Led Zeppelin - 2007 Show (DVD/CD), part2

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Nov 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

ASHBURN, Va. (AP) -- It doesn't sound good for Robert Griffin III.
    An injury that sidelines RG3 well into next season is a very real possibility - or at least it seemed that way Monday after coach Mike Shanahan described the results of tests on the rookie's right knee.
    Shanahan said the results are prompting the team to send Griffin to Florida on Tuesday to see renowned orthopedist James Andrews for more examinations, essentially a second opinion that will decide the team's fate for the 2013 season.
    ''There is a concern,'' Shanahan said. ''That's why he's going to see him.''
    Griffin tore his ACL while playing for Baylor in 2009, and Shanahan said that old injury caused Griffin's latest MRI to prove inconclusive and produce ''differences of opinion'' in those who have looked at it.
    ''They want to take another look and have a physical exam with him,'' Shanahan said, ''to make sure they're not looking at old injuries.''
    A torn ACL typically requires a rehabilitation period of nine to 12 months, although some players don't return to full health until their second season after the injury. On the other hand, one of this season's most remarkable stories was Adrian Peterson, who returned about eight months after tearing an ACL and nearly broke the NFL's single-season rushing record.
    Notably, Shanahan referenced Peterson on Monday, pointing out that the Minnesota Vikings back had the big season without the benefit of an offseason practice program. It could be a possible scenario for Griffin.
    Shanahan was grilled about his handling of Griffin's injury. Already playing with a heavy black brace in his third game since spraining a lateral collateral ligament, Griffin hurt the knee again when he fell awkwardly while throwing a pass in the first quarter of Sunday's 24-14 playoff loss to the Seattle Seahawks.
    Griffin stayed in the game, but he was far from his usual self, clearly favoring the knee and unable to run with the world-class speed that helped define his play early in the season.
    Then, in the fourth quarter with the Redskins trailing by seven, the knee buckled the wrong way when Griffin tried to field a bad shotgun snap. The Seahawks recovered the fumble deep in Washington territory, setting up a short field goal that helped put the game out of reach. Griffin was done for the evening.
    Shanahan said he thought he made the ''right decisions'' to keep Griffin in the game and that it would be ''crazy'' to think he would purposely sacrifice Griffin's career to win a game. He said he did not talk to team doctors initially after Griffin was hurt in the first quarter, instead relying on Griffin's word.
    ''I went up to Robert. I said, 'You OK?''' Shanahan said. ''And he said, 'I'm fine.'''
    Griffin was also feeling the criticism for not taking himself out. He did not appear in the locker room during the two hours it was open to reporters Monday morning and instead made his public statements via Twitter.

2. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

You mean RGIII won't be playing drums with Page, Plant and JPJ? :tiphat:

noname74 likes this.
  3. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Are you saying that RGIII will join Led Zeppelin if his injury keeps him out of football?:D

rburly likes this.
  4. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

I was listening to the DVD version and the CD version. I do not have the Blu-ray video or audio discs.

5. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

I think Shokhead is trying to "shok" us back on track.

6. shokhead

LMAO OPPS!!

7. Oliver

Oliver Bourbon Infused

They would have been better with RGIII!

8. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

Really enjoyed watching the Blu-Ray. A real treat to finally get to see/hear this once in a lifetime re-union performance.

In regards to the sound quality, I accept it for what it is. But the recording of the cymbals is quite awful.

9. The Rush Fan

The Rush Fan Well-Known Member

I put the rehearsal in 2 audio CDs. Sounds really great! It's a great performance, particularly for those who say that the mix of the main concert lacks instrument detail.

10. Possible dumb question alert: why does the CD mix sound so "mono"? Playing with the mono/stereo switch on my receiver, the stereo seems to add only some left and right extension of the cymbals. Everything else seems to be crammed center... I imagine such a loud small rock group would bleed all over the place in a live setting like that... But didn't they have discrete tracks to work a somehow better mix from? Or did they intentionally avoid that for a more in-your-face effect (...or to cover up some of the screw-ups...)? The bass guitar especially on that CD mix is abysmal... Such a great player!!

11. ndtechie05

ndtechie05 Forum Resident

The packaging for the vinyl looks amazing!

Attached Files:

12. razorball

razorball Forum Resident

Just got the vinyl today. Pretty disappointed with the sound quality. Way too much bass. Vocals sometimes barely audible. A great thing to watch and listen to with a great surround system. Not so great to listen to on vinyl.

ShawnX likes this.
  13. Robert Haagsma

Robert Haagsma Vinyl fanatic

Wow, I got the vinyl package yesterday and I am quite pleased. First of all I like the detail in packaging. LP's in innersleeve, but outside of outer sleeve to avoid split seams (and this was a sealed box!) and I liked the addition of bubble plastic to avoid warps.

I already played a few sides and I am more than happy. Great, punchy sound.

And the package itself looks stunning!

14. Robert Haagsma

Robert Haagsma Vinyl fanatic

Wow, I got the vinyl package yesterday and I am quite pleased. First of all I like the detail in packaging. LP's in innersleeve, but outside of outer sleeve to avoid split seams (and this was a sealed box!) and I liked the addition of bubble plastic to avoid warps.

I already played a few sides and I am more than happy. Great, punchy sound.

And the package itself looks stunning!

Attached Files:

• LZ.jpg
      LZ.jpg
      File size:
      78.7 KB
      Views:
  15. ndtechie05

ndtechie05 Forum Resident

Can't wait till the release in the US!

16. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

On side 2 of LP#1 right now - pressing quality is excellent and the sound is loud/punchy and in your face (I like it) far more enjoyable than the CD.

17. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Deadwax information reveals P.USA (pressed at Pallas).

18. KBanya

KBanya Active Member

I have my vinyl! Now I need time to digest it...can't wait.:bdance:

19. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

I finally picked the CD/BD up today. I am only upset that it took me this long. 'No Quarter' was worth the money alone. I have listened to it three times today and it actually has me excited for the new Black Sabbath album finally.

20. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

What is the relationship between a new LZ album and a new Black Sabbath album???

21. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Old geezers still being able to make great sounding music.

Lownote30 likes this.
  22. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

one set of old geezers does not necessarily equal the other set. different personalities, talent, circumstances, etc.

23. shokhead

I'm still playing it every day and it still brings a smile to my face.

HotelYorba101 likes this.
  24. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

Me too, the performances are all incredible.

And the performance is a full circle of some sorts: Robert Plant used to sing about Lord of the Rings and now he looks a mythical creature straight out of the stories lol

25. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

All these months later, it turns out that I almost exclusively listen to the rehearsal performance. I've played the actual show a few times, but the dynamics on that rehearsal recording are what keeps me coming back to it. Wonderful sound and a treat to play loud.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.