DCC Archive Led Zeppelin cds, remaster vs. original

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Holy Zoo, Jan 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Well I finally got off my b*tt and spun my unremastered Zep IV. The harmonica is panned right on my copy, too. (I don't have the remastered Zep on CD. Yet!)

Made in USA by JVC / A2-19129 (front of disc beneath the Atlantic logo) / 19129-2-v8e13 (inner circle). Back cover: A2-19129 Made in USA. A2-19129 is also on the spine.

Then, getting to my feet, I went downstairs and spun the Classic Records vinyl. Harminoca is panned left.

I'd guess the 'goof' was on the original CDs. Someone was not paying attention somewhere.

2. Pat

Pat Forum Detective

Holy,

I unfortunately do not have the (4th album) re-master, just the ONE that I mentioned. I have Led Zeppelin (S/T)- Made In USA By DADC, II - Made In Japan By DAIO Kosan CO LTD, III - Made In Japan By DAIO Kosan CO LTD, IV -USA by WEA, Houses Of The Holy - Victor Company Of Japan LTD, Physical Graffiti (remaster)Page/Marino, Presence (remaster)Page/Marino, In Through The Out Door (remaster)Page/Marino.

I also have a CDR copy of Early Days...and just did a quickie A/B (On "Levee") between the 2. On my (non-remaster/OLD) IV, I noticed a BIG diiference in the hi-hat cymbals during the intro...they sound muffled (buried) and pulse a lot on the old one. How about your copy? Of course the newer one sounds brighter/louder...but I think it's better as well!

E-mail me if you want to discuss!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.