Led Zeppelin 50th anniversary hype..anyone else really don't care?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ronm, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluesky

bluesky Senior Member

Really don't care at all.

Doggiedogma and James Bennett like this.
  2. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

Liar! You cared enough to make this post. That's something.

bobcat and Mark J like this.
  3. bluesky

bluesky Senior Member

Really don't care at all.

4. When it comes to Zeppelin, I always care.

supernaut, Joti Cover, markp and 8 others like this.
  5. groovelocked

groovelocked Forum Resident

I’d like a fancy box with a special embossed or foil Zeppelin and a 50th anniversary logo to put all my pristine reissues in to keep them nice.
    :)

The Trinity likes this.
  6. Kassonica

Kassonica Forum Resident

He needs to show us on the doll where Jimmy page touched him.

7. jcarr73729

jcarr73729 Forum Resident

Any good live recordings are welcome, but 50th is stretching the point considering they have not been in the studio for almost 40 years and only put in one live appearance since 1980.

supernaut likes this.
  8. rjp

rjp Senior Member

Not every one.....but if the shoe fits

9. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

LIAR!

You went back to see if someone commented on your post about not caring. You actually do care a little.

10. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

This waiting is killing me!:yawn:

11. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

Its hard to create a topic like this because either you care, or you at least care enough to post in a topic to let people know you don't care

12. masswriter

masswriter Minister At Large

are we waiting for anything else?

13. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

Besides the reissue of How The West Was Won nothing has actually happened yet and we're already in June. Is Page waiting for Christmas?

14. markp

markp I am always thinking about Jazz.

In other threads about used vinyl, Led Zeppelin is one of the bands usually mentioned as commanding high prices for 70's era vinyl. Led Zep seems to be transcending generations. Some more cool concert recordings and blu rays wojld be welcome by this 50ish fan, and maybe also the younger generation scooping up LZ used vinyl.

Joti Cover likes this.
  15. FrixFrixFrix

FrixFrixFrix Senior Member

50th anniversary doesn't officially begin until September. There's a book coming in October:
    Led Zeppelin by Led Zeppelin

HTWWW reissue was unrelated to the anniversary.

16. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

No announcement because Page, Plant, Jones and Jason Bonham are busy rehearsing for the world tour. :agree:

Timothy Fiacco likes this.
  17. If I Can Dream_23

If I Can Dream_23 Forum Resident

As I alluded to somewhere earlier in this thread, every smart and logical artist will hype themselves, yet no amount of hype is going to garner you lasting or numerous fans of your work. If the music you have, or the joy you give to people, is not there, then hype is just hype. Hype is actually the last reason that Zeppelin still remains a giant, even upon their 50th. Mystery, lore, and maybe some well-placed sensationalism, yes. But not hype. :)

I can only speak as one life-long fan, but I can assuredly say that the deluxe sets I purchased had everything to do with love for the band, the music, for the presentation, and for the companion material, and nothing to do with hype. The same with something like the Sgt Pepper 50th box, or the Stones "Satanic Majesties Request" set.

It seems to me that hype would only enter the picture if what you're selling doesn't sell itself. :)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    deanrelax likes this.
  18. masswriter

ok, nothing then . . .

19. bluesky

bluesky Senior Member

I really don't care one way or the other. :)

Zep was my favorite band back in the day. Zep 1 through 4 blew me away. But now... don't really care one way or the other. Heard it all 1000 times. That's enough.

I was even walking down a mountain path in the jungle outside of town in the southern Philippines and 'Stairway to Heaven' was playing in someone's little hut. Blew me totally away. Way out in the middle of no where. It was a special 'moment'. :)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    Timothy Fiacco and Joti Cover like this.
  20. masswriter

I realized this morning after listening to The Who's Live at Leeds for the first time in a long time, how fresh and filled with musical vitality they were, and by measure makes Led Zeppelin seem lethargic and by-the-numbers. And I was a HUGE Zep fan.... I guess I'm all matured now ...

vitorbastos123 and ohnothimagen like this.
  21. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

It was some where to the people whose hut it was, probably the centre of the universe to them...:)

bluesky likes this.
  22. FrixFrixFrix

FrixFrixFrix Senior Member

The premise of this thread is kinridiculous.
    :rolleyes:

23. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

What did you do compare the 80's tour with Live at Leeds? :)

Listen to some boots from the same era. Both bands were on fire in those early years.

24. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

lol.

Yeah plenty of "I don't care's" all over this forum. If you don't care you just post once at most and then walk away. Instead the "I don't care's" always keep coming back, with long and longer posts, trying to prove how much they don't care. :)

RPOZ51, Roberto899 and Giorgio like this.
  25. Duckman

Duckman Forum Resident

you should check out Zep's Royal Albert Hall 1970 show from the same month (same mobile recording unit too, BTW), or better: Osaka Sept 29 1971... This said I love the 'horrible OOOO' almost as much as the mighty balloon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.