Led Zeppelin Celebration. Day Vinyl

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by pigman, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pigman

pigman Forum Resident Thread Starter

Just an fyi is available at Sunrise Records in Canada.I picked up the lps yesterday for $46.
    Aaron

2. One_L

One_L Forum Resident

And...?

3. pigman

Just a heads up,official release is the 12th of Febuaary.
    Aaron

4. Small Fish

Small Fish Forum Resident

How does it sound?

5. pigman

Have not had a chance to listen yet.I will play it this evening and report back.
    Aaron

6. pigman

Nice box,sounds real good,the vinyl is flat,good dynamics on the mix to these ears,not bad for a bunch of old dudes.
    Aaron

motorcitydave likes this.
  7. pigman

Forgot to mention that the lps come in rice paper,mylar sleeves separate from the cardboard sleeves,no scuffed vinyl which is a bonus.
    Aaron

8. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

Your local shop must have let this out early as release date is now supposed to be 14th February I think.

Edit... I'm jealous :)

Myke likes this.
  9. SimplyOrange

SimplyOrange Forum Resident

What's the label on the record look like? Is it the Swan Song Apollo label or just a fancy colorful one?

10. Giorgio

Giorgio Forum Resident

I received a message from the shop in UK where I bought this album (by pre-order) last January, 22th, with the advise that the release date has moved back to February 11th.
    At the beginning, the release date was January, 28th... more or less...and in Canada was confirmed.

Why in UK (Europe?) the release date has been moved back for a couple of weeks?

11. pigman

It is orange with a red circle,with what looks like a clock face but instead of numbers there are zep like symbols.
    Aaron

12. KBanya

KBanya Active Member

I received mine a couple of days ago as well. $39 on sale :) It is beautiful. my vinyl is quiet and clean. This is a pleasure to listen to and look at. I really liked my last Zep vinyl box as well (Mothership)...and this set is just as impressive.

13. Brian Gardiner

Brian Gardiner Active Member

Picked up a copy at HMV in Toronto tonight. Apparently it's out there.

14. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

Damn you guys! Curses! :laugh: Well, at least you're lettin' us know how the packaging and sound is...

15. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

Amazon UK have this selling at the moment for £31.97, it was previously nearly fifty quid, so I've now switched my order from Amazon DE where I had it pinned down at the same price as this latest offer because it now makes more sense to order from the UK at no extra cost.

Celebration Day [3LP] [VINYL]

16. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Can anyone comment on how the vinyl sounds compared to the CD, Blu Ray and HdTracks version?

17. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

it's better than the CD and equivalent to the Blu-Ray, the LP's are pressed at Pallas and the quality is excellent, no complaints from me

Myke likes this.
  18. Giorgio

Giorgio Forum Resident

Why in UK (Europe?) the release date has been moved back at February 11th.?

19. ndtechie05

ndtechie05 Forum Resident

Mine from Amazon US says next Tuesday...I wonder if they are all pressed at the same place or if RTI is doing the US version?

20. pigman

The one I have is a U.S pressing,so it appears all are pressed at RTI for N.A.
    Aaron

21. kingofstoneage

kingofstoneage Forum Resident

I should receive my EU-Vinyl tomorrow!

22. ndtechie05

ndtechie05 Forum Resident

Amazon shipping my US vinyl!

23. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Just got my box from Amazon US tonight...played Since I've Been Loving You as long as I could before the wife and kid complained of the ear splitting volume. I really like what I heard so far!!!! Much better than the cd and even though I did not do a direct a/b comparison...sounds better that the HdTracks as well. The sound of Jimmy's pick on the strings during said song sealed the deal.

And after the drama of the Beatles box....it was nice to spin some new 180G vinyl without non-fill or shooshing noises.........would love to sit back and immerse myself in all 3 lp's tonight with a nice tall glass of Cabernet....but it's a school night.

Giorgio and pigman like this.
  24. pigman

You are in for a treat,nice vinyl is an added bonus.
    Aaron

25. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Got the US version today from Amazon Japan. I paid 3800 yen (about $42). There is also a Japanese version coming out for over double that price. Can't see the difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.