Led Zeppelin 2014 Vinyl Remasters Zoso, Houses of the Holy, etc.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by VinylRob, Jun 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VinylRob

VinylRob Forum Resident Thread Starter

Has anyone heard a confirmed date for Zoso, Houses of the Holy, Physical Graffiti?

2. nicotinecaffeine

nicotinecaffeine Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Waaaay down inside!

sassi, thestereofan, Gavinyl and 9 others like this.
  3. Tuesday.

Just not sure which Tuesday

4. VinylRob

Ha, ha, ha! touché Mazzy

Terry and Mazzy like this.
  5. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

The next releases will just be IV and Houses of the Holy, PG isn't out until next year. They are doing them in twos from here-on in.

VinylRob likes this.
  6. VinylRob

Yeah, heard that, but guess I'm interested in next three and that's about it...

7. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

These (the 4TH and PG specifically,) are the ones that I am interested in. I think the first three were good (yes, they could have been "better"...)
    The 4TH never did sound great (using new "solid state" recording equipment), and PG was recorded all over the place... Got to be better with
    this release at least in terms of better transfer technology. Don't care about the "bonus" stuff really, Page made his mark when these albums
    were originally released.

8. BongRattlingBass

BongRattlingBass Forum Resident

I'm interested in IV (if it's the best sounding vinyl pressing) and PG through Coda.

9. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Tuesday in October is what I have heard. Since there are 4 of them, you have a 25% chance of guessing correctly.

VinylRob and Mazzy like this.
  10. ledsox

ledsox Senior Member

Wouldn't it be great if they went all out and did these all analog and actually listened to the Pecko Duck and RL masterings to get a reference.
    Just a thought.

steveharris and Paully like this.
  11. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Given how close LZ II is graphically to an RL pressing I'll bet some comparison was done. I am sure Page knows what the favored pressings are.

But I don't believe we will see all analog vinyl. If so they would have done it for the first three albums.

12. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member

Are the first 3 worth picking up? I have very slight interest in Zeppelin these days but wouldn't mind an easily obtainable decent pressing of each. The originals must be terribly pricey IIRC.

SergioRZ likes this.
  13. JP Christian

JP Christian Forum Resident

If you don't have pristine originals (which are going for silly money on ebay these days) you can't go wrong with these - yes, they are cut from hi-res digital but on listening to them they sound strong and natural - they have taken great care with these re-issues and if you shop around you can get them for as little as £12-15 each (the single LP versions).

Da Commish and SergioRZ like this.
  14. hogger_reborn

hogger_reborn Active Member

Ehh why not? I've got both these albums on original Atlantic vinyl already but I'd be willing to try out a new remaster.

15. nicotinecaffeine

nicotinecaffeine Forum Resident

+1

Same here. Just CD, though.

16. VinylRob

Read the endless threads about the first three and the you be the judge, I would suggest, just pick them up as they are a sonic bargain.
    But this thread is really not about that.:)

17. Eric Weinraub

Eric Weinraub Forum Resident

I don't know. The Beatles Stereo set responses of anger over their digital sourcing sent them scrambling AAA for the Mono set... anything is possible.

Daniel Thomas likes this.
  18. Eric Weinraub

Eric Weinraub Forum Resident

Analog Japaense pressings of EVERYTHING can be had for reasonable dosh (under $100) and they compare VERY well with the Classics. Original Pinks, Peckos, and RL are not that crazily expensive.... ie $50-$150 range.

19. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Maybe something will be out for Record store day too?:)

20. There really was not much anger towards the Beatles stereos because of the digital sourcing . It was about the bad pressing problems. If they had been more like the new Zep LPs ( which most people like) then I bet these new monos would not be aaa

21. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

Not a chance of that happening. The needle and the damage done. Not getting another cent of my money for vinyl. Only buying remainder of titles on CD for companion disc.

ledsox likes this.
  22. ledsox

ledsox Senior Member

Because of bad pressing problems they decide to go all analog? Does that make sense? I'm not following.
    Maybe it's because Magee and co. know it's the best way to go when pressing vinyl. Keep it more pure and the sound should show favorably.

23. Turntable

Turntable Senior Member

I have the Led Zep II and III deluxe vinyl sets. The sound good, but given how much better my Classic records reissues sound I will give the rest of the digital reissues a miss unless like Led Zep III, the companion disc is excellent.

If you don't have the Classic reissues, keep buying gents :)

cheers

Lownote30, Manelus and passion4music like this.
  24. No not exactly but they got lots of backlash in terms of returns and reviews from the pressing issue. I don't believe they would have started all over again ( they already had mono test pressing from the digital sources ) if people were as satisfied with the listening experience like must other digital reissues : LZ , Stones and so on.

25. I think I read that the next batch will just be Led Zeppelin IV and Houses Of The Holy. Physical Graffiti I heard wouldn't be until early 2015. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.