Last Beatles Photo Ever

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Loup, Oct 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loup

Loup Ancient Wool Unraveller Thread Starter

Looks like Ringo just got done using it…

2. blutiga

blutiga Forum Resident

Have you ever seen a bald Beatle.

3. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Small change/tips... ;)

4. Arnold Grove

Yes, George even had a few left-handed ukeleles available just for Paul to use.

5. Arnold Grove

[​IMG]

6. klaatuhf

klaatuhf Forum Resident

This is actually from October 1987 so nothing to do with Christmas!

7. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

Check out the cover of John & Yoko's Unfinished Music No. 1: Two Virgins to find the answer for at least one of them.
    As for the other three, you can imagine.
    If you want.

Biscuit Warehouse likes this.
  8. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

That Eventuality blog passed me the info it was from December. Sorry. Nevertheless is a great thought the three of them having dinner during that time.

9. marigoldilemma

marigoldilemma Forum Resident

That's definitely Syd. The guy in the car looks quite a bit like Roger Waters, but it isn't.

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  10. 2141

2141 Forum Resident

IF there really are that many Linda pics out there, she would have taken tons of them on certain days and none at all most the time. She wouldn't be snapping a couple hundred pics every day. Usually when pro photographers work they snap a zillion pics at one shoot, of which almost certainly a few will end up "keepers." So I'm sure if there really are that many Linda shot pics out there, the vast majority would be very redundant. Still, yes, we would like to see them!

11. klaatuhf

klaatuhf Forum Resident

Well they seemed to be patching things up by Xmas 1987 and then in January 1988 things all turned sour again when Paul refused to be apart of their induction into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. George was not very happy as he actually says in the "Ray Martin Show" TV interview in Feb 1988. Also judging by George's attitude especially towards Paul in the Anthology I suspect they never became pals again at all. Very sad.

12. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

Yet in the March 5, 1988 interview with Neil Aspel, George dismisses talk that he and Paul are feuding, says they've recently been spending a lot of time socializing together, and says Paul is his "mate. " So it seems the HOF incident didn't have any lingering effect on things.

PhoffiFozz and theMess like this.
  13. spherical

spherical Forum Resident

As I remember, yes. Because i had never heard it before, and we were thinking, "what IS this song". It was a long time ago, though. But that is how I remember it.

14. jimjim

jimjim Forum Resident

Damn. Got excited there for a second. While it was being recorded in London, I made my grand entrance on this planet over in Ireland (Jan 3 1970 at 11.45pm).

BeatlesBop likes this.
  15. bewareofchairs

bewareofchairs Forum Resident

There are several times where George and others mention the three of them going out in the 80s and 90s, and George did in fact give Paul the ukulele he uses to play Something for Christmas in 1997. So even if didn't happen at that "exact" time, it did in some form. :)

theMess and vitorbastos123 like this.
  16. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

And lets hope Linda took a picture of the three of them during those later years. Specially during the late 80's and late 90's. That would make a lot of people emotional!

Ryan Lux and bewareofchairs like this.
  17. bewareofchairs

They did. I think the Anthology and Linda and George getting cancer helped them get past their issues. They were on good terms even before the last time Paul saw George.

From George's Feb. 2001 Yahoo! chat:

spongeweed70508 asks: Does Paul still piss you off (tell us the truth)

george_harrison_live: Scan not a friend with a microscopic glass -- You know his faults -- Then let his foibles pass.

george_harrison_live: Old Victorian Proverb.

george_harrison_live: I'm sure there's enough about me that pisses him off, but I think we have now grown old enough to realize

george_harrison_live: that we're both pretty damn cute!

Ken Wood, Wil1972, BeatlesBop and 6 others like this.
  18. bewareofchairs

That would be wonderful. According to Olivia and Dhani, George filmed just about everything so there may be footage of them hanging out too.

theMess likes this.
  19. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

Ringo never forgot being threatened by Paul when he was sent to try and get Paul to change the release date of the McCartney album. :)

Autotune Sucks likes this.
  20. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

The guest enclosure (with the chairs) really wasn’t very big. It was rumoured (and reported in the music press) that the Beatles would be jamming with Dylan, but the audience - most of them, at least - didn’t know that three of them were actually there.

[​IMG]

As for me, I was sitting (on the ground, needless to say) about three rows behind the guest enclosure the night Dylan played, completely oblivious to the presence of Beatles mere yards away. They probably didn’t know I was there either...

But at least I got to see Bob.

21. bewareofchairs

Can I ask how you know it's from October? It seems like it was done the same day as the West 57th interview which aired in the middle of December. Was it filmed in October?

22. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

If you were three rows back from the guest enclosure, that means I was a few rows behind you. Good to meet you, after all these years! Yes, like you I recall rumours of a Beatles/Dylan on-stage jam but I had no idea that three Beatles were actually there at the front of the crowd. It could have been the birth of the Wilburys!

23. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

That's Tom Paxton next to John. He had just delivered the performance of his life.

24. pmc7070

pmc7070 Forum Resident

So the last Beatles photo closed the original Beatles Monthly Book - how fitting!

[​IMG]

Lost In The Flood and theMess like this.
  25. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

Hello! Good to meet you too.

I still find it hard to believe I was there. My one regret (other than not standing up to get a glimpse of Beatles) is that King Crimson, who were scheduled to play, cancelled...

theMess likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.