Last Man Standing (Tim Allen) Resurrected At Fox For 2018-2019 (Season 7)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by neo123, May 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. groundharp

groundharp Maybe your friends think I'm just a stranger

Have only seen the season premiere, but it was OK! The new Mandy is ridiculous though -- if they had to recast the part, they picked the WRONG actress. Maybe that's what they were trying to do?

Won't be watching tonight, as I'm tuning in to Blindspot over on NBC.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  2. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

I don't have a problem with Molly McCook as an actress playing a role. And I have no problem with her being a blonde - after all "Mandy" could have been a stereotypical "dumb-blonde" character except for Molly Ephraim's dark hair, and Molly McCook even has some facial resemblance to the other Molly. The biggest problem I have is her height. She's just too naturally tall and her interactions with the other members of the cast have her looking down instead of up.

In last night's episode, there was a scene where Nancy Travis as "Mom"came to "Mandy's" work area in the basement to have a heart-to-heart talk about whether or not she was trying to have a baby. As Nancy Travis entered the room, her feet were visible and she was wearing tall platform sandals. Molly McCook, even in flat shoes was STILL taller than her "Mom". It just looks wrong to have "Mandy" looking down on other cast members.

3. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident

The new Mandy is just miscast. Nowhere near as good looking and she's a giant. Totally wrong for the part.

4. Monosterio

Monosterio Forum Resident

I just saw the third episode. I couldn’t tell for sure—is another performer leaving the show? (You’ll know who I’m talking about if you saw last night’s episode.)

5. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

I think "possibly" written out as the actor had another commitment that has now fallen through, so the character may be back.

6. Monosterio

I sure hope you’re right. I can’t handle all these people leaving—and none of them is Molly McCook. :D

Thanks.

7. Prophetzong

Prophetzong Forum Resident

8. DHamilton

DHamilton Forum Resident

I miss the super heartwarming acoustic guitar intros from the past seasons...where is that?!

9. Monosterio

So...if Mike and Larabee didn’t dress this way in tonight’s Halloween episode, what’s this about? :confused:

[​IMG]

10. Monosterio

Mystery solved: Turns out the above shot is from the October 2016 Halloween episode, which I just saw for the first time.

11. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

I'm a liberal democrat and I enjoy the show.

12. Monosterio

Last night’s episode was the best yet this season, IMO. Good to see Hector Elizondo there. :righton:

13. James Slattery

I liked the first season the best, before the wonderfully creative producers decided to turn the show into All in the Family lite.

14. ElevatorSkyMovie

ElevatorSkyMovie Senior Member

Tim has said that was the plan from the beginning. I think the show does a good job of lampooning both sides.

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  15. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

16. James Slattery

I just watched season 2, which I got out of the library. Two things struck me. One was how hot the old Mandy was and the second, how fat did the new Kristin get?

17. Monosterio

Especially obese if you compare her to the season 1 Kristin... ;)

18. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

One of the funniest lines ever on a sitcom, uttered by "Mike Baxter" , Season One, "Pilot":
    The only time men should be dancing is when other men are shootin' at their feet.

19. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Just an FYI: Molly Ephraim has a major role in the Gary Hart scandal movie "The Front Runner", which I just saw. She is excellent in it-she's actually a very good actor. The movie wasn't bad, either (with Hugh Jackman as Hart).

20. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

21. groundharp

groundharp Maybe your friends think I'm just a stranger

She certainly lived up to her name -- Amanda FULLER! I liked her a lot more before she got so full.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.