Last Concert Experience?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by uncarvedbloke, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR

Who, When, Where?

SCORPIONS 18 October PALAIS THEATER Melbourne

Good or bad?

Nether.....PHENOMENAL.

Fullbug likes this.
  2. B. Bu Po

B. Bu Po Senior Member

Looks good.

joy stinson likes this.
  3. Dave Gilmour's Cat

Dave Gilmour's Cat Forum Resident

Apologies. Couldn't find an existing thread.

4. Baidur

Baidur Forum Resident

Stars of the Lid in Amsterdam previous month. OK concert.

5. qwerty

qwerty A resident of the SH_Forums.

Pink Martini.
    A couple of months ago, I would think. Melbourne Recital Hall (an excellent venue).

I had never heard of them before. In the afternoon Mrs.Qwerty heard them interviewed on the radio, and although she was not previously aware of them she really wanted to go to the concert. A really enjoyable night, as mentioned the venue never fails to deliver. The band displayed excellent musicianship and versatility. However, I would not feel motivated to listen to their CDs, which is more of a reflection of my current musical preferences than a reflection of the band.

6. Fletch

Fletch Senior Member

Deap Valley, DFA 1979, & BRMC at Terminal 5 NYC 11/8/16

Gaslight likes this.
  7. Kingsley Fats

Kingsley Fats Forum Resident

Iron Maiden at the Perth Arena. Spectacular stage props. Everything was great except the vocals were lost in the mix although the overall sound volume was fine.

joy stinson likes this.
  8. ARK

ARK Forum Miscreant

Widespread Panic, Coney Island, Brooklyn, ny, 9/10/16. Best of the 10 or so times I've seen them. Not bad for a 30 year old band.

9. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

The Stones at the Citrus Bowl, Orlando 2015. A great concert.

10. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I`m not sure,I think was either Black Sabbath or Iron Maiden like ten years ago.

11. Sammy Waslow

Sammy Waslow Just watching the show

Biffy Clyro, last night, 3Arena, Dublin.
    A very impressive show.

12. Cipresso

Cipresso Forum Resident

King Crimson, Torino, couple of weeks ago...awesome...

13. arthurprecarious

arthurprecarious Forum Resident

Sarah Jarouz and Dietrich Strause at the Sage, Gateshead UK last saturday. Excellent sets from both. Sarah encored with a nice cover of Dylan's "Ring them Bells"

14. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

Bob Seger was one and Roger Waters was the other.

I hope to be able to go to see Billy Joel wither in Miami in December or in Orlando in January, we'll see,

15. Fletcher MH

Fletcher MH Forum Resident

Jean-Michel Jarre, Nov 22nd, Amsterdam

Great show, not a greatest hits but a lot of later work and of course some of his classics.
    Visuals as expected superb.

16. Jimbo912

Jimbo912 Forum Resident

Pet Shop Boys
    11/6/16
    Sony Centre in Toronto
    Good,not great show

17. joepepitone

joepepitone Forum Resident

Why would you see somebody 20 + times live, if they are only okay as a live performer?

joy stinson likes this.
  18. joepepitone

joepepitone Forum Resident

My last concert was in February 2016. Richard Thompson playing an all request acoustic show. It was a great show. I think I've lost my mojo for going to see live music.
    Too many irritating concert attendees, too many irritating baby boomers, too many artists past their prime still touring that I don't think are worth the price of admission.

Jimmy B. likes this.
  19. LynnH

LynnH Active Member

Me too, at the Sands in Bethlehem PA, 10/23/16. Loved every second of it. This was a show for the true EC fan but you could tell that some were there for the obligatory "Alison" and "Detectives." I've seen both his solo and Imposters shows in the past few years and while both were fabulous, prefer him with his band.

Favre508 likes this.
  20. ConnieGuitar

ConnieGuitar Here in my balloon...

Bob Dylan and His Band
    November 12, 2016
    Thomas Wolfe Auditorium - Asheville, NC
    Excellent! Though I think I'm still more partial to the Tempest tour show a few years back. Still top-notch regardless and his band is superb.

21. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

The Dictators NYC on Nov. 9th. I think I'm through going to live performances forever. I'm not sure.

joepepitone likes this.
  22. Maddy5

Maddy5 Forum Resident

My last concert was Sad 13, the solo project of Sadie Du Puis of Speedy Ortiz fame on November 18 at Songbyrd Music House here in DC. There was also a great opening act, this lady named Vagabon who is originally from Sierra Leone, but lives in NYC, who does alternative R&B. Everyone needs to check her out!

23. highway chile

highway chile I know it goes a little deeper than that.

The Paladins @ Knuckleheads in Kansas City, November 18. Smokin' show!

24. Roxette in 2012

Opening act: 1927, one of our favourite Australian bands. They were too loud and someone had set the sound to "brickwall". My ears were ringing. My head was hurting. If Roxette sounded like that, I was gonna walk out and I didn't even care if I could or couldn't get my money back.

Roxette: They were, thankfully, at a normal volume level, not at all brickwalled and sounded (and performed) fantastically. To my surprise, the song everyone in the audience sang along with was "Dangerous", which was only a "minor" hit here as far as I remember. ("The Look", "It Must Have Been Love" and "Joyride" were number 1 hits).

joy stinson likes this.
  25. tmwlng

tmwlng Forum Resident

Digable Planets November 17. An absolute party, very happy with that one.