Las Vegas Record Stores?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by backeast, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. backeast

backeast Forum Resident Thread Starter

I realized my upcoming Vegas vacation takes place during RSD this April. Assuming there is anything on the list I find worth the hassle, where is the best place for Record Store Day in Sin City?

2. sirmikael

sirmikael Forum Resident

I personally visited 11st Street Records last April (not during RSD), and here are my thoughts: fantastic setup - really clean and organized. Maybe it was Vegas, or maybe it's because I'm used to Midwest pricing, but everything there was really, really overpriced.

Of course, RSD titles prices seem fairly consistent, so maybe you won't have that issue with those titles. But their used selection was all priced too high.

backeast likes this.
  3. LordThanos1969

LordThanos1969 Forum Resident

There are two Zia Record locations in Las Vegas. For RSD and other new vinyl, I recommend them over any other stores in town. 11th Street Records does have a better selection of used vinyl than Zia Recrods, but as you pointed out, their prices are very high.

backeast likes this.
  4. Blue Gecko

Blue Gecko Peace

I used to live in Vegas and visited both Zia stores regularly, typically reasonable prices... however, I still find CDs I bought from Zia that have tape on them. Zia always applies multiple stips of scotch tape on all four side of a CD. It can be a bugger to remove. Good selection... minus points for tape.

5. Twinsfan007

Twinsfan007 Forum Resident

Stopped by the Zia on Sahara(SP?) this past weekend and picked up some decent stuff. Was able to get the Diana Krall Quiet Nights 45rpm for $36 which I thought was a good deal. It was buy 3, get the 4th free on used and it was double zia points for purchases and trade-ins but I got neither as the person ringing me up didn't do either. I was upset when I found out but it was too late. It is what it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.