200 for 300 weeks

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by BradOlson, Jan 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven Thread Starter

2. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

Somehow that doesn't seem like a big deal. It's an ok album, to me.

3. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Good for her. I like the album. I liked all of her stuff, up to a point. She's kinda lost me now with her latest but 'Ultraviolence" is a freakin' masterpiece.

4. Jackson

Jackson Senior Member

I’m a big supporter of female artists, but she’s someone whose music “and persona” do absolutely nothing for me, this bit of news won’t change that.

5. Tommy Jay

Tommy Jay Forum Resident

She is my favorite artist of the 21st century. I don't care for pop music as a rule, but I find her records sublime...
    I rate her records:

Born To Die---5... a ton of earworms--- full of saucy politically incorrect attitude (which I love!)
    Paradise---4 1/2
    Ultraviolence---5....my introduction to her music--a classic in my opinion which rivals Joni at her confessional best
    Honeymoon--- 5....if sad mood songs is your thing, this is one of the best records you can buy. Beautiful lush production.
    Lust For Life---4...I fully respect Lana's determination to evolve as an artist. This album is not a masterpiece, but full of excellent songs. I agree with critics that it is too long. I would have cut four songs.

My last three live shows have been Dylan, Bryan Ferry, and Kris Kristofferson. They were all wonderful. I'm gonna see Lana live next week and I gotta say, I'm more excited about this show than I was seeing my old favorites.

I know music is subjective and people like what they like, but don't dismiss her out of hand from the many bashers on this forum. Check her out for your self. I'm so glad I did.

6. BradOlson

But there are massive numbers of people who like this news.

Black Magic Woman likes this.
  7. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

8. BradOlson

Me too since the only major Top 40 pop radio hit from the album is "Summertime Sadness" (albeit in a dance remix form)

9. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

Still in at 304 weeks and moved up to the 19th longest charting album overtaking Back to Black and right behind the Oklahoma! Original soundtrack. Go Lana!

10. ribonucleic

ribonucleic Forum Resident

Unfortunately, the "record book" is a mess due to the interpolation of a separate catalog chart for a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.