Led Zeppelin HotH SUPER DELUXE BOX $34.99

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by SJP, Oct 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lebowski

Lebowski Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!

I received this about a week ago. It was just the main LP. A small part of me was wondering if they would send an entire Super Deluxe replacement set...

2. stimpdad

stimpdad Member

I got three copies of the main LP for my box sets. Only had to show my original receipt. Pretty painless.

3. Kubricker

Kubricker Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow…

4. SJP

SJP Forum Resident Thread Starter

$33.50 shipped with tons available, wow! I'd almost buy another one. I wonder if these are being blown out due to the flaw in the LP which is discussed earlier in this thread. Seems silly because anyone who buys this and wants the corrected vinyl simply has to submit their information to get one.

Or perhaps HotH is deemed the strangest LZ album (coining the phrase from another active thread) or least-liked album and they couldn't give these boxes away.

5. Speezy

Speezy Well-Known Member

too good to pass up. Thanks for the heads up!

6. rtalwani

rtalwani Forum Resident

Thanks for the tip. I'm hoping it comes with the download code.

7. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

It does but unfortunately it has a terrible skip.....;)

rtalwani likes this.
  8. sjmin209

sjmin209 Forum Resident

9. Lebowski

Lebowski Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!

So, are all these cheap copies just resellers who got a bunch of sets with the defective main LP?

I bought one from Merchandise Outlet, and Rhino sent me a replacement LP with no hassle, but I'd swear it still sounds a little off. May just be a paranoid illusion... :crazy:

tmtomh likes this.
  10. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

I honestly don't know if the resellers even know whether or not their sets have the defective LP, or how many of them even are aware of the issue. But as you say, still a good deal because, via Dr Rhino, once you have your purchase receipt for this set, you can get a free sealed LP of the main album as well! (And AFAIK the replacements are fine - but this album's remaster is IMHO not quite as good sonically as many of the others, and conversely this album already was available in multiple excellent sounding pressings/versions via the Diament CD and the Ludwig and Peckham vinyl, among others...)

11. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Are the replacements now coming sealed with the retail cover/packaging? My replacement copy was sent in a generic white cardboard sleeve.

12. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

My replacement copies came in original sealed retail cover with mark through barcode.

sparkydog and superstar19 like this.
  13. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

Mine too.

superstar19 likes this.
  14. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

I better check mine and see if I need a replacement... think I bought this Super Deluxe Box on Amazon when it was released so I should be able to print the invoice if my copy needs replacing. Thanks all!

superstar19 likes this.
  15. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

I went ahead and ordered this. At $35 I can't afford not to.

johnny q likes this.
  16. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

I went the Rhino route and my replacement still had the distortion in "The Ocean." When I brought this to their attention they offered to check the next replacement prior to sending and confirmed back to me they heard the distortion on that one too - so they offered me an alternate item instead. So, I was forced to order the Euro pressing from Amazon UK. This was 2-3 months after this box was released BTW.

17. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

Man the price is definitely right, but it's the Zep album I play the least. I wish they had this deal for the the third album

18. guidedbyvoices

ah crap, I had $19 left on an amazon gift card. Screw it, ordered! You bastards, I'm trying to save money and I keep finding ways here to spend it

tmtomh, The Beave, Davidmk5 and 2 others like this.
  19. guidedbyvoices

My box arrived. Definitely have the super distortion on Lp1 the ocean. Emailed Dr Rhino for a replacement...

20. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Me too, a few days ago. Haven't heard a peep. Just sent them a 2nd notice. Not very impressed with their customer service so far..

21. sjmin209

sjmin209 Forum Resident

Also waiting to hear back from them

22. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

This is my 3rd copy trying to get a box that isn't split on the seam.... This one is split also. The only one in the series that arrived split and now I have 3 of em.... grrr, I asked them to try to find me one that isn't split

23. guidedbyvoices

I just sent a second email too. I'm in no rush but an acknowledgment that they got my email and will get back to me would be nice

24. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

That's not good , i got one with no shrink-wrap on it & one of the lp's is missing inside , just sent them over a message , a few different sellers have these on ebay , i have to wonder how many of these were pressed .... such a great price on the one album .

25. guidedbyvoices

Update - got email from dr rhino, sent receipt and photo of record, they're shipping a replacement

Davidmk5 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.