Le Mans

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by JohnT, Jun 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnT

JohnT Senior Member Thread Starter

Picked up the recently released upgrade and went for a spin last night. Enticed the wife to watch along with pleasant French countryside scenes and the rugged looks of McQueen.

This is a period film from 70' and I was very impressed with the enhanced W/S transfer. Very filmlike with exceptional colors. Sound dialog was fine but considering what the subject was... I'd love to hear what the 917's & Ferrari's really sounded like.

The racing scenes were plenty full and well done. Camera work was all over the place, from inside cars looking forward then out back. Outside shots with 70's type editing that worked pretty well. Anyone else check this out yet?

2. Claus

Claus Senior Member

By the way Bentley have won the 24 hours Le Mans today!

3. JohnT

JohnT Senior Member Thread Starter

Quite an accomplishment. F1 next? :cool:

4. Henry Love

Henry Love Senior Member

Those racing Bentley's are really sharp looking.The running gear is basically the Audi R8.I stayed up late and got up early to watch the race.

5. Henry Love

Henry Love Senior Member

I've got Le Mans on VHS.Haven't watched it in a while.The racing action was great though and they also had good footage on the Mulsanne straight which is now chopped up by a chicane.Some of the cars used to hit 240-250 miles per hour on that stretch of road.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.