Let it Be Naked - Promo films

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by John Hatter, Nov 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Hatter

John Hatter Senior Member Thread Starter

Let it Be Naked - Video promos

In the UK last evening TOTP2 showed 2 promos, Get Back and Dont Let me Down, (and I video'd them both)

Get Back, not from the rooftop, its taken from the session. A little of it appeared in Anthology where Billy Preston was introduced and they listened to the playback. The promo is great, we see John singing his backing vocals on the chorus, everybody smiling , and having a great time. Paul standing playing bass and singing with George Martin looking on. Ringo smiling, George H smiling, John and Paul standing playing guitar opposite each other and kind of dancing and larking about.

Dont let me Down - Is from the rooftop, though some of the camera angles are different and it does not come to down to the street. It might be my imagination but every body looks happier , George smiles !

Let IT BE - A small clip was shown on the national news on the day of release. This appeared to be a compilation of unseen shots from the recording sessions , lots of playfulness and smiling.

The whole feel of these promo's is happy and smiling, and it made me smile along with them, unlike the drudgery of the original movie.
    I wonder if we'll get a Happy Let it Be DVD to complement the original when it's released ? I really hope so !
    Cheers
    John

2. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Maybe it will be "Happy to be Naked Let it Be"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.