Last Concert Experience?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by uncarvedbloke, Feb 28, 2015.

1. mr._mojo_filter

mr._mojo_filter Forum Resident

Jerry Lee Lewis at the Ace Hotel in L.A.

2. Spinmeout

Spinmeout Forum Resident

George Clinton. Parliament/Funkadelic

2017 Caloundra Music Festival Australia.
    (At my little home town music festival, still can't believe it)

It was out of this world!!!!

And I'm fussy about shows these days, I'm usually the one whinging that they're not how they used to be but this was just people getting down, none of this everyone standing with phone held high business, it was like the good old days.

highway chile likes this.
  3. Siegmund

Siegmund Vinyl Sceptic

Peter Hammill, Manchester Stoller Hall, on Tuesday. A very intense 90 minute set (no interval) that just seemed to fly by.

Tigerlillies, Manchester Home, last night. Not seen them before: very impressed.

4. highway chile

highway chile I know it goes a little deeper than that.

My adult daughters and their fellows took me (and my unenthusiastic, in this case, wife) to see them last summer for my Father's Day gift. Good show, but it was cut short after 40 minutes due to an impending storm.

5. chewy

chewy Forum Resident

Uriah Heep! They haven't been here in 17 years.

joy stinson likes this.
  6. Acoustic Warrior

Acoustic Warrior I Come From The Water

As The Crow Flies (Chris Robinson) April 25th 2018.... Still recovering from a wild evening of Rock and Roll revelry ..

7. Cassiel

Cassiel Sonic Reducer

The Residents at The Murmrr Theatre in Booklyn Sunday night. Great show, got shut down for noise by the police when a neighbor complained. At 9:30 at night. That's Park Slope and NYC 2018 for ya.

8. Nightfly68

Nightfly68 Forum Resident

Saw Donald Fagen and The Nightflyers last August here in Wilmington, NC. Had front row seats and it was a fantastic concert. Fagen has been re-energized with these young musicians. And let me add, these guys are incredible musicians. Hopefully they record an album.

9. ihadadog

ihadadog Forum Resident

Trey Anastasio Trio, 4/20, Chicago Theater.

Huge sound from a trio with nice jams in NMINML and Sand. Beautiful venue. More attentive audience than you would find at a typical Phish show in Chicago.

10. Damien DiAngelo

Damien DiAngelo Forum Resident

Just saw Jack White at 20 Monroe in Grand Rapids, MI last Saturday 4/21

One of my friends that went to the show with me was looking at the photos from the show on Jack's web site. She saw this picture and thought we might be seen in it:
    [​IMG]

So she did some zooming and enhancing:
    [​IMG]

Sure enough, there we are.

It was a great show!

brownsound2112 and ConnieGuitar like this.
  11. ConnieGuitar

ConnieGuitar Here in my balloon...

@Damien DiAngelo - very cool!! I saw Jack White two nights before you did in Detroit last Thursday (4/19) - absolutely fantastic show and Jack was sooooo pumped to be playing in front of his hometown crowd. We were even treated to Jack dancing with his mother, Teresa Gillis, on "Hotel Yorba".

[​IMG]

A very good time was had by all! Oh and afaic, the no-phones policy was really most welcome - it totally made for a much more enjoyable focused evening I think for everyone. I confess I like to take an odd snap or two for posterity's sake but I did not miss having my phone in the least.

Fullbug and Damien DiAngelo like this.
  12. brownsound2112

brownsound2112 Forum Resident

Manic Street Preachers on Monday. Opening night of the tour and a very sparsely attended, very heavily curtained off arena show

Completely devoid of atmosphere, poor sound and an utterly forgettable show. I felt sorry for them..it must have been a total bummer.

13. wwaldmanfan

wwaldmanfan Born In The 50's

STAX singer/songwriter William Bell ("Born Under A Bad Sign"), at the BB King Club, NYC last Sunday. Great performance. The club closes for good this weekend.

14. Damien DiAngelo

Damien DiAngelo Forum Resident

Yes, I agree there. I'm not addicted to my phone. I left it out in the car.
    In a way I wish I had it for a couple of pics for posterity, but there are plenty of good pictures on his website. One of my crew did bring her phone with her, so we at least got a group pic before we went in.
    It was pretty funny seeing all the phone zombies with those Yonder pouches in their hands impatiently waiting to get out & into the unlock zone.

ConnieGuitar likes this.
  15. RobNeil

RobNeil Forum Resident

Public Service Broadcasting a couple of weeks back.

16. Jimbo912

Jimbo912 Forum Resident

Saw Ministry Sunday night at the Town Ballroom in Buffalo. Yes,it was LOUD

17. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Forum Resident

Attended "Middle Aged Women's Woodstock" Tuesday night, AKA Bon Jovi:
    Bon Jovi 4/24/18

18. wpjs

wpjs Forum Resident

Guns and Roses MSG.
    LOUD.
    And a whole lotta of silly phones.

Fullbug likes this.
  19. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

My last concert was last Sunday 7/15........the annual Johnny Thunders Birthday Bash at the Bowery Electric. Featuring Walter Lure & The Waldos, Lenny Kaye, and 11 other local bands playing NY Dolls, Heartbreakers, and solo JT songs.

I was sitting down most of the night (got a great spot by the stage) and was still wiped out when it was over. :agree:

Dave 81828384 likes this.
  20. lesterbangs

lesterbangs Forum Resident

Forecastle Music Festival last weekend in Louisville

Got to see the following

Jason Isbell
    The War on Drugs
    Courtney Barnett
    Kurt Vile
    Father John Misty
    Jenny Lewis
    Arcade Fire
    Jimmy Eat World
    Morgan Saint (pleasant surprise)
    Ron Gallo (also a pleasant surprise)

arthurprecarious and Crispy Rob like this.
  21. Coltrane811

Coltrane811 Forum Resident

That is quite a lineup. Isbell is my fave, but Arcade Fire puts on a heckuva show.

lesterbangs likes this.
  22. cwd

cwd Forum Resident

Front row, center stage, Ryman for Violent Femmes & Echo & the Bunnymen this past Tuesday.

Bruso and Crispy Rob like this.
  23. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Journey and Def Leppard 3 weeks ago. Def Leppard was great. Journey was ok but not great.

mtvgeneration likes this.
  24. wiseblood

wiseblood Forum Resident

Magpie Salute/Avett Brothers/Gov't Mule at Xfinity Center in Mansfield, MA.

The place was a complete dump and the sound of the venue was quite possibly the worst outdoor summer shed venue I've ever encountered. I'm not sure what they've been doing in that place all these years with garbage sound but I'll warn you all with peace and love - avoid the place like the plague.

25. Marshall_SLX

Marshall_SLX Rega P9/RB2000

Machine Head Eatons Hill Hotel Brisbane Australia 18/7/18... 3 hr set no breaks... on the barrier rough as guts... circle pits all night behind me... band on fire... great night