Led Zeppelin - new SHM Box from Japan.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Boaz, Aug 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuckNaked

BuckNaked Senior Member

2. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member

I wonder how many will order this thinking it's the new remasters.

3. BuckNaked

BuckNaked Senior Member

I don't know, but there are going to be a lot of unhappy people who paid BIG BUCKS for this ietm when it was OOP, or got sctuck with a Chinese knock-off.

4. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member

And then some will be even more pissed when the new Deluxe Editions start coming out and they feel the need to buy them on SHM-CDs.

5. BuckNaked

BuckNaked Senior Member

What Deluxe Editions?

6. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member

The entire Led Zeppelin studio catalog has been remastered and was released on iTunes on December 18. Deluxe Editions boxes for each album with unreleased tracks are due to be released sometimes later this year.

7. Budysr

Budysr Forum Resident

Any idea if the rematers will be reissued on vinyl this year? Also, I wonder how the new remasters sound?

8. simon-wagstaff

simon-wagstaff Forum Resident

How about the upcoming hi-rez transfers? For Cds why would anybody care about any of the current masterings with these on the (potential) horizon?. Do they trot out the analogue tapes for every vinyl re-issue? I really don't know. I do know I am not that excited about any of the LZ cds I have now and am looking forward to new higher rez transfers.

9. tribby2001

tribby2001 Forum Resident

10. BuckNaked

BuckNaked Senior Member

I think the point is, these are the SHM CDs. The efficacy of which remains open to debate, even after 20 pages of this thread.

11. Groggy

Groggy Forum Resident

Why can't the new releases be on SACD......or is that asking too much. The normal SHM cd's don't sound much different, even a bit tinny!!

12. joachim50

joachim50 Forum Resident

Yes,indeed,"heavily pirated",but I'm enjoying mine tremendously;btw I bought it(the SHM Box)at a fraction of the original asking price...

So what??

13. kevin S

kevin S Active Member

i just got a barely used shm set for low price It passes every test as being real Disc one is scratched so i have to replace it but it has iff1 of 44XX spinning 3 wheel cutouts on Pg and correct colors Shm is on transparent circle at hub and alll booklets in Japanese and english included Obi's were not. My question is are there known pirated copies that meet all requirements of real SHM box Comes with all alternate covers and colors are same as my known legit non shm box. I read the forum and saw the pix of fakes vs eal but find it hard to believe someone sold me this for such a low price cuz "the new ones are so much "better". In short spinning wheel cutouts no 303 on hub...real?

14. kevin

kevin Senior Member

I recently sold my SHM cd set at a store near where I work for a lot less than I really should have but I was looking to make room for the new reissues( if by some chance you did buy my set it is legit not a pirated copy btw).

15. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

for me once is enough at the outrageous price this commands...but, if one missed it the first time that's cool that they can get a legitimate set.

16. Michael

guess you were not happy with the sound?

17. Michael

and we pay extra for that tinny!

18. kevin

kevin Senior Member

The sound quality was a bit lacking compared to the new versions.

19. Michael

OK, thanks...

20. MaximilianRG

MaximilianRG Forum Resident

Should have sold it to me. :shake:

21. moops

moops Senior Member

I can see an update to the box with the current remasters coming somewhere in the not too distant future, especially out of Japan.
    I pre-ordered my box through CD Japan at the time of release and yes ... paid top dollar for it at the time.
    And I really don't have a problem with the sound at all.
    Don't think I could ever part with it as it's beautifully put together, may just burn discs of the current remasters and pop them in the mini-lp sleeves as well.

22. kevin S

kevin S Active Member

Honestly and i know Ill get run off this board like on Zep board but i like the Definitive edition sound better than new remasters. Better than Diaments too altho am going on memory there...I know I am in 1% here and no, I am not "deaf". To me Bonham's drumming...the overall sound is just fuller but I dont hear a huge difference on MY equipment between SHM and non SHM...I sold remasters and got another sealed definitive box as future backup-not to resell. For me I get the best listening out of the lossless burns of these in my car and on computer. and yes my SHM set turned out to be real...I found someone with a legit set and mine matches every marker as real. Maximillian if u can even get non SHM box u will not be disappointed. Again I am in minority here but my wife who is not a fan tested listening to 3 trax from 3 different albums and picked Definitive Box non shm version as best with no investment/bias at all in her evaluation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.