Leveling a Nottingham Spacedeck

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Fore, Feb 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fore

Fore New Member Thread Starter

Despite my best efforts, I've been unable to get this perfectly level. I've lifted the table out of the oil multiple times, tried using wedges, all to no avail.

Does anyone know what the darn trick is here??

Thanks,
    Chris

2. qrarolu

qrarolu Forum Resident

You mean the platter is not level, not the turntable base? There are some adjustment screws on the platter to make the center pillar perpendicular to the platter but I think it is difficult to adjust and I wouldn't recommend trying using them.

3. dmckean

dmckean Forum Resident

Also, is the surface you're installing it on completely level?

4. Fore

Thanks for the help guys! Yes, the rack is perfectly level as is the turntable base; it's the platter like Robert mentioned. Funny, I never noticed those adjustment screws before; seems to me that's my only option at this point no?

5. qrarolu

qrarolu Forum Resident

The screws are mentioned in the manual but they don't really encourage you to use them. I have no idea how you should set them to get the platter in level. I guess it is easy to make the damage worse.

6. Fore

Ah, I found another manual that has that info, the online one I had previously was sparse in comparison. I'll 'very slowly' try to adjust as I'm tired of having a wobbly, even if it's ever so small, turntable.

Thanks for the help Robert

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  7. qrarolu

qrarolu Forum Resident

You're welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.