Led Zeppelin Remasters in 2014+ to include 2nd disc of bonus material (Pt 8)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soka

soka Forum Resident

Yes it is...

2. Thievius

Thievius Blue Oyster Cult-ist

Sorry I haven't kept up with these releases, but are they going to be releasing a new Song Remains The Same?

3. Jonboy

Jonboy Forum Resident

It does, doesn't it? And can we please have a moment of silence to appreciate its magnificence? :)

tmtomh likes this.
  4. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Fair and balanced review - I have a hard time with the extreme views on this series.

Clanceman, tmtomh and guidedbyvoices like this.
  5. LarryT

LarryT Forum Resident

Don't count on it. They "recently" re-released it in a number of configurations in 2007.

6. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

No since that was done in 2007.

:laugh:

Jonboy likes this.
  7. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

So flesh it out man!

Sathington Willoughby likes this.
  8. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

I'm adding
    - White Summer/Black Mountain Side 8:03 (from 1990 box set)
    - Moby Dick/Bonzo's Montreux 3:50 (from 1990 box set)
    - The Girl I Love She Got Long Black Wavy Hair 3:03 (from BBC Sessions)
    - Somethin' Else 2:07 (from BBC Sessions)

9. Jonboy

Jonboy Forum Resident

Yeah. In light of the vastly improved SQ over previous digital versions (IMO) and the nuggets to be found on the companion discs, I think Jimmy's done right by us.

My man... :righton:

Clanceman, JimC, Tommyboy and 4 others like this.
  10. ledsox

ledsox Senior Member

Would someone compare the bonus track Achilles with the remaster album version?
    I have only heard the alt mix and I really like the low end here. Is there that much low end on the album version?
    The outro seems a bit of a mess but otherwise I really like the tonality of the bonus track.
    Wondering if this is like Kashmir where the alt version has slightly better tonality.

11. gramfan

gramfan Forum Resident

Anyone else have a comment on the Presence remaster?..One the fence on this one...

12. Dhreview16

Dhreview16 Forum Resident

Am reliably informed that my deluxe last 3 vinyls have arrived today.....nice to get early presents, or should that be Presence ? Will be stunning if they match the others. Well done Jimmy Page....

13. ledsox

ledsox Senior Member

My take on the 'Pod pod' thing.
    It goes from what sounds like a Carole King ballad backing track to a Jeff Beck Group with Max Middleton backing track but with Beck on a bathroom break.
    What a shame Jimmy didn't put some smoking lead on top.

PacificOceanBlue and RK2249 like this.
  14. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Yes.

15. dee

dee Senior Member

Fwiw, I had the same reaction. Very much so. But at a quicker tempo and more aggressive. The last minute or longer though has more in common imo with Physical Grafitti.

RK2249 likes this.
  16. StevenC

StevenC SUEDE > Both Oasis AND Blur.

Sorry if someone asked this, but in the US, do the vinyl versions of Presence, Coda, etc. come with a download card?

17. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

Purchased at B B, another guy snatched all three titles in front of me. I got the one I wanted though. Looked to me like others purchased earlier as well. Who says physical media is dead...;)

JimC likes this.
  18. masswriter

masswriter Minister At Large

Allow me a minor quibble, but it's one that I think most of us could all agree on, wouldn't it be cool if Page gave sort of some commentary of each track instead of all the photos (or in addition to)? I am thinking specifically like Dylan did on Biograph. All in all I love every set.

Zep Fan, JimC, ledsox and 1 other person like this.
  19. SpinningInfinity

SpinningInfinity Forum Resident

damn it's breaking my heart right now I am so tight on cash. I had no clue or at least had forgotten all 3 of these boxes are dropping at the same time...

I've been collecting the super deluxe sets as a treat to myself being basically a life long Zeppelin fan...but there's no way I can drop some $350 on the last 3 all at once.

damn.

it's a happy day they are all out (Popmarket special too today for those interested...not a bad deal about $103 for ITTOD, and Presence, Coda is I think $129) free shipping US./

I remember buying Coda in about 1985 or so. I was learning to drive and taking those classes you do when you are a kid....we had a lunch break and there was a Warehouse record store 2 doors down...I went over and bought it.
    I looked like Duran Duran but was really into rock...I came back with the LP and the other kids laughed at me for buying Led Zeppelin.

looks who's laughing now

;)

hahaha

did anyone grab all three of the Super Deluxe box sets?
    let me know what you think...past that what are people's favorites so far of the final 3 LPs?

maybe in a week or two I could get one...tempted to just go in order...so Presence would be next.

Use_Your_Koala and Boomy like this.
  20. FrixFrixFrix

FrixFrixFrix Senior Member

Thinking about making a one-disc compilation for my Dad, since I gave him The Complete Studio Recordings box last year. Mainly looking at stuff that is either brand new or significantly different from the album version, since he won't notice subtle differences.

Sugar Mama (mix)
    Whole Lotta Love (rough mix with vocal)
    Thank You (backing track)
    Bring It On Home (rough mix)
    La La (backing track)
    Since I've Been Loving You (rough mix)
    Jennings Farm Blues (rough mix)
    Key to the Highway/Trouble In My Mind (rough mix)
    St. Tristan's Sword (rough mix)
    Going to California (mandolin/guitar mix)
    If It Keeps On Raining (rough mix)
    Friends (Bombay Orchestra)
    The Song Remains the Same (guitar overdub reference mix)
    Houses of the Holy (rough mix with overdubs)
    Sick Again (early version)
    Everybody Makes It Through (In the Light) (early version/in transit)
    10 Ribs & All/Carrot Pod Pod (Pod) (reference mix)

Comes out to about 79 minutes

Pete Puma, supermd, JimC and 5 others like this.
  21. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

I'm still debating on the super Deluxes or just getting the deluxe CDs and regular vinyl editions.

22. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

If it makes you feel better, I was one of those guys taking off from work - well, a half day. However, it's after 1pm and fires are burning, so I am not going anywhere, no half day for me:realmad:

I did listen to the Presence companion disc in my car at lunchtime. Some interesting stuff here. An entire ad libbed section in "For Your Life" that was edited out of the final version and a bizarre vocal take on "Royal Orleans!" They cannot have possibly been serious about that?? Sound was less than impressive...a bit muddy. I understand the ITTOD companion disc is even worse.

The instrumental is cool - Bonham seals the deal on that one.

JeffMo likes this.
  23. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

My single-disc vinyl preorders arrived, and I just happen to have the day off to wait for the Maytag repairman. I'm impressed by the packaging for ITTOD, with a resealable outer plastic sleeve to protect everything.

Dino and Vinyl Fan 1973 like this.
  24. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Now don't go finding any distortion on the vinyl :)

tmtomh and Ben Adams like this.
  25. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

By chance...has anybody seen these at a Meijer store?

I have some coupons/MPerks I could use :D:D:D

JasonA likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.