Laurie Strode returns in "Halloween" (October 19, 2018)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Sep 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. questrider

questrider Forum Resident

That picture with the Dr. Pepper is so famous that Nick Castle recreated it on the set of the new film.

[​IMG]

2. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

@JCM Yep, that second photo is CLASSIC. I have that same image burned into my mind and it makes me want to run for my life. But running from Michael is a moot point, you won't get away.

Jason Manley likes this.
  3. MikeInFla

That's awesome! I take it Nick is in the film?!?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

So Michael Myers's Mask has not developed Gray Hair or Hair Loss by now?

Rick Sanchez and Matthew Tate like this.
  5. Jason Manley

Jason Manley Senior Member

Yes, he plays The Shape in the new film.

MikeInFla likes this.
  6. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

It's funny; this film is ignoring the sequels while borrowing scenes from the sequels.

7. MikeInFla

Yeah, I read some of the stuff on IMDB one being the Gas Station scene is identical to the one in Halloween 4 down to the ice machine.

8. Rick Sanchez

Rick Sanchez Well-Known Member

My point exactly. You can see how poorly The Shape (pun intended) of the original mask has held up, versus the one used in the current movie, which looks like it has aged like a human.

I don't mean to split hairs here. If you are going to use THE mask, have it look like an aged mask, again, as opposed to an aged human.

9. MikeInFla

I read where this new mask is a tribute to the Rob Zombie films. As said above in the thread for a movie that is ignoring all the sequels it is full of tributes to them.

Encuentro and Matthew Tate like this.
  10. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

My mom and I just saw the trailer on TV and she really wants to see this with her co-worker friend.

Marble Index likes this.
  11. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

You did not show your Mom the Trailer YouTube Links you posted on here? I did not see any Trailers yet on TV, but not surprised they are running them now. When is the Release Date?

Your Mom has good taste-haha. Hopefully, this Movie will at least be decent. Jamie Lee Curtis and John Carpenter seem to think it is a well done Movie, but hopefully they are just not out to sell tickets. Word of Mouth and Social Media reaction after the first weekend of release will give us a good idea though.

Just saw a Trailer on TV for an upcoming Horror Movie, 'Hell Fest'. Looks potentially good, but we will see.

The last Great Horror Movies I saw were the Vampire Films, 'Let the Right One In'(Sweden Original from the Novel) and the US Remake, 'Let Me In'. Both Movies were great with some differences. I saw 'Let Me In' at the Theater, then bought 'Let the Right One In' on Blu-Ray(and also bought 'Let Me In' on Blu-Ray to have both Movies in my Small Blu-Ray Collection, as I only buy Movies on Blu-Ray that I watch Multiple Times.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  12. So Laurie has the same resurrection powers as Michael Myers.
    This could go on for eons.

A battle on the dying sun in 5 billion years.

daca likes this.
  13. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

No, she never actually died in the storyline for this film. It’s sort of an alternate universe film that ignores everything after the original film. Laurie and Michael are not siblings, and Michael was captured after the events of the first film. So basically we have a 1978 film titled “Halloween” and it’s immediate sequel titled “Halloween.”

14. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Ah but Halloween II was great, almost as good as the first film. But I guess that makes sense.

15. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I totally agree. The first two films make for a great duology. The Michael Myers story was done at that point. Both Michael and Sam Loomis were dead. Yet, they found a way to bring both of them back for IV because the money wasn’t there for the intended Halloween anthology movie series begun with Season of the Witch.

16. Jason Manley

Jason Manley Senior Member

Anyone happen to know if Dean Cundey is the DP for this one?

17. That's because they forgot to mention the anthology part when they released 3! I still remember our rising anger as we watched part 3 at the drive in and kept wondering where the hell Michael Myers was. We felt defrauded at the end. The movie would have been more successful had they not tricked everybody into going to see a movie that was NOT Halloween 3.

18. cboldman

cboldman Forum Resident

There can’t have been too many movie sequels with the same title as the original film. Besides this one, the only other I can think of is The Love Bug, which had a 1997 sequel of the same name starring Bruce Campbell. Any others?

19. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Vacation 1983 and 2015, though the 1983 film’s official title is National Lampoon’s Vacation.

20. Rick Sanchez

Rick Sanchez Well-Known Member

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Please let that be a very bad rumor. How Rob Zombie got not ONE, but TWO Halloween movies green lit is beyond my level of comprehension.

21. MikeInFla

I didn't see H:3 when it was new so I already knew going in he wouldn't be in it. Maybe that is why I enjoyed it. I liked it for what it was and enjoy the soundtrack this time of year. My best friend growing up used to have the first 2 soundtracks on vinyl growing up. Couldn't find them in stores, I think he had to order them from Fangoria magazine. Saw H:3 on AMC a few years ago and remembered the music was good so I ordered the soundtrack for that one.

kevywevy and daca like this.
  22. MikeInFla

And it could be a rumor I read it on the trivia section of IMDB. The new mask looks pretty good but I think it would've been better just to use the Trick Or Treat Studios H:2 mask:

[​IMG]

yesstiles likes this.
  23. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

The trailer that I saw on TV may have been one of the links that have already been posted.

24. daca

daca Currently on Double Secret Probation

Unless you believe Stephen Hawking who predicts humanity has -100 years to colonize another planet or face extinction. FAnd who says the Earth will be a fireball by the year 2600.). So we’ve got that going for us.

And IIRC, I read somewhere on the interwebs that Michael Myers contractually cannot “die.” Take that with a grain of salt. Maybe someone closer to the franchise can provide insight.

I’ve been saying that for years. Those movies were turrible. That was time wasted that I will never get back. Fortunately, I paid to see neither, and did not even finish watching II.

25. Same here. I picked up the twofer very cheap. I didn't enjoy the first one and bailed on 2 about twenty minutes in.

Brian Mc and daca like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.