Lethal Weapon - TV show

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by RickH, Oct 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickH

RickH Connoisseur of deep album cuts Thread Starter

With the first episode of this new TV reboot (starring Damon Wayons as Murtaugh, Clayne Crawford as Riggs), I wasn't sure whether this was going to be worth my time, but the second episode I was more impressed with. Anyone else watched this?

2. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

We like it a lot. The two leads play perfect personifications of the original movie-version characters, and have great chemistry together.

fitzysbuna and RickH like this.
  3. Time Is On My Side

Time Is On My Side Forum Resident

I thought they should have gone with the original plot of Lethal Weapon 2 and ended it there.

What channel is this new one on btw? I get Hulu so I'd watch it if it's on there.

4. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

I am enjoying the show ! (yes I did love the movies too!) very good casting and I think the show is worth investing time in. I was surprised to find out Damon Wayons was in his 50's as he looks like he just reached 40. , to me this is Clayne Crawford's big break as I have seen him in bit parts for many years (usually playa unlikeable jerks) in this he plays a hero. I know a lot people wanted to write this off first episode due to the fact its a remake but I feel it is holding its own very well! just hope it gets past season 1 !

jpelg likes this.
  5. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Yeah I was going to write this off but I enjoyed the first ep so kept watching. I never heard of Clayne Crawford before seeing him in this. Damon and Clayne have a good chemistry in this show. I'm in for the long haul. Apparently it's been extended for a full season as the ratings have been favourable.

6. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I'm enjoying it as well.

7. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

so this finishes at 18 episodes ? I thought most shows go to 22 or 24 episodes most seasons anybody find it strange?

8. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

I really thought that this show would suck, compared to the movies and in every other way too, but it really doesn't ! The two main characters have great chemistry and it is a total blast to watch.

Who would have guessed, a well done "Reboot" - at last !

Never did like the "new" Hawaii 5-0 though for example ... but somehow this show just clicks for me.

eddiel likes this.
  9. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I'm almost caught up with it but I really enjoy it.

Nice touch bringing Leo Getz into the mix.

Good chemistry between Riggs and Murtaugh.

10. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident

I try to watch the first episode of most shows just to give them a chance but usually stay with the big 3 networks and stay away from Fox and WB or whatever that teen girl network is called these days. But I was pleasantly surprised by this show and have stuck with it. In answer to why its not going the full 22 episodes, I would guess it has to do with the budget. They have to be spending more for this show than most hour series, with all of the action sequences and car chases.

11. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I really enjoyed this series. They did a good job. Great casting, especially with the leads.

PhantomStranger and Scott222C like this.
  12. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Totally over the top but it's fun

eddiel and Lonson like this.
  13. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

haven't checked it out yet. love the movies. shame they never made a part 5

blind_melon1 likes this.
  14. tommy-thewho

Finally finished the season.

Very well done....

15. slovell

slovell Retired Mudshark

I really enjoy the show which means that Fox will cancel it.

16. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Awful.

Graham and andybeau like this.
  17. Beatmusicfan

Beatmusicfan Forum Resident

I love the show. I didn't expect much when it was first advertised on Fox. I tuned in for the first episode just to see how bad it was going to be, but I was hooked. Some of the stories are resolved a little too easily, but that's to be expected given the time constraints. I think that there's a great balance of humor, action and drama.

I really hope that they don't drag the story line of Riggs' hunt in Mexico for the head of the crime family for too long in season two. It might undo everything that made season one enjoyable.

Scott222C and jpelg like this.
  18. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

This just came out on Netflix. The action and stunts are ridiculous like Hudson Hawk or some other 90s action flick. Awesome.

eddiel likes this.
  19. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Exactly. It has a great 80/90s vibe to it. Fun show, without "being" funny

Brenald79 likes this.
  20. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

This show has some of the best action and stunts I've ever seen on tv. Each episode has something so cool you need to rewatch a few times. Like at the end in ep 5 when they jump out of the building, throws the bomb up in the air, Riggs shoots the bomb, and they both land in the pool lol.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    eddiel likes this.
  21. Brenald79 and tommy-thewho like this.
  22. tommy-thewho

New season is off to a good start.

Brenald79 and Lonson like this.
  23. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Scottie Pippen is in the latest episode.

24. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

25. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident

Funny how a nobody gets a big job and becomes a jerk. Success turns you into the person that you really are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.